• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Generations (All Episodes)

If they show off Cynthia in one of the next two Sinnoh videos I will actually be really annoyed. Because they haven't featured the Hoenn champions.

I will only not be salty about this if either:
a) the dude I saw somewhere who made a theory about two more eps appreaing is correct, and those eps feature them
b) there is a PWT episode.

Britney123

Episode 9 was nice because it gave an insight into a consipracy which was enjoyable. Ty was hot too.

Episode 10 was fantastic it was the weirdest thing. The dining scene was brilliant it was oddly erotic and creepy at the same time. That Chansey though good lord.

roguedr4g0nite

WishiWashi Trainer
That ghost girl was my favorite part! Brought the real horror out in Pokémon. Which is nice considering the ghosts in the main anime are way too friendly.
As for Cheryl...dang she's hot! I saw her in the DP series and brushed her off but now she's like one of my favorite female characters.

Haruka's Swimsuit

Bomberhead 18-kin!
The super-detailed art style really made Episode 10 standout for me. I like how they showed what was really happening in the dining scene. It is much more common in a scenario like this for the audience to be shown what the character sees, the illusionary feast that they aren't really eating. Showing it the other way takes the viewer out of the experience, rather than taking them along for the ride with the character.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
That ghost girl was my favorite part! Brought the real horror out in Pokémon. Which is nice considering the ghosts in the main anime are way too friendly.
As for Cheryl...dang she's hot! I saw her in the DP series and brushed her off but now she's like one of my favorite female characters.

There's the ghost girl from DP tho she was anything but nice

AmethystLeslie

I notice people here were freaking out about the use of Gabby and Ty, of all characters, to star in this episode abor Deoxys and Rayquaza.

I didn't have a problem with it in the slightest, it was a seamless transition to me, since it reminded me of PokeSpe a little bit, in terms of thier depiction. Gabby and Ty were a little more involved with the plot a little more. Don't remember too much, but they weren't just random reporters. It just made me think about that.

Episode 9 was amazing. This was my first Generation episode but does Serebii makes avatars for the Generation episodes? I definitely need a avatar of when Deoxys glares at Rayquaza.
Also, I really hope a soundtrack is released for Generations because I really need that Battle! (Deoxys) soundtrack arrangement/remix.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Huh. Here I thought the stat trainers would all be in one episode.

And that ending doesn't bode well for Cheryl and Chansey...
If the ghosts intended to kill them I think they would have done it earlier, most likely they just kept using their illusions to tease and scare her until she and Chansey manage to get away or fight back.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I was hoping for a Zinnia appearance.... oh well.
It would be cool if one episode revolved around Scott forming the Sinnoh Battle Frontier

Didn't enjoy the ghost episode..... I hate ghosts. Not ghost types, I love those. I hate real ghosts.

roserade the warrior

I have to say, I do feel a little disappointed in Generations.

I just don't think it does the premise it said very well - it called itself 'the untold stories of the Pokemon World', but a lot of stuff looks like it's adapting stuff straight out of the games without shedding any new light on them. Granted, there's only so much you can do in five minutes, and most of it at least tries to look at the events from the games from a different perspective, but I don't really come out of it feeling like it showed something I didn't already know. I think this is why Episode 9 is kinda disappointing - I don't mind seeing Gabby and Ty at all, but for something that said it was going to tell new stories, it sure didn't tie up any of the many loose ends with Zinnia (especially since she's a character who hasn't been animated yet).

All in all, I just see Generations as fanservice at this point. Which I do understand, it's the 20th anniversary and so having some fanservice in terms of recreating climactic and memorable scenes from the games is probably a good idea. The shorts themselves aren't my cup of tea though, a mixture of those expectations I guess combined with the fact that some episodes seem to have an awful lot of shock value (such as how it is strongly implied that Maxie, Archie and I guess Cheryl now all died (or at least what happens to them here is incompatible with their fate in the games) when they didn't in the games and there's no reason to kill them off here).

There are some things I like though. I do like how it's taking a somewhat more mature and story driven approach to the games, even though I do think it goes overboard in the darkness sometimes. I like seeing characters like Silver and ORAS Magma/Aqua on the screens when we otherwise wouldn't have a chance. The voices for the characters sound right, and Chansey in Episode 10 completely cracked me up. So it's not all negative, I just wish that what we got matched the initial premise a bit more.

Actually, I think that specific episode was one of the best. What did the scientist said at the end? "People are not prepared for this", Something like that, is not word for word, but it was basically that. Now, he is referring to Deoxys. But this phrase is possibly tied with the newly introduced ultra beast, which seems to come from space. Remember, most people dont think UB are pokemon (in canon, for all we know), and hearing Gaby surprised to see deoxys was "captured", that it was a pokemon. And looking at some UBs, they have a resemblance with deoxys (lean, amorphous, tentacly creatures; they also share the destroy the earth mentality). With this I mean, that maybe there is a connection between UBs and deoxys and this chapter hinted at it.

Also, it is not heavily implied that they died. They were definitely attacked (at least for Archie and Cheryl), but in the case of Archie and Cheryl, they could have still survived. As for Maxie: it was a vision, more often than not, visions (on TV and anime) are only a big possibility of something happening, or rather, the actual outcome if something else does not intervene; the hero could easily be that element of intervention that saves Maxie and his crew.

Last edited:

Sakuraba

There's a lot to say here.

The Scoop: This was the last thing I expected to see, but I'm glad I saw it. Seeing Mega Rayquaza battle against Deoxys was really cool. Deoxys transforming was really cool to see. Also, Brendan catching Deoxys was really cool. It was the first time we saw a legendary being caught normally in an anime. Something that actually happens in-game. Also, seeing the Mawville TV and all of the pokemon working in a more natural urban enviroment gives us a nice glimpse to how regular civillians live thier lives with Pokémon. Some cool insight into this world we so admire.

Gabby and Ty were actually fun to watch. They aren't as deep as say Green, Silver or Looker (or even the Gym Leaders) but they are nice side characters to allow us into this world and to see thing in a more normal light. I want to see what this episode will lead into in the future. The cliffhanger was kinda shitty for being something we won't have a sequel to, but I liked it to make us think a little. Make us question this storyline a little.

The Old Chateau: So, we got or first look into Sinnoh. And, let me say, what a look it was. When it started, I was weirded out by how sexual and pretty Sheryl was portraited. Even ****ing Chansey was more round than normal. But after seeing the whole invisible eating scene, I actually enjoyed it. It made the scene even more unsettling and uncomfortable than it already was. It set the tone for the rest of the episode really well. Seeing the butler and the little girl being spooky and all was nice. And the chateau itself was so pretty/spooky and such a cool setting. And shout out to Haunter being creepier than Gengar in this.

But, I'm not gonna lie, I missed somethings in this. Where's Rotom? We catch him there, I wanted him to be the main mon for this episode. Even with that, I still really liked this one. The Old Chateau was really memorable for me and I liked seeing it better represented in animated form. (Don't remember how the PokéSpe mangá portraited it.) Excited to see how the last two Sinnoh episode are gonna go. I imagine Cyrus, Cynthia, Giratina and the Distortion World are gonna be in one. The other may be Barry and his Father. Or Looker again, since he's original from Sinnoh (at least from our perspective.)

One last thing: We are starting to go into the spoopy crap Pokémon does, and I'm happy for it.

hustenapfel

Did anyone else think that Chansey was actually Duplicas Ditto? You know, the one that kept its Ditto face upon transforming.

One of the small details that got my attention on my 2nd watching of ep9 was the keyboards being used. Are those keys japanese? Or something made up for this short?

They've had those really weird keyboards in a lot of episodes of the main anime. I'm not really sure what they mean tho :/