• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Generations (All Episodes)

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
The entire series is a flop imo, and they were way too short.

There were some good episodes. Unova was pretty good. Johto too, come to think of it.

My main gripe was retelling stories that we already knew.

Well it doesnt help that the source material of xy is bad.

It wasn't bad per se, it fell flat because the execution was terrible.

CelebiAS

They ended it on a very high note.
I think they were able to explain and tell the tale of Pokemon to the fullest in this episode. I probably would tell someone who wants to know what Pokemon is via animation, to watch this very last episode.

Not all of the episodes were this well crafted ofc, but I think eps 1 and 3 of Unova were my favourites.

Red and Blue

There was really nothing else they could have done to tell AZ's story.

Janovy

Banned
There was really nothing else they could have done to tell AZ's story.
Honestly, anything else would have been better.

Maybe show how AZ got captured by Lysandre originally? How he built the weapon?

These are supposed to be untold stories, not inferior adaptations of stories we already know about.

Sakuraba

Hm..... This was interesting... Seeing the legend animated in the same style it was told in XY was beautiful, though I wished it'd have dug a little deeper in AZ's perspective during it. I can't say I'm dissaponted.

It wasn't an action pack filled episode, In fact, all of Kalos' episodes were pretty calm and I'm intrigued by that. You'd think they would've focused more on Mega Evolution, but I think it was fitting for the region. And it's cool that Generations ends the same way XY did. It wraps everything up nicely. (Though I wished there were 21 episodes to include Alola.)

ALSO! Can't believe I almost forgot this: Calem has Chesnaught!! Grass-Starters are confirmed canon! Yeeaah!

Last edited:

Pokemon Power

Episode 18 was a fitting way to end the series. I nearly cried when AZ's immortal Floette returned. Kinda weird that they went with Chesnaught instead of Greninja.

Overall, Pokemon Generations was a good series. I like how they had all those stories, and how they each had a different feeling. There were moments of happiness, moments of sadness, moments of fear. There were a few things that were questionable though, such as the absence of the Generation IV player character.

Bit of a shame that the series didn't have either a connection to Generation VII or an appearance by the legendary Pokemon Mewtwo. Unless..........

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
When all is said and done ... I still take this as better than the mainline anime. I don't know why, but I think it has to do with the fact Generations never had to deal with one thing, arc fatigue. Even as a kid, getting invested in the main anime was a chore because the characters I liked were side characters destined to be thrown away like yesterday's trash. Sure, Generations was simply fanservice, but I at least liked the fanservice.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
That was... pretty bad and forgettable. I'm probably being very blunt in saying that, but this episode added nothing to XY's story. At least with Lysandre's episode, we got to see him in his element, AZ's episode was just the events in XY animated, and OK that's nice to see animated, but every other episode has already done that and more. This felt completely phoned in as an episode, and they could've done anything else to make this one better then it turned out to be.

Also, Floette, you can do better.

Last edited:

NeoDude-5000

Good way to end the Kalos arc and the entire series for that matter. Seeing the legend redone like that was interesting, maybe they could re-use the footage for the remakes. One question where were Serena, Shauna, Tierno and Trevor? Should they have been here.

So yeah that was Pokemon Generations I think this was a great series with some great episodes telling interesting stories that we already knew or completely different ones. Thanks again Pokemon for a new series, do more next time when you hit 25.

Curious question what were your favourite and worst episodes of the series?

Red and Blue

Good way to end the Kalos arc and the entire series for that matter. Seeing the legend redone like that was interesting, maybe they could re-use the footage for the remakes. One question where were Serena, Shauna, Tierno and Trevor? Should they have been here.

So yeah that was Pokemon Generations I think this was a great series with some great episodes telling interesting stories that we already knew or completely different ones. Thanks again Pokemon for a new series, do more next time when you hit 25.

Curious question what were your favourite and worst episodes of the series?
My favorite was episode fourteen when Plasma invaded Opelucid City and least favorite was episode sixteen. That episode was just dull

4de_92

Nice that they not forget to add calem ( Even though his manga counterpart doesn't like me). The episode was good.
My favourites episodes :
*silver's episode
*team aqua's episode
*heatran's episode
*Iris and gym leaders vs seven sages
*Drayden epidode
* Emma's episode

Generation are not the big deal.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I honestly thought that Charizard was going to do something, but it never did. It just stood there, only to point out that, yes, Charizard are really that small next to an adult.

The Kalos section of Generations was a tad disappointing. The only untold story was Lysandre being an amazing businessman. The others? Retells of the same events with less characters (no Xerosic in Emma's episode, no Kalos trio or Serena(!) at the conference).

Some of the previous untold stories just retooled things around without showing the main characters arrive when they should have. No Lucas in the Sinnoh section, even at the Spear Pillar?

...But honestly speaking, Generations is much better than the anime, and I wouldn't have minded if it just showed the whole thing in HD glory with the main character ACTUALLY achieving victory at every league.

Kalosian

So long
So this is the last episode... I was wondering what it would show, and it turns out to be this. I guess it makes sense since this was arguably the most interesting part of AZs story, though the story of the war that he told while imprisoned by Lysandre was interesting too. But it is here as well, so that's good. The way the war was animated was quite cool, I like seeing different animation styles and it suits the story. Calem appeared, awesome! I always like seeing another player character getting an appearance. The little girl also looks a bit like a young Serena which is interesting. I liked seeing Chesnaught and Golurk too. Not my favorite episode but still good. Perfect Zygarde didn't get an appearance, but it did appear in the very first episode and I guess that's the reason it was on the poster.

And this is the end of Generations. I really liked this miniseries on the whole. I don't mind the episodes being short because I usually get bored when watching something longer unless I'm really interested in it. Though since Pokemon is one of my biggest interests, I guess it could work... Either way, I'm happy that we got this at all. Hopefully they can do more animations and things like this in the future... especially ones that focus on all generations because that's one thing I really liked. If not, animating anything that isn't from Gen 1 works for me since I feel that Gen 1 gets too much of the spotlight far too often. Might write some more thoughts on this mini-series later on but this is it for now.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
"Untold stories". At least AZ's story was animated... sort of.

I dunno, that was a weak way to end Generations after the great promise it showed from the start. There were hits just like there were misses (episode eight is probably still my favorite of them all), but the episodes were short. It was just a nice way to start off Fridays, and the animation quality was a step-up from the TV series. So at the very least, it was enjoyable.

I gotta say, though, this was a better way to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Pokémon than what they did for the tenth.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Chesnaught instead of Greninja? Huh..... well, Chesnaught got cheated in the anime anyways so this makes up for it I guess.
This was a good way to wrap up Generations. It was actually an emotional episode.

Now.... can we please get a show in this animation?