• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Genetic Engineering

Metal Force

o^_^o PWNZOME
Pokémon Genetic Engineering

I'm not talking about cloning like they did with Mewtwo, but rather similar to real life genetic engineering, for example in real life, they took the glowing genes form jellyfish, and they put them into mice. But that's in real life, now what about Pokémon? what could they do, would they improve some Pokémon like Blissey by giving it strong skin genes or something like that?

Discuss.

Kitsune Winterheart

Wintry Lights
That would be kinda cool o__o They could even make Torterra stand ice attacks by putting some Glalie's genes to it. The tree on it's back would drop its leaves, and the branches would get frosty. Torterra's colors would change a bit, too.

Really, Pokémon genetic engineering is a great idea, M.F. If we only could do it in games, too... *sigh*

Star Dust

live let live.
Cool idea. Imagine a salamence with an ice coating... Probably a possible motive for future movies/ games for the bad guy? But doubt they'd fix the game to do that. In the anime, they'd make that illegal in places other than secret labs and stuff. People might not like the ideas of mutating pokemon. >_> But they could make some pokemon stronger, yet weaker at the same time.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
I agree that would probably be unethical. The show's protagonists frown upon any way of making a pokemon more powerful, because it hurts the pokemon. They believe the only way a pokemon should be powerful is by belief in itself.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Many would agree with you there, but heaven forbid a show teach children to be hardcore.

OH NOEZ! MY KID IS HARDCORE! CALL THE FCC! (Yes i'm pysco)

But joking aside lets get serious. We all know it wouldn't happen but say pikachu got engineered. What other parts would go on it?

Metal Force

o^_^o PWNZOME
Many would agree with you there, but heaven forbid a show teach children to be hardcore.
I didn't say I support it, >_>, I just wanted people to discuss it, like what would happen, and would the trainers accept it..etc.

OH NOEZ! MY KID IS HARDCORE! CALL THE FCC! (Yes i'm pysco)

But joking aside lets get serious. We all know it wouldn't happen but say pikachu got engineered. What other parts would go on it?
Well they could make it have better survivng genes, or electromagnetic levitating genes from Magnemite line, but would they do stuff like that for war? or trainers? but I doubt that they'll allow it.

Last edited:

Star Dust

live let live.
They'd make every pokemon like mewtwo. Perfect fighting machines, but capable of controlling. End of the world. For pikachu, imagine if they give him flying, swimming and exploding characteristics from specific pokemon. Picture a pikachu with gyarados outer face, swellow wings, and goes boom with electrode stuffs.

People would frown on it. Especially our favorite characters. But they'd do it for the benefits for both pokemon and humans. But trainers say pokemon are friends and would you forcibly change your pokemon and put other pokemon stuff in them.

And I just thought of something, is it any different from evolution? They gain new characteristics naturally, but with stones, you can possibly force pokemon to evolve by putting new genes or something. Just an afterthought.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Can't you imagine psyduck taking chatot's genes, then start lecturing Misty about ignoring it?

XD

Cuthrout

i'd abuse the genetic engineering and make mewtwo dark type and ghost like but keep his moves the same maybe get one with giratina's awesome move: shadow force it seem so invincible...

arcanine lover

Whee........ *thonk*
^
TOTAL UBER PWNAGE

Anyway, I'd pretty do what R.New would do.

Metal Force

o^_^o PWNZOME
They'd make every pokemon like mewtwo. Perfect fighting machines, but capable of controlling. End of the world. For pikachu, imagine if they give him flying, swimming and exploding characteristics from specific pokemon. Picture a pikachu with gyarados outer face, swellow wings, and goes boom with electrode stuffs.

People would frown on it. Especially our favorite characters. But they'd do it for the benefits for both pokemon and humans. But trainers say pokemon are friends and would you forcibly change your pokemon and put other pokemon stuff in them.

And I just thought of something, is it any different from evolution? They gain new characteristics naturally, but with stones, you can possibly force pokemon to evolve by putting new genes or something. Just an afterthought.
It could happen, but then again, I'm not sure their technology is up to that, or any of you guys/gals've said, they might just improve little things, or maybe they're hi-tech and could do things like you guys/gals said.

PS: lol (octoboy's post).

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
Pokemon would have to go through a horrible time. I read the Legends of Dune trilogy, and the thinking machines used genetics to extend the lifetimes of cymeks (robots with human brains). There was a few paragraphs where the process of these forced genes were placed into the body of one of the protagonists, Vorian Atreides. It was a gory part, so the Pokemon would have to go through hell to get enough genes to fuse types.

There is also the chance of failure. In the games, your team can't die, but failures could create something random and disfigured (such as the failed fusions in Dragonball Z). This could throw your party from the pinnacle of battling, to mediocre. You have to be careful when it comes to genes. I've always wanted to know more about Deoxys' creation, and want that to be the subject of 5th generation, and this would fit perfectly with the topic.

Cosmic

The Electric Lucario
Imagine Bibarel with Espeon eyes...shudder.