• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon GO Compatibility Thread

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
Pokémon GO Compatibility Thread

Lmao, this is probably a month late, but hey!

So, as y'all know, the official specs for Pokémon GO are as follows:

The Niantic Overlords said:
Supported devices

Android
  • Android 4.4 to Android 6.0.1
  • (Android N will not be supported until the official Android release)
  • Preferred resolution of 720x1280 pixels (Not optimized for tablet)
  • Strong internet connection (Wi-Fi, 3G, or 4G)
  • GPS and Location Services

iOS
  • iPhone 5+
  • iOS 8+
  • Strong internet connection (Wi-Fi, 3G, or 4G)
  • GPS and Location Services
  • Jailbroken devices are not supported

This is all well and good, but for some folks, this is kinda vague.

That's where this thread comes in. Swoop on in to talk about what devices you're playing the game on, what version of OS you're using, and how well the game handles. Are you playing the game on the latest Samsung Galaxy with a fully up-to-date Android OS, and the game's running smoothly? Let us know! Are you on an iPhone 5s that sorely needs updated, and you're encountering bugs left and right? Let us know too! Did you figure out how to play the game on a potato? ...Please tell us so we can give you a medal or something.

Point is, devices! What're you playing on and how are you doing, folks? If folks still need a list of supported devices, there will be one soon. Let us know!

jabber2033

I'm on a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime.

Android 5.0.2 and works just fine except for the Battery Saver. Battery Saver doesn't seem to work. I turn it upside down and it doesn't go black or anything. So kinda sucks about that but runs the game fine otherwise.

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
I play on an IPhone 5S. My software is all up to date and the app works fine. :)
My phone in general... stopped rotating the other day and it's been heating up quickly. I'm using it as I type now, actually. It's about 2 years old and I am getting an upgrade soon, so it just needs to last until then. :p

Meillquei

Keeper of Slurpuffs
I have a Samsung Galaxy S7. For the most part the app works fine.

However, it does this thing where if a ball hits a Pokemon, it freezes for about 5-10 seconds before it registers that I hit the Pokemon. It doesn't do this if the ball misses.

I don't know if it does that for everyone or if it's just me or if it's because of my phone.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I am playing on Droid Turbo from verizon which is a older andriod phone but go works pretty decent on it, I only have a few mishaps on the game which sometimes the game freezes from being in sleep mode which the pokeball never stops spinning so I have to restart it and sometimes get strange glitches which everyone reports but nothing out of the ordinary that isn't happening just for me and no one else.

Last edited: