• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon GO: Simple Q&A Thread (CLICK HERE IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT BANS)

Conquering Storm

Driver of the Aegis
I'm considering getting Pokémon Go, but my phone is an LG...something-or-other which tends to be slow, probably because most of the storage is full of music, and also I have a prepaid phone plan, so I'm not sure if Go will actually work. Is it worth getting the game with this disadvantaged phone, or should I wait until I get a better one?

BCVM22

You can do both, since the app stores everything server-side. If you find your current phone doesn't do the game justice, just remember your login and password until you get a newer, better phone.

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
Shameless self-quote, but I really want the answer to this.

Unfortunately, afaik, no one's quite sure about specific percentages, but it's totally not unheard of to get as far as you had and not find a single one. If anyone has any hard data on the subject, feel free to submit!

Where is the list for all the badges you can acquire?

Serebii's got you covered. It's pretty much one medal per type, a medal for catching Magikarp, one for catching Rattata, one for catching Pikachu, and breeding/battling/training/walking/collecting medals.

Hey, guys. I just want to know the reason only Generation I Pokémon are included in Pokémon Go, but not Generations II or later Pokémon or Mega Evolutions?

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
Hey, guys. I just want to know the reason only Generation I Pokémon are included in Pokémon Go, but not Generations II or later Pokémon or Mega Evolutions?

Because they're releasing generations in waves, rather than all at once. Given the difficulty in completing the dex as it is, this might be a wise decision (not only because it gives people enough chance to fill up the first gen's dex, but it also buys them enough time to work out the trading system that miiiiiight be necessary for everyone's sanity when it comes to the other generations).

In any case, they've been planning to release Gen II for some time, but they haven't really given a release date just yet. Players just know that it's going to eventually be a thing and that the other gens will come in similar steps.

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
How to download Pokemon Go for Android?
Secure download link?

Have you tried Google Play, the only place to get the game for Android without risking the wrath of the overlords?

(Side note: On a serious note, I'll have to give you the heads up that if you meant downloading an APK/the game from anywhere other than Google Play for Androids, that is, indeed, generally frowned upon by Niantic due to their whole "jailbreaking is not cool" rule. So, uh, yeah, you'll be safer just by downloading from Play.)

Peripuff

Now that Pichu, Igglybuff, Cleffa, Elekid, Magby and Smoochum are in the game (also Togepi and Togetic but that's irrelevant to this question), have Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Clefairy, Electabuzz, Magmar and Jynx been removed from eggs?

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Now that Pichu, Igglybuff, Cleffa, Elekid, Magby and Smoochum are in the game (also Togepi and Togetic but that's irrelevant to this question), have Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Clefairy, Electabuzz, Magmar and Jynx been removed from eggs?

I believe the answer is that they are still in eggs.

Rai1994

Pokémon Master!
I was wondering, because the wording on Serebii slightly confuses me.. It says that region exclusives are only catchable in said regions. Does this also go for eggs as well? Or can someone in the US like myself be lucky enough to hatch Farfetch'd from a 5km? It confuses me is because it say's "Only catchable in (insert region here)" on the available Pokémon list, but doesn't say "Only hatchable in (insert region here)" on the egg page.

Last edited:

BCVM22

I am nearly certain that pertains to eggs as well, i.e. a Poké Stop in North America isn't going to give you a Kangaskhan egg.

e9310103838

May I ask a question? Does Delibird released in Pokemon Go?

Serebii did not include Delibird in not currently available. But many players in Asia think that Delibird has not been released.

And many sites does not specify which Pokemon are not released in Pokemon Go.

So I asked to this. ;225;

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant

I think the confusion lies in the fact that no one's actually proven that Delibird is available in the game, and there have been rumors going around (on this side of the Pacific too, e9310103838) that Delibird isn't actually catchable yet. While, absolutely, there is data for Delibird in the game, there's been no confirmation so far that it doesn't exist in the same way Ditto and Gen II in general had before their official release (that is to say, in the game code but not unlocked). This is odd because it's definitely not a regional exclusive, "where is Delibird" was definitely one of the first questions GO communities on Reddit asked, and no one's come forward to say they've found it.

So I guess that would be the answer, e9310103838. Delibird is in the game, but there's no official word on whether or not it's catchable.

But, uh, for what it's worth, according to IGN and Silph Road (i.e., a decently reliable gaming news source and the most active GO research community on Reddit, if not the interwebs) say it's not available yet.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
well..... that's upsetting....
Hope they get trading going sooner rather than later now.

Two thing you should know. One is that even when region-exclusive Pokemon could be hatched from eggs, it was impossible to hatch one from another country, only your own. For example, if you live in America, you could hatch Tauros, but not Mr. Mime, Fafetch'd, or Kangaskhan. So even of you could still hatch the region-exclusives, you wouldn't be able to get ones from other countries. The second thing you should know is that recent statements from Niantic have them saying that trading would not be over the internet with anyone around the word like the GTS, but would instead be local. This means you won't be able to trade for the regionals unless you know someone who comes from/has visited any of the other regions.