• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon GO: Simple Q&A Thread (CLICK HERE IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT BANS)

Two thing you should know. One is that even when region-exclusive Pokemon could be hatched from eggs, it was impossible to hatch one from another country, only your own. For example, if you live in America, you could hatch Tauros, but not Mr. Mime, Fafetch'd, or Kangaskhan. So even of you could still hatch the region-exclusives, you wouldn't be able to get ones from other countries. The second thing you should know is that recent statements from Niantic have them saying that trading would not be over the internet with anyone around the word like the GTS, but would instead be local. This means you won't be able to trade for the regionals unless you know someone who comes from/has visited any of the other regions.

welp.... that is quite upsetting also..... Hopefully one day I will get my region lock at least.... le sigh

Rayza16

Sky Lancer
Why doesn't my character in Pokemon Go move when I move? When I walk out of my house sometimes his legs move but he doesn't. I'm not sure if I registered my location, how do I do that? Does anyone know what's going on? Are the servers down or something?

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
Why doesn't my character in Pokemon Go move when I move? When I walk out of my house sometimes his legs move but he doesn't. I'm not sure if I registered my location, how do I do that? Does anyone know what's going on? Are the servers down or something?

The game relies on your GPS, which isn't always 100% accurate because it relies on satellites to keep track of your movement. When you see your character move their legs but not their actual position, that means that your device's GPS thinks you haven't really moved all that far, so it's adjusting to what it thinks is your current location. You won't see real movement until you move further out because of this.

Ultimately, so long as your character moves the further you walk away from your house, the game should still be fine. It's when your avatar is stuck in one place no matter how far you've gone that you should worry.

Psychic

Really and truly
i was wondering if there were any promo codes out for pokemon go yet?
At the moment there aren't any promo codes for the game yet! We just know that this will be an option in the future, but we don't know any details as far as I'm aware!

~Psychic

Vipsoccermaster

What is this "Push Notification: Pokemon Return" option that comes with the new update?
If you have a Pokémon in a gym that's being returned to you after it has been kicked out of a gym, then the option is there to let you know that the Pokémon has returned to you, along with how many coins it "found" with you.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
If you have a Pokémon in a gym that's being returned to you after it has been kicked out of a gym, then the option is there to let you know that the Pokémon has returned to you, along with how many coins it "found" with you.

Sweet, thanks! Also, does anyone know if leaving this option on does more to drain the phone's battery life or not?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Sweet, thanks! Also, does anyone know if leaving this option on does more to drain the phone's battery life or not?

I'm no phone expert, but I can't see any reason why it would. Most people have plenty of apps that all give notifications, and there's never any talk of them draining battery, at least that I know.

BCVM22

Also, does anyone know if leaving this option on does more to drain the phone's battery life or not?

Push notifications do not in and of themselves put any particular extra stress on your battery, though depending on the app, the processes leading to the push notifications can sometimes do so.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I have a silver training medal in Pokemon Go, but with the new update it seems like I am unable to train. Is this medal now useless, unable to achieve gold medal status?

You aren't able to improve that medal any further. There are some new medals such as Berry Master for the new gym system.

Miss Alexis

Event Collector :)
You aren't able to improve that medal any further. There are some new medals such as Berry Master for the new gym system.

Oh I do not like hearing this, is there any word on if and when training will be back? Even with the improved gym system, they could have kept the training in store, instead of not being able to train period. I could see it coming back, not effecting motivation of the Pokemon currently standing in the gym, and still able to get exp and stardust out of it.

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Oh I do not like hearing this, is there any word on if and when training will be back? Even with the improved gym system, they could have kept the training in store, instead of not being able to trade period. I could see it coming back, not effecting motivation of the Pokemon currently standing in the gym, and still able to get exp and stardust out of it.

There is currently no word on training ever being a thing again, and it probably won't be. The purpose of the new system was to gt rid of training. Unless they get rid of the entire motivation system, there is no reason for training to come back anyways.

Personally, I say good riddance to training. It was an absurdly mis-balanced system, which required a ridiculous amount of work for little reward.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Oh I do not like hearing this, is there any word on if and when training will be back? Even with the improved gym system, they could have kept the training in store, instead of not being able to trade period. I could see it coming back, not effecting motivation of the Pokemon currently standing in the gym, and still able to get exp and stardust out of it.

The purpose of training was to raise the prestige of a gym, which no longer exists. A gym now can automatically hold 6 pokemon without needing to "level up". It's unlikely we will ever see training again. I wish they would have removed the training medal or changed it to something else.

Miss Alexis

Event Collector :)
My next question about this game is, Magikarp appears in some raids. Is there a possibility that a Shiny Magikarp can appear in these new raid systems?

There is currently no word on training ever being a thing again, and it probably won't be. The purpose of the new system was to gt rid of training. Unless they get rid of the entire motivation system, there is no reason for training to come back anyways.

Personally, I say good riddance to training. It was an absurdly mis-balanced system, which required a ridiculous amount of work for little reward.
The purpose of training was to raise the prestige of a gym, which no longer exists. A gym now can automatically hold 6 pokemon without needing to "level up". It's unlikely we will ever see training again. I wish they would have removed the training medal or changed it to something else.

Thank you for the quick responses! Yes I agree now I have to look at my silver medal and realize that I'll always see that silver medal to never change into gold. Makes me feel like a failure and not want to play anymore, but of course that will not stop me or other players from playing.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
My next question about this game is, Magikarp appears in some raids. Is there a possibility that a Shiny Magikarp can appear in these new raid systems?

I have no evidence, but I have read that they can be Shiny.

Thank you for the quick responses! Yes I agree now I have to look at my silver medal and realize that I'll always see that silver medal to never change into gold. Makes me feel like a failure and not want to play anymore, but of course that will not stop me or other players from playing.

I don't really worry about the medals that much myself, so maybe my opinion is a bit different than yours, but I sure wouldn't think of it as failure. It's not because of a lack of your ability that you have the silver, it's simply because the badge is no longer available.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Next question, I hear rumors of a shiny Pikachu appearing in the next event, has this been confirmed?

No, there is no confirmation. My understanding is that there is some sort of tech conference going on soon, and they advertised that Niantic will be there with a rare Pikachu. Some suspect it will be a new hat for Pikachu, perhaps one with an Ash hat to celebrate the release of the movie, while others think it may be shiny. Anyone saying that there is any definite information is either misinformed or taking speculation to be fact.

EDIT: This tweet just appeared half an hour ago. It's from the official Twitter account of the movie. So it seems to indicate we'll be getting Pikachu with Ash's hat. Honestly, I'd rather see that than Shiny Pikachu. Should be very fun.

Last edited: