1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon GO: Simple Q&A Thread (CLICK HERE IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT BANS)

Discussion in 'Pokemon GO Discussion' started by JX Valentine, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

Huh, I guess I've only ever used IV calculators for my highest IV Pokémon, meaning there's a lot less ambiguity. I don't check IV's often enough to be able to give you any further advice.

2. Auraninja

Auraninja I'm ready to Smash

Actually, powering it up seems to have helped some.

Now the Attack can be from 7-12 (rather than 5-14), so it's average at worse, and pretty good at best.

3. Mr.Munchlax

Mr.Munchlax Thunder Trainer

I just turned on Adventure Sync for Pokémon Go, but there’s two things I’m kind of confused in regards to how it works:
    1. I know you need to have Pokémon Go completely shut off for Adventure Sync to work, but if you have an iPhone do you at least need to have Apple Health open?
    2. Does Adventure Sync only take information from Apple Health on Mondays?

4. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria Shiny hunter

1. As a player of Pokémon GO on iPhone, I can recall correctly that Adventure Sync can collect data from Apple Health even if Apple Health is not open.

2. As I can recall, it doesn't take data from Apple Health exclusively on Mondays. It can take data any time but it can take up to a few hours for the data from Apple Health to translate as Pokémon GO distance.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  5. thisisjohn

thisisjohn Member

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I have a question about the current shiny Meltan event:
    Does anyone know if I need to catch every Meltan that appears from the mystery box in order for more to spawn? I have over 100 Meltan at this point and all I want is shinies. Can I just leave the regular Meltan and wait for more to spawn or do I need to catch each one?

6. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Time to get spooky! Staff Member Moderator

You can leave them. I've done it before. You just have to open another Meltan incense once your able to do it again.

7. Cradily17

Cradily17 Well-Known Member

I have a question about Adventure Sync on Android. I've been trying to get it to work for some time, but it won't and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I made sure to turn battery saving off on the phone (not on Pokemon Go). I gave storage permission to both Google Fit and Pokemon Go. Yet it still won't work. Do I need to log off of Pokemon Go and log back in again so that it can sync?

Update: I followed the advice of the user who replied to me and did a force stop then tracked activities on Google Fit. It worked! Thank you.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  8. WishIhadaManafi5

I force shut it off first and then I go into Google Fit and let it update the steps. Then I go back into Go and it usually updates. There's no need to log off Go to get it to work. And when the above doesn't work, meaning syncing, I start up a Google Fit work out and that seems to help with it sometimes.

Cradily17 likes this.
  9. Mr.Munchlax

Mr.Munchlax Thunder Trainer

I’ve been trying to set up Adventure Sync on Pokémon Go for several weeks & I STILL can’t get it to work. I’ve tried turning off the battery saver (on Go, I don’t think my device even has a battery saver), turning on all of the setting on my Health app, & setting up a workout, but none of these seemed to help.

I’m currently using an iPod Touch 6 & I occasionally use a VPN since I work at a high school & I use it to avoid the WiFi block. Does anyone have any idea or suggestions on what I can do to get my Adventure Sync to start working?

10. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

From what I've seen, there seems to be problem with Adventure Synch on Iphones right now, and I don't think there's anything that can be done except to wait for Niantic to fix the issue.

11. WishIhadaManafi5

Same here with Android phones. They're trying to work on fixes for both kinds of phones.

12. MayTrainer

MayTrainer Demon Buster Trainee

Quick question:
    some months ago there was the shiny Meltan event. Now we can open the Mystery Box every 3 days but we have to wait for another event or we can find shiny Meltan if we open the box (and have luck)?