1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon GO: Simple Q&A Thread (CLICK HERE IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT BANS)

Discussion in 'Pokemon GO Discussion' started by JX Valentine, Jul 9, 2016.

1. poe_keeper

poe_keeper Active Member

It looks like Darkrai has a higher CP (53623) than Mewtwo so not sure what my chances are this time. I see 3 gyms near me but it does not appear to be a shiny. Will it only shine when I enter the gym or can you tell from simply tapping on the gym from a distance?

2. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

If there's enough foot traffic in your area, it's really no big deal. On my large college campus, I can just show up at the start of any Legendary Raid, and people will almost certainly be there. Just did that today with a Darkrai.

Don't pay any attention to the CP for Raid bosses, it's meaningless. Darkrai should actually be easier than Armored Mewtwo, as Armored Mewtwo has a higher defense than Darkrai, and defense is the primary determining factor of how hard a Raid is. The thing is, Pokémon with high defense and low attack have lower CP than Pokémon with low defense and high attack, meaning that more often than not, the CP number is actually misleading when it comes to how difficult the boss is.

And regardless, I kind of said this before, but how strong you are personally really doesn't matter. As long as you're in a group of five or six people, you'll be able to beat just about anything.

You won't know if it's Shiny or not until you defeat it and enter the capture sequence. Before that, it will always show as normal.

poe_keeper likes this.
  3. Mr.Munchlax

Mr.Munchlax Thunder Trainer

Is the Ultra League unlockable this battle season? I'm currently at rank 7 with a rank of 1376, & I'm still only able to access the Great League.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020 at 5:10 PM
  4. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

The Go Battle League switches between the three types of leagues as the month goes on. They will eventually switch from Great League to Ultra League, I have no idea when.