• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon GO: Simple Q&A Thread (CLICK HERE IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT BANS)

Syther

Y not?
I never saw anything mentioning you need to be level 40. plus I think I'm still in my early 20's.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I think it's more annoying that they've given all everyone the same email stating It's available.

Personally, I think they've rolling it out they way they are is to keep the server load manageable. In the Past, some of other new things have been slowly rolled out to Level 40 then slowly to lower levels.
Yeah, but the question is how long will it take until Niantic starts rolling out the feature to lower levels? A couple days, a couple weeks, or next year?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Yeah, but the question is how long will it take until Niantic starts rolling out the feature to lower levels? A couple days, a couple weeks, or next year?
If you're Level 37 or higher.. now. (In other words about 26 hours later.) I personally think the roll out will be faster as the lower levels are added. I think there are quite a few power users who would use the Home Transfer system, who been Level 40 for a few years already.

EDIT; 2 hours after Lv37+, It's LV35+ players.. Hopfully when I get up in the morning I can get some from my Lv 33 game.

Last edited:

thekorean

Will we ever be able to transfer from Home to Go or is that just not in the plan?

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Hi! I’m wondering if there’s any way for me to transfer my mythicals in go to Sword and Shield. I have a shiny Celebi from the event and i REALLY want it in Sword, but all the faqs i looked up said that I had to encounter a Celebi in Sword before transferring it (and right now there’s no event for it there). Any suggestions?

Phillies

Hi! I’m wondering if there’s any way for me to transfer my mythicals in go to Sword and Shield. I have a shiny Celebi from the event and i REALLY want it in Sword, but all the faqs i looked up said that I had to encounter a Celebi in Sword before transferring it (and right now there’s no event for it there). Any suggestions?

Does Go work different from the older games? I currently have a shiny Celebi in my game from Pokemon Crystal that I just transferred in from Pokemon Bank with no problems.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
On the Victini goal, does anyone know how to get a snapshot of Victini? Do you need a QR code picture from Pinterest? Can I use my Black/White Pokedex book I still keep around? Find someone who has Victini already in their game? This is so vague.

thekorean

If you catch for example, a Trubbish as first Pokemon of the day, do you get extra stardust?

jakepkmn

Me and my partner are both trying to get a galarian slowpoke for the event.

I went online and it says to either do one of the tasks for the events, use a lure module, or get it in a raid.

There's no option for tasks under the event, it just shows what the reward is for finding and evolving all the the slowpokes. We used multiple lure modules already. Don't see any in raids. Idk what else to do

RedJirachi

Veteran member
How far nowadays can you be from someone to trade?

Nyter

Island Challenger
How far nowadays can you be from someone to trade?
Well last I checked, still within sight of that trainer.

Is anyone else having trouble finding the Johto Starters and the Sinnoh Starters for the 5th Anniversary Collection? I found all the other region Starters and that special event Pikachu, as well as Chimchar, but I am missing all 3 Johto Starters and the other 2 Sinnoh Starters. Anyone had luck with that yet? And how did you find em?

RedJirachi

Veteran member

Is anyone else having trouble finding the Johto Starters and the Sinnoh Starters for the 5th Anniversary Collection? I found all the other region Starters and that special event Pikachu, as well as Chimchar, but I am missing all 3 Johto Starters and the other 2 Sinnoh Starters. Anyone had luck with that yet? And how did you find em?
I am missing Cyndaquil and Piplup. I have heard that you have a better shot with Water types near a body of water, so try finding that. And if it's sunny use a lure and hope you get missing Fire/Grass starters

njarizona

The Johto and Sinnoh Starters are only available by Lure or Research in this event.

There is a good graphic on LeekDuck breaking it down: https://leekduck.com/events/pokemon-go-anniversary-2021/

Serebii also has the list of which Field Research spawns which starter trio: https://serebii.net/pokemongo/events/fifthanniversaryevent.shtml

You are looking for "Use 5 Berries to help catch Pokémon" for the Johto Starters and the "Make 5 Great Throws" for the Sinnoh Starters. Just trash any other Field Research you get until you find those ones.

Good Luck!

Nyter

Island Challenger
The Johto and Sinnoh Starters are only available by Lure or Research in this event.

There is a good graphic on LeekDuck breaking it down: https://leekduck.com/events/pokemon-go-anniversary-2021/

Serebii also has the list of which Field Research spawns which starter trio: https://serebii.net/pokemongo/events/fifthanniversaryevent.shtml

You are looking for "Use 5 Berries to help catch Pokémon" for the Johto Starters and the "Make 5 Great Throws" for the Sinnoh Starters. Just trash any other Field Research you get until you find those ones.

Good Luck!
Omg thank you so much! In following your helpful advice, I got all 3 Sinnoh Starters and found Chikorita. I just need Totodile and Cyndaquil to complete my collection.

njarizona

Omg thank you so much! In following your helpful advice, I got all 3 Sinnoh Starters and found Chikorita. I just need Totodile and Cyndaquil to complete my collection.
You are very welcome! Good luck catching Totodile and Cyndaquil before the end of the event. :)

Nyter

Island Challenger
You are very welcome! Good luck catching Totodile and Cyndaquil before the end of the event. :)
I frickin accomplished it this morning. I used the lure modules while I was strolling and both Cyndaquil and Tododile popped up back-to-back. I was ecstatic! Thanks again njarizona and RedJirachi

Monox D. I-Fly

Can I change the language in my Pokemon Go account to Japanese? I tried to look at it in the Settings menu, but couldn't find any way to do it.