1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon GO: Simple Q&A Thread (CLICK HERE IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT BANS)

Discussion in 'Pokemon GO Discussion' started by JX Valentine, Jul 9, 2016.

1. sprite

sprite Well-Known Member

Hey, I was wondering if someone can answer a question. So I got like multiple Pidgeottos with different CPs, what would happen if I transfer them? I only get one "Pidgey" candy per Pidgeotto, but no stardust or anything? Like, if a [evolved form of a] Pokemon CP is high, do I get more stardust or anything else at all or just one candy as it doesn't matter even if it is an evolved form of a Pokemon and has the high CP?

Another question, please? So for example, I have two Pidgeys but both are at different CP levels. One is ten and the other is like 40 CP. If I evolve them both, will both Pokemon will have the CP at the same number after evolving them or the one with the 40 CP will have more CP than the Pokemon with 10 CP?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2016
  2. Lt. BLEU™

Lt. BLEU™ Top Class Lieutenant

Yes, the pidgey with higher CP will end up with higher CP after evolution. I am currently working on a spreadsheet to find a range of CP available in the games.

3. sprite

sprite Well-Known Member

Thanks, just making sure!

4. Batitam

Batitam New Member

Hi everyone! I have a XL Eevee. What will happen after evolved? Will it be still XL or is it possible to be XS Pokemon?

5. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

You can have more then one account. One with a google account and then one with the trainer profile account you can make by going on to the main pokemon website.

6. Class Zero

Class Zero We have arrived.

With the millions of people playing, and no real pictures having emerged of anyone having one, I'm gonna go with no right now :D

QUESTION: When evolving do you get one candy back? Cos evolving my Pidgey is only taking 11 candy instead of 12..

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  7. Bariokie

Bariokie rock dog

What's the minimum amount of CP a pokemon should have if I should train it? I caught a 160 CP Eevee, should I wait for a better eevee or train/evolve it?

I've had many XL rattatta's evolve into XS raticate's. Maybe you have to train them more before you evolve them idk.

Also, if the CP is ??? it means it's CP is higher than your strongest pokemon

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2016
  8. Victorian Rush

Victorian Rush Ja Na Baka

I have a question. I recently caught an Eevee and I was wondering if the game automatically chooses what Eeveelution it will evolve into or if it has anything to do with which team you've choosen. I really want a Vaporeon.

9. jolteonjak

jolteonjak *swoons for Noland*

Yes. You get one candy back when you evolve a Pokémon.

10. Lexya428

Lexya428 Pokèmon Master

The GO's way of evolving Eevee is completely random and there has yet to be a confirmed correlation to any way they evolve. Just evolve a few Eevee and hopefully Vaporeon will be soon.

11. lvirden

lvirden Member

:blush:
    As I play, a 'ghost' pokeball appears in the upper left corner of the screen sometimes. It varies from flickering, to seeming to spin, to sitting still a few moments. Anyone know what it is?

Ps have you seen the game tips on the developer site?

12. Lt. BLEU™

Lt. BLEU™ Top Class Lieutenant

Yes, well, that "GHOST POKEBALL" is a loading symbol. The game refreshes itself every now and then. Nothing to worry about. :)

13. Auraninja

Auraninja I'm ready to Smash

I'm finding conflicting info on this, but will Pokemon Go run on an Iphone 4S?

All I have at the moment is an Iphone 4, but I might be able to get the 4S.

14. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

The official specs say iPhone 5 and up. I would go with that; even if you might be technically able to get it to run on a 4S, it most likely would not run terribly well.

15. FairyWitch

FairyWitch Metroid Hunter

alright got a question not sure if this is the right place to ask but everytime I go to a gym next to my house it freezes at the go and I can't battle >.> I try to open the app but it will not load at all but when I get back to my house it loads back up again? is it just me or is other people experiencing these problems with other gyms around them?

16. jimmybald

jimmybald New Member

I tried Pokemon GO on my previous IOS 9+ Iphone 4S, I was able to install and run it, I could look at the map, but as soon as I clicked on a pokemon, poke stop or gym (or anything else that requires some loading) the whole app would freeze and crash.

Iphone 4S with IOS 9+ and Wi-Fi was unplayable for me.

17. clbgolden12

clbgolden12 Alolan trainer

I keep getting the "Unable to authenticate" thing, even though I updated the app so that should be fixed. In fact, it got even worse after I updated. What gives?

18. Lexya428

Lexya428 Pokèmon Master

This may have something to do with the update... but when you catch a Pokémon it would show me the exact location and which road in which I had caught it. Now it's just showing my the general location, like which county and towns nearby. Is this normal? I kind of liked knowing the road I caught them on.

19. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria Shiny hunter

I don't think this one was to do with the update. Before the update, I'd experienced similar issues, possibly due to a poorer Internet connection, which can result in GPS inaccuracies. But the other things are did you experience similar issues before you installed the update and did you use high-accuracy mode for the GPS?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  20. LittleMidna

LittleMidna Member

I've just had a look at mine and it's doing the same thing. And I feel the exact same as you.. I'm currently on the app with internet so I guess that's the best connection I'll get so I can't say it's the GPS really..