• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon GO: Simple Q&A Thread (CLICK HERE IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT BANS)

BattleFanatic14

I've only battled in a gym once, so forgive me if the answer is obvious, but how does one use the second, more powerful Pokémon move?

Is there any point in keeping one of each from an evolutionary line? For example, I have caught a Pidgey and a Pidgeotto, is it better to keep both or keep the better one (which oddly enough is the Pidgey).

BCVM22

There's no benefit to doing so, but if you're not near your storage limit and you don't mind the clutter, there's no harm to it either. Otherwise, a Pokémon you don't intend to keep is best served being transferred for the candy.

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
I was wondering if any one has any fire type pokemon, not through evolving them and where typically would you find them geographicly speaking. Also has any one found a vulpix?

I found a Charmander, I don't live anywhere special. Just in a small town.

I've only battled in a gym once, so forgive me if the answer is obvious, but how does one use the second, more powerful Pokémon move?

Once the blue bar is full near your HP, hold the screen down, and it should shrink, let go and your Pokémon will use the move. You can do this each time it fills up.

Is there any point in keeping one of each from an evolutionary line? For example, I have caught a Pidgey and a Pidgeotto, is it better to keep both or keep the better one (which oddly enough is the Pidgey).

I don't. I just keep the better one of each evolutionary line. This way you can get 1 candy for each Pokémon transferred too.

Okay maybe this is a little silly but is potions the only way to heal your mons? I'm really low on potions and wondered if powering up/walking around healed your mons up? Maybe I should just raid all the pokestops nearby but I usually just get poke balls.

BCVM22

Potions are the only way. There are no Pokémon Centers or free healing options in this game.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
I know the game has only been out for a week, but do we have any data, yet, on whether size matters? XS v. regular v. XL

I have a ton of Eevee, Weedle, and Pidgey in sizes XS and XL; and I want to know if I should bother saving them.

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant
I know the game has only been out for a week, but do we have any data, yet, on whether size matters? XS v. regular v. XL

I have a ton of Eevee, Weedle, and Pidgey in sizes XS and XL; and I want to know if I should bother saving them.

Yes, I think the size of the Pokemon is directly related to the CP of a Pokemon. Not entirely sure, but that is what it seems like.

It would be fantastic if you would help us compile a list of CP against the Trainer level, here

demonslayr62

Hi!
I've been playing Pokemon Go for about a week now so I'm curious if I can obtain a incubator at a pokestop. I've already gotten one of the 3 uses one but I don't really remember if it was from leveling up or from a pokestop which is why I ask.

BCVM22

You can get additional incubators from leveling up or by purchasing one. I don't believe you can get them from Pokéstops.

Outburstz

Can I walk around the same path and still get pokemon or will they not spawn around the same area even if I'm walking back and forth?

BCVM22

The game largely cares not for how long you've been in a certain area. Pokémon will spawn and disappear regardless.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
How do I check my Pokemon eggs? I picked one up but I can't see it anywhere and I can't do anything with the incubator you get (it just says the item can't be used here).

Do you find more rare Pokemon as your level increases or is it just CP that increases? I haven't really noticed much difference so far, I've only found a couple of the rarest things I've caught and don't really seem to be able to find much new.

LLR

Vivillon Trader
Why do some of my Pokémon have a blue background?