1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon GO: Simple Q&A Thread (CLICK HERE IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT BANS)

Discussion in 'Pokemon GO Discussion' started by JX Valentine, Jul 9, 2016.

1. TheEliteEmpoleon

TheEliteEmpoleon Surge Surfer

I'm pretty sure they are negligible.

2. Outburstz

Outburstz Well-Known Member

At what CP level should you start powering up your pokemon or your level in general?

I'm currently lv 8 and I've been saving Stardust

3. Playful Latios

Playful Latios @Soul Dew

Level 8 is when you first start encountering better CP Pokemon. I would wait until around level 15 though because that's when the first major XP shift occurs.

4. porygonfan

porygonfan Well-Known Member

How do I evolve/level up Pokemon I rarely see or never see in the wild?

For example, I caught a wild squirtle. But I've yet to find any more. I can't level up its cp or evolve it since I don't encounter any more. Should I just send it to the professor? Same goes for Pokemon you hatch through eggs but never encounter. This part of the game is very annoying!

5. JX Valentine

JX Valentine Ever-Discordant

Starter Pokémon are available in the wild but very rare. You could try your luck at finding them, or you could transfer them. It really all depends on whether or not you want to take a chance with waiting.

As for eggs, also keep in mind that some Pokémon aren't available everywhere in the wild, even though they're perfectly hatchable from eggs you pick up from stops. In those cases, it might be worth it to keep reminding yourself that a trading feature will eventually be implemented in the game, but this decision is also up to you.

6. PrismaticPrincessAnna

PrismaticPrincessAnna I'll do my Lilliest

Can you get in trouble if you travel overseas tp catch mons there

I will be going on a golidays next year

Someone already told me about thia and they said yes. And now i wonder if people who travel alot will get banned like wtf

7. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

8. JX Valentine

JX Valentine Ever-Discordant

Pretty much what BCVM22 said, but more importantly, going to new places (such as anywhere overseas) to explore and catch Pokémon is literally what the game encourages you to do. So you're safe.

9. echo13

echo13 Well-Known Member

Hello! I just started playing this past weekend. One thing I'm curious about, I live in the suburbs with one pokestop and one gym within walking distance. My first day playing I went for an hour-long walk and caught 14 and saw 15. Since then, I've been on a few walks for about the same amount of time and only run into two or three. Does the game give you a big handicap at the start and then drop off encounter frequency? Or is it just because there's not that many people playing where I am?

10. PrismaticPrincessAnna

PrismaticPrincessAnna I'll do my Lilliest

Okay thanks guys. ^_^

11. Artnerd

Artnerd Insane Artist

I don't want to use my google account because it's too important for these kind of things. But the Trainer club won't let me log in. I either get the message I used the wrong password/username or Authentication error.
    Is the server just bouncy and do I keep trying at random times on the day, or is it flat out dead and should I wait for an update on it?

12. The server is kind of bouncy and last time I was on it. It was on maintenance. You should maybe try after an hour and you might get in.

13. lemoncatpower

lemoncatpower Cynical optimist

Is there a pokemon every time the grass rustles? I am finding that pokemon do not always appear even after I turn my game off and on. Is this just to show that there wont always be a pokemon where you think one is? or are pokemon there but too high of cp levels for me to catch so i dont see them pop up??

14. There's not always Pokemon when the grass rustles. Rustling grass means its more likely to have Pokemon than other places. It doesn't matter what the CP is it'll still appear.

15. LLR

LLR Vivillon Trader

How do you get the "Youngster" medal?

I know the main site says catch 3 Ratatta.
    I have 5 and it isn't even showing up as a potential medal.

16. It depends on the size/weight of the Rattata. You need to catch Rattatas with certain weight. I don't remember atm but I think you have to catch XS size Rattatas.

17. sanae

sanae stop trying to be god ☆

afaik it's all completely random/luck- sometimes you'll find a bunch, other times not so much. i don't typically have too much encounter rate fluctuation, but some days i'll find/catch twenty things, and the next day only ten rattatas pop up.
    wish i had stops/gyms within walking distance :[

18. Artnerd

Artnerd Insane Artist

Seems like I had to first accept the terms and services on the trainer club website before I could log in. It didn't say that anywhere. =/

I've been reading on how to hatch eggs. It says the app wont run in the background, so I have to keep the screen from turning off?

19. LLR

LLR Vivillon Trader

Is there a way to attract rare Pokémon?

20. It doesn't run in the background and yeah that means you have to keep it from turning off.

Use lures or incenses.