• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon GO: Simple Q&A Thread (CLICK HERE IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT BANS)

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Hi there, can I start a new thread for people who need friends in pokemon go and wanna share there friend code/add other people etc...

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Hi there, can I start a new thread for people who need friends in pokemon go and wanna share there friend code/add other people etc...

I don't think you need permission to start a thread here, and I don't think that thread is against the rules, so you should be fine.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Simple question: Is there any benefit of powering up your Pokémon before evolving it? If yes, should I power it up before or after?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Simple question: Is there any benefit of powering up your Pokémon before evolving it? If yes, should I power it up before or after?

There is no benefit to doing it before or after. The Pokémon will have the exact same power in the end either way. Go, like the main series, has levels for Pokémon, and when you power up a Pokémon, you're increasing those levels. Whether you power up a Pokémon before or after you evolve it, it will have the same level.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
As Level 23, is it hard to obtain a Fast TM from Raids, especially for the solo-able ones like Level 1 and 2? I heard Charge TM's are only given if you are above 25.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
As Level 23, is it hard to obtain a Fast TM from Raids, especially for the solo-able ones like Level 1 and 2? I heard Charge TM's are only given if you are above 25.
It should be hard to obtain these items in Level 1 and 2 raids. Your likelihood of getting them depends on the raid level and Level 5 raids have the highest likelihood of giving them out although at this level Level 5 is basically impossible.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

As far as I know, trainer level has no impact whatsoever on TMs. It should be no harder to obtain TMs at level 23 than it is at level 25, or even 40, charge or otherwise. However, TMs do have a low drop rate on Tier 1 and 2 Raids. If you want TMs, you're going to have to focus on Tier 4 and 5 raids. You can also get them as rewards for certain research tasks, but those are extremely rare. I've only ever gotten one myself.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Is there a way to do microtransactions without needing a credit card?

Can I get a prepaid iphone card not dissimilar to a eshop card?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Is there a way to do microtransactions without needing a credit card?

Can I get a prepaid iphone card not dissimilar to a eshop card?
Yes, iTunes gift cards do exist and function similarly to eShop cards. Funds from these can allow you to purchase anything from the App Store, including microtransactions, especially for coins in Pokémon GO. The only microtransactions in GO are coins and they can be used to purchase items from the Shop.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
So on the off chance I have the patience to get Meltan and Melmetal, I decided to give Pokemon Go a shot.

Thing is, I can't even really get started.

The game installed on my phone, a Galaxy J3 Emerge, Android version 6.0.1 just fine. When I open it I get sent to the "please enter your date of birth" and I do so. No problem. It asks if I'm a new or returning player. I select "new." Then I get the "create player" screen with options for facebook, google and pokemon trainer club. This is where the problem occurs.

No matter what I choose the game crashes and I end up on the Google Play screen. No error message at all, it just closes down. I briefly see a message about an update, but its not up long enough to read it, let alone click on anything and given I just installed the game it should be up to date and I see no update option or notification.

Any ideas on what I can do? Thanks in advance.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
So on the off chance I have the patience to get Meltan and Melmetal, I decided to give Pokemon Go a shot.

Thing is, I can't even really get started.

The game installed on my phone, a Galaxy J3 Emerge, Android version 6.0.1 just fine. When I open it I get sent to the "please enter your date of birth" and I do so. No problem. It asks if I'm a new or returning player. I select "new." Then I get the "create player" screen with options for facebook, google and pokemon trainer club. This is where the problem occurs.

No matter what I choose the game crashes and I end up on the Google Play screen. No error message at all, it just closes down. I briefly see a message about an update, but its not up long enough to read it, let alone click on anything and given I just installed the game it should be up to date and I see no update option or notification.

Any ideas on what I can do? Thanks in advance.

I don't know what the glitch you're experiencing specifically is. To state the obvious, you might want to try uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and maybe even rebooting phone. If those options don't work, the only suggestion I could really give you is to try creating an account on someone else's phone, and then log in to that account on your phone. If it's just the create an account option that isn't working, this would bypass that. Of course, it's possible that the game just doesn't work on your phone for some reason, in which case you would be out of luck. That's all I got.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
How are people checking the exact IVs of their Pokemon?

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?

You can use a website for manual IV checks or you can use PokeGenie which uses a screenshot of your Pokemon (and minor inputs on your part) to determine IVs.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

You have a couple options. You can google "Pokémon Go IV calculator, which will give you plenty of websites that do the same thing. You enter in the information they ask for, such as appraisal message, current CP, and the amount of stardust it takes to power a Pokémon up, and it will use this information to give you an exact number (or a list of possible exact numbers). There are also apps that do the same thing.

However, I know that among "competitive" Go players, there's an app which will read a screenshot of a Pokémon and tell you its IVs. Don't know what it's called, but I'm sure you can find it through Google.

Just be warned, any apps or websites that require you to give them your login information are accessing Niantic's servers illicitly, and using these services can get your account banned.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
So I used a simple calculator to estimate my Haunter's IVs, and while it's HP is 15, I don't know whether the Attack is high, low, or in the middle. Is there any way to remedy that?
I don't feel like using Poke Genie right now.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
So I used a simple calculator to estimate my Haunter's IVs, and while it's HP is 15, I don't know whether the Attack is high, low, or in the middle. Is there any way to remedy that?
I don't feel like using Poke Genie right now.

I almost never use IV calculators, but the few times I've had, I'v always had it give me at least solid estimate of all three IVs. Did it not do that for you? Maybe try a different website?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Here are the results, including which website I used.

HP is the only stat you can visually discern, and since HP is the highest stat, it doesn't know whether the Attack is high or the Defense.

Unless there is something else...