• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon GO: Simple Q&A Thread (CLICK HERE IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT BANS)

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Here are the results, including which website I used.

HP is the only stat you can visually discern, and since HP is the highest stat, it doesn't know whether the Attack is high or the Defense.

Unless there is something else...

Huh, I guess I've only ever used IV calculators for my highest IV Pokémon, meaning there's a lot less ambiguity. I don't check IV's often enough to be able to give you any further advice.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Actually, powering it up seems to have helped some.

Now the Attack can be from 7-12 (rather than 5-14), so it's average at worse, and pretty good at best.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I just turned on Adventure Sync for Pokémon Go, but there’s two things I’m kind of confused in regards to how it works:
  1. I know you need to have Pokémon Go completely shut off for Adventure Sync to work, but if you have an iPhone do you at least need to have Apple Health open?
  2. Does Adventure Sync only take information from Apple Health on Mondays?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I just turned on Adventure Sync for Pokémon Go, but there’s two things I’m kind of confused in regards to how it works:
  1. I know you need to have Pokémon Go completely shut off for Adventure Sync to work, but if you have an iPhone do you at least need to have Apple Health open?
  2. Does Adventure Sync only take information from Apple Health on Mondays?
1. As a player of Pokémon GO on iPhone, I can recall correctly that Adventure Sync can collect data from Apple Health even if Apple Health is not open.

2. As I can recall, it doesn't take data from Apple Health exclusively on Mondays. It can take data any time but it can take up to a few hours for the data from Apple Health to translate as Pokémon GO distance.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I have a question about the current shiny Meltan event:
Does anyone know if I need to catch every Meltan that appears from the mystery box in order for more to spawn? I have over 100 Meltan at this point and all I want is shinies. Can I just leave the regular Meltan and wait for more to spawn or do I need to catch each one?

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
You can leave them. I've done it before. You just have to open another Meltan incense once your able to do it again.

Cradily17

I have a question about Adventure Sync on Android. I've been trying to get it to work for some time, but it won't and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I made sure to turn battery saving off on the phone (not on Pokemon Go). I gave storage permission to both Google Fit and Pokemon Go. Yet it still won't work. Do I need to log off of Pokemon Go and log back in again so that it can sync?

Update: I followed the advice of the user who replied to me and did a force stop then tracked activities on Google Fit. It worked! Thank you.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I have a question about Adventure Sync on Android. I've been trying to get it to work for some time, but it won't and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I made sure to turn battery saving off on the phone (not on Pokemon Go). I gave storage permission to both Google Fit and Pokemon Go. Yet it still won't work. Do I need to log off of Pokemon Go and log back in again so that it can sync?
I force shut it off first and then I go into Google Fit and let it update the steps. Then I go back into Go and it usually updates. There's no need to log off Go to get it to work. And when the above doesn't work, meaning syncing, I start up a Google Fit work out and that seems to help with it sometimes.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I’ve been trying to set up Adventure Sync on Pokémon Go for several weeks & I STILL can’t get it to work. I’ve tried turning off the battery saver (on Go, I don’t think my device even has a battery saver), turning on all of the setting on my Health app, & setting up a workout, but none of these seemed to help.

I’m currently using an iPod Touch 6 & I occasionally use a VPN since I work at a high school & I use it to avoid the WiFi block. Does anyone have any idea or suggestions on what I can do to get my Adventure Sync to start working?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I’ve been trying to set up Adventure Sync on Pokémon Go for several weeks & I STILL can’t get it to work. I’ve tried turning off the battery saver (on Go, I don’t think my device even has a battery saver), turning on all of the setting on my Health app, & setting up a workout, but none of these seemed to help.

I’m currently using an iPod Touch 6 & I occasionally use a VPN since I work at a high school & I use it to avoid the WiFi block. Does anyone have any idea or suggestions on what I can do to get my Adventure Sync to start working?

From what I've seen, there seems to be problem with Adventure Synch on Iphones right now, and I don't think there's anything that can be done except to wait for Niantic to fix the issue.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
From what I've seen, there seems to be problem with Adventure Synch on Iphones right now, and I don't think there's anything that can be done except to wait for Niantic to fix the issue.
Same here with Android phones. They're trying to work on fixes for both kinds of phones.

MayTrainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Quick question:
some months ago there was the shiny Meltan event. Now we can open the Mystery Box every 3 days but we have to wait for another event or we can find shiny Meltan if we open the box (and have luck)?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Does anyone know how to turn off Expert Handler? For some reason my capture screen goes pitch black whenever I have the AR on so I’m not sure if this new feature has anything to do with it

poe_keeper

I've haven't been playing Go for that long and I had questions about Gym Raids as I want to get the shiny Darkari this week. I was able to get the amour Mewtwo last week but I think that was luck and I had no idea what I was doing.

Does the timer above the gym have to reach zero for the battle to begin or can you start it as soon as you are in range of the gym?

Is it possible for me to get in the way of other (better) players or can I just join any gym battle?

Do I or should I try to find the other players and coordinate with them?

When I did the Mewtwo gym raid all the pokemon I selected for the battle fainted but I was able to start over and did eventually get him. Can we basically keep trying until we are out of pokemon?

Thanks for any help.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Does the timer above the gym have to reach zero for the battle to begin or can you start it as soon as you are in range of the gym?

There are two types of timers. One that appears above an egg, which the amount of time you have until you're allowed to enter the Raid, and the other which is above a Pokémon, which shows how long you have to defeat the raid before it disappears. So you have to wait for the first timer to hit zero and for the egg to hatch, but once it does, you're free to battle once you're in range until the second timer runs out.

Is it possible for me to get in the way of other (better) players or can I just join any gym battle?

Given the context, I assume you mean Raid battle, not gym battle. Anyways, a Raid can have up to 20 players participating at a time. And so long as you're not in a group with more than 20 people, you're presence will only help the group, not hold them back in any way. You may not help that much, but you won't make matters worse.

Depends on what your area is like. I play in two different types of areas. At home, I live in a rural community where it's impossible to do high level Raids without first planning ahead with other players via a Face Book group. But at college, there's so many people playing that if I show up at the beginning of a Raid, odds are there will be people there, therefore I have no need for coordination with other players.

Since you mentioned you want to Darkrai, it's worth noting that since Darkrai is special limited-time event, if your community does have a group that consistently plays, they will be participating. I suggest you go to most well-trafficked gym in your area, such as at a park or shopping center, at the beginning of the event, and see who shows up. You can talk to them about how people in your community typically play.

When I did the Mewtwo gym raid all the pokemon I selected for the battle fainted but I was able to start over and did eventually get him. Can we basically keep trying until we are out of pokemon?

You can keep on doing this until the battle's timer runs out, which is about two minutes. Once that timer runs out, if you didn't beat the Raid, you're welcome to heal up and try again without needing to spend another Raid Pass, but you'll have to start the battle over again with the Raid Boss fully healed.

Monox D. I-Fly

I've haven't been playing Go for that long and I had questions about Gym Raids as I want to get the shiny Darkari this week. I was able to get the amour Mewtwo last week but I think that was luck and I had no idea what I was doing.

Thanks for any help.
Wait, are you implying that you won a T5 Raid alone?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Wait, are you implying that you won a T5 Raid alone?

That's physically impossible, even for player with max-leveled, 4x times effective, weather-boosted Pokémon. So probably not.

For the record, the easiest to beat Legendary is Rayquaza, if you're using a team of max-powered Mamoswine, but even that requires at least two extremely powerful trainers.

poe_keeper

Thanks as always Bguy7.

No, not alone on the raid. I remember seeing someone with a Lugia so definitely not alone. We ran out of time on the first attempt and then I or we tried again and we got Mewtwo. So does this mean we all just tried again or was there a new set of players I was with?

My highest level pokemon at the time had a CP of 1937 (Tauros). Now it's Mewtwo so I don't have a lot of powerful guys. I am at level 23 but I work in center city Philadelphia so there's a good chance of having other players around for raids.

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
No, not alone on the raid. I remember seeing someone with a Lugia so definitely not alone. We ran out of time on the first attempt and then I or we tried again and we got Mewtwo. So does this mean we all just tried again or was there a new set of players I was with?

Likely the other people tried again and other new people joined as well, or you probably would have just failed again. You are also likely with at least four or five, if not more people, as that's how many it takes on average to defeat a Pokémon like Armored Mewtwo. You can tell how many people are raiding with you either by looking at the number on the bottom left of the lobby, or below the timer in the battle.

And of course, you're welcome.

Monox D. I-Fly

Thanks as always Bguy7.

My highest level pokemon at the time had a CP of 1937 (Tauros). Now it's Mewtwo so I don't have a lot of powerful guys. I am at level 23 but I work in center city Philadelphia so there's a good chance of having other players around for raids.

You won a T5 Raid without coordinating with other players first? I admit that's impressive. In my place we always have some coordination about which one we will Raid together and meet together in one place.