• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon GO: Simple Q&A Thread (CLICK HERE IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT BANS)

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Why no Axew specific egg hatches during the Dragon event? : (

We can only guess at the answer. Most likely is that Niantic still wants to keep Axew as nearly unobtainable for the foreseeable future so that they can market it later on down the line in an attempt to get us to spend more money. More specifically, people (for some unfathomable reason) were already willing to spend money on incubators to hatch a Deino, so if they're going to spend money anyways, no reason to bring in Axew as well, when it can get its own event later on down the line that people will spend even more money on.

Rune Knight

We can only guess at the answer. Most likely is that Niantic still wants to keep Axew as nearly unobtainable for the foreseeable future so that they can market it later on down the line in an attempt to get us to spend more money. More specifically, people (for some unfathomable reason) were already willing to spend money on incubators to hatch a Deino, so if they're going to spend money anyways, no reason to bring in Axew as well, when it can get its own event later on down the line that people will spend even more money on.

But I no have $ : (

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
What's in 7km egg now? Can I still get Galarian Darumaka?

Once the Unova Week event ended, eggs should have gone back to what they were before all the Ultra Unlock weeks, which would mean Alolan and Galarian forms.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
As part of the Celebi mythical event, I need to find Sunkern and/or Oddish. What's your advice?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
As part of the Celebi mythical event, I need to find Sunkern and/or Oddish. What's your advice?

There is no specific advice to give. You've just got to get lucky and find one them. They are more common in some place than in others. If they don't spawn commonly in your area, then you may just have to wait until either the rare time that they do spawn, or until you travel to an area where they happen to spawn more commonly.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Is there some sort of special trick to get excellent throws besides hitting the circle? I've thrown so many curve balls & the most I'm able to get is a great throw -_-

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Is there some sort of special trick to get excellent throws besides hitting the circle? I've thrown so many curve balls & the most I'm able to get is a great throw -_-

There really is no trick other than practice. Even after four years of playing, I still struggle to get excellent throws on command.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
What circumstances make it easier to find Magikarp and Slugma/Gulpin?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
What circumstances make it easier to find Magikarp and Slugma/Gulpin?

The answer is exactly the same as the one I gave you about Sunkern and Oddish. There's no trick to getting them, you just have to get lucky. Magikarp spawn most often in areas near water, while Slugma and Gulpin tend to spawn in more desert-like and/or urban areas.

thekorean

Kinda dumb question, regarding Mega Evo Pokemon CP. I deliberately kept my Charizard CP below 2500 for Ultra. If I max it out does Mega Evo CP also increase or is whatever CP its already at the max?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Kinda dumb question, regarding Mega Evo Pokemon CP. I deliberately kept my Charizard CP below 2500 for Ultra. If I max it out does Mega Evo CP also increase or is whatever CP its already at the max?

When you Mega Evolve a Pokémon it's not that the Pokémon gains CP, it's that the Pokémon gets increased stats, and since stats are used to calculate CP, the CP goes up when the stats go up. So even if your Pokémon is at max CP for its species, it will increase upon Mega Evolution, as its stats still go up.

To put it simpler, it's like when you Mega Evolve a level 100 Pokémon in the main series games. They may have had max stats, but they still go up during Mega Evolution.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
OK, I'm going to be going up against Giovanni soon. I need to know the following:
  • Besides Mewtwo, what are the other two Pokemon in his team so I can prepare accordingly?
  • If I fail to get Mewtwo, can I go after it again with a rematch with Giovanni? Do I lose the Super Rocket Radar afterwards and if so how do I get it back?

Syther

Y not?
How do I get the ability to transfer pokemon from Go to Home? This isn't a falsly advertised feature, is it?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
What kind of bullsh*t is that???

If only Level 40 players can do it, then it's not live. It's just a beta. They need to stop trippin'.
I think it's more annoying that they've given all everyone the same email stating It's available.

Personally, I think they've rolling it out they way they are is to keep the server load manageable. In the Past, some of other new things have been slowly rolled out to Level 40 then slowly to lower levels.