• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Go

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Pokémon Go

I figured a thread would be needed to discuss the newly announced Pokémon Go mobile app. See it's trailer here.

Personally, I think it has some potential. If it's not too swamped down with in-app purchases and doesn't require players to live in heavy urban centers to easily find Pokémon it could be a decently entertaining game. I'll definitely download it to at least give it a try.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Game seems fun, but I think I will wait for more info on it, before getting it. Besides, I'm not sure if my phone is a Smartphone to begin with.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
According to what Savvao said on the Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread so far, according to the trailer, the Pokémon that are to appear in it are Gen 1. Not too sure if later gen Pokémon are to appear, but it's possible.

Last edited:

Elchar

Meh...... if this would be announced anytime else, I'd say it's pretty neat. But now, when we're all waiting for the info about the new game (or at least the info about the sadow and the blob), I'd say it's a letdown. Oh well, the trailer was pretty nice.

BCVM22

Game seems fun, but I think I will wait for more info on it, before getting it. Besides, I'm not sure if my phone is a Smartphone to begin with.

Does your phone run one of Android or iOS? If so then it's as smart as it needs to be for this game.

cindercat

Meh not hyped for this as I prefer relaxing at home to play games, not wandering the streets. As long as they still continue to develop standard pokemon games though I guess its fine for a spinoff.

Winter Breeze

formely joseph.
Meh not hyped for this as I prefer relaxing at home to play games, not wandering the streets. As long as they still continue to develop standard pokemon games though I guess its fine for a spinoff.
Agreed. Also, i'm 99% sure the game will be infested with microtransactions.

monkeyman192

simply bored
I hope it gets released on windows phone. I'm sick of nothing ever being on them :/ And they will have no excuse once all the windows phones are running windows 10 too as android and iOS apps can be practically directly ported to windows then...

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~

Along as what BCMV22 pointed out, smartphones nowdays usually have touch screens.

BCVM22

I hope it gets released on windows phone. I'm sick of nothing ever being on them :/ And they will have no excuse once all the windows phones are running windows 10 too as android and iOS apps can be practically directly ported to windows then...

The problem is that Windows Phone's market share was at 2.5% the last time such estimates were taken. In the eyes of the developers it's not really worth the significant extra effort to add a Windows Phone build when Android and iOS collectively cover the vast, vast majority of the market.

Last edited:

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
This seems neat to me. I'm cautious about it - I'm not a fan of microtransactions myself so I'll need to see how that's actually implemented first. But the idea seems fun. Intriguing that it's by the folks behind Ingress which from what I heard is a fun and soundly made game, and that they were part of Google before - recall that Google april fools prank a few years back (Pokemon Challenge) and it seems that was a preview and test for this thing!

Still a while off until release anyways, so I will keep an eye on the coming info. Intrigued also that Iwata had some input here before he passed away, given his close connection to the Pokemon games.

Tuvixer

So we are going to stand on a street and look at the small smartphone screen to see Pokemon, catch them and have battles. I really don't like that.
However, this is a GREAT firs step with AR, because it is going to be the future of Pokemon games.

Paralititan

I´ll give it a try, but I´m a bit worried it´ll look really silly if I play in in public. Pretending to throw the pokeball etc.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
This game looks really decent and has great potential. This is not replacing the Main Series in any way. But it works great as a spin-off.
It probably will be freemium, which is great as it worked with Rumble World and Shuffle. Both achieving success in that department.
Pokemon game as a smartphone app is a long time coming, and should work.

And don't mix it up with the Google Maps Pokemon Challenge. That was a hoax and shouldn't really judge this based on that April Fool's joke.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
It's definitely a interesting attempt, although I'm not quite sold on it.

If you can stomach looking like a complete moron in public, I'm sure there's gonna be tons of fun to be had!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Like many others, I'm wondering if the Pokémon caught in-game are transferrable to the main series games, like Dream Radar. This still hasn't been confirmed yet but it is confirmed that Pokémon Go can be linked to the main series games, as what I've said before.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
The only way it can be linked to the main series is by trading, as it stands.
So it should be interesting how that will play out.
Do you start off with a starter, or transfer one from the games. Who knows.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
The only thing i don't want is that this locks the people who can't get it (me for example) to get something in the main games (Legendary access key items, previously unreleased or future HA pokemon). If whatever is there that you can transfer (i assume this is one of the connectivity features) you can get in the main games i don't mind. For example one thing that could be good for competitive players would be legendary tier IVs on the pokemon you get on GO. 3-4 guaranteed max IVs on the pokemon caught would be a huge incentive and it would make the IV breeding even easier, which would not bar whose have the main games to achieve the same goal. That would be a very cool bonus.