1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon gone from Fall KidsWB LineUp on "The CW"

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Serebii, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Pokémon gone from Fall KidsWB LineUp on "The CW"

Excepts From MediaWeek

Source: http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/news/networktv/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002384275

Guess Eric Stuart was right...

2. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

Shock. This...barely makes sense. Pokemon was still the highest rated show on KidsWb's Saturday mornings.

Erm, since Pokemon USA is going ahead with Season 9, I guess they have confirmation that the show will be moving to another channel? They wouldn't be dubbing the show if it wasn't going to still air on TV.

3. Well Yu-gi-oh (the non-GX series) is about to finish in both UK and US so I guess it doesn't matter too much that is going since if you think about it the Oirginal does seem more popular than GX. But if GX isn't showing in America I have my doubts about it showing the UK :/

So our there any other channels that show Pokemon in the US or any channel that might pick up these dropped shows? Wow if there aren't that means the dub will lose a major part of its audience if it just shows in UK (if Toonami or Sky get round to getting new ones), rest of Europe (I think it only shows in the UK in Europe though :/) and Australia (they are watching AG right?).

Interesting though.

4. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

Pokemon could either move to 4kidsTV or Cartoon Network. Basically its only options.

5. Serebii

I doubt it'll move to 4kidsTV to be honest with you

6. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

After 4kids dumped the anime, I agree too.

So, would Pokemon USA be dubbing the show for direct to DVD releases? I mean, if Season 9 is already being dubbed, they gotta know it'll air on a channel somewhere right?

7. Serebii

My bet is Cartoon Network to be honest with you, and not straight to DVD as that isn't a profitable business for a series to be...they have to air on tv to make money

8. Falling ratings?! You MUST be kidding!;_; I'm calling a move to Cartoon Network as well--they've shown Kanto to Johto reruns before...no reason to not have it on the Miguzi block, or even Toonami.:)

9. The Big Al

The Big Al I just keeping Octo

I'm guessing Cartoon Network either on Meguzi or perhaps the 7:00 or 7:30 slot of Toonami.

10. Jikkle

Jikkle Volcano Trainer

Well CN already shows Yugioh GX so I'll go with CN probably picking up Pokemon also. I'm surpised that KidsWB is actually dropping Pokemon since it pretty much anchored their Saturday morning lineup and still has a steady fanbase. Well I'll be curious to see how they do this fall since WB producded shows never seem to have long lifespans since the quality is just so lousy.

11. Porygandrew

Porygandrew Well-Known Member

There goes my reason for watching the WB.

I wonder if it wasn't forced upon them to get rid of the show versus them deciding to axe it themselves. It just doesn't make sense to get rid of the cash cow that is Pokemon.

12. Geki

Geki Guest

I really hope that CN won't air a new episode every night, because that would suck, since I have to go with my Dad on Mondays and Tuesdays and he won't let me watch it. Why isn't the new station airing Pokemon?!?!?!?!?!? I really hope there is an alternative station rather then CN. It would be cool if CN aired a new episode once a week, like on Fridays, that would be the absolute best day.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2006
  13. halloweenghost

halloweenghost Well-Known Member

CN always cuts off the first part don't they? I heard they did,..

Man this is gonna be bigger then the whole new voices thing. I can see it now..... mass panic... :(

14. -Totodile-

-Totodile- GOTCHA!

I hope that the Cartoon Network doesn't pick up the new Pokemon. I don't get that channel. I can't see ABC Kids picking it up but maybe the FoxBox? It does have lots of anime.

15. Geki

Geki Guest

Yup. They just went straight to the theme song with old episodes. Why do they have to completely **** up the entire dub?? WHY?

16. The Big Al

The Big Al I just keeping Octo

They got better about it after a while.

17. halloweenghost

halloweenghost Well-Known Member

I don't want them too either :( this is rediculas, gonna be alot of angry fans out there. I know people who don't even have cable..

and I shutter to think of what is abc family or toondisney picks it up..

18. ShadowKitsune

ShadowKitsune Care to Battle?

Maybe it's part of the Anti-Anime movement started by Christians...who knows? And we all know that ratings for both Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh haven't been failing.

19. Geki

Geki Guest

Well, I guess that I'm going to have to look up the epi pics and sypnosis for every episode that I haven't seen yet since I no longer will be able to watch the dub. Of coarse, I can also just download the ones coming out after that in Japanese. If the dub is going to be on CN, and airing on a weekday, then I most likely won't watch the anime, maybe I'll tape it from my Moms and watch the episode when I get back from my Dad's, because doesn't CN air new episodes on Monday?

EDIT: They air new episodes on Friday, right? I don't think that includes anime like Pokemon, but MAYBE I have a chance!!!

20. PDL

PDL disenchanted

well, I guess this ends my patronage of the anime :(