1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon gone from Fall KidsWB LineUp on "The CW"

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Serebii, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Sadib

Sadib Time Lord Victorious

This is great! Now the pokemon anime will finally die in america. It was a stupid show.

2. Heracross

Heracross Custom User Title

Scooby Dooby Doo, what the **** have they done to you?

3. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

Please stop acting stupid, thx.

4. Sadib

Sadib Time Lord Victorious

The show was aimed at 8 year olds. That's when I started watching it, and now that I rewatched it after a while, it seems childish. You have to realize that tv shows don't last forever. They eventually die out. Even thought Pokemon was on Kids WB for all these years, they just stop it right there. It's sad.

5. zonic the hedgehog

zonic the hedgehog HUR HUR USER TITLE

Why do they have to use that sort of art style? :\

It looks so out of place with Scooby Doo. Not that I ever really like the series much (plenty of better classic cartoons that are way better), but what the hell is running through their minds when they think of this stuff?

Hey, I bet I know:

Director: Okay, so the kids love anime these days, right? ...
    I know! Let's make it so anime, kids will go crazy over it!
    Who gives a care about the story or jokes! Everyone knows anime is an instant winner!

God, I'm still in shock they'd rather have this stuff plus Loonatics and Coconut Fred.

I want whatever these people are smoking.

Who gives a care, really. Does it matter who it's aimed at, as long as you like it?
    The show will die out eventually, but the memories are still there.

Jeez, you sound like one of those people who think all cartoons are supposed to be for kids. I hate stereotypical BS like that.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2006
  6. halloweenghost

halloweenghost Well-Known Member

Don't be dumb. No where does it say it is dead.

7. Dogasu

Dogasu Frustrated Elf

I'm actually excited to see it, if only to see the great animation (click on the bottom most link) that most shows lack nowadays.

8. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

Tom and Jerry does look to be one of the only good new cartoons next season on KidsWb. (Aside from Legion of Superheroes, which has JLU and Teen Titans staff working on it, so it should be great)

9. Chris

Chris Old Coot

Quite the misinformed, aren't we? First off, Pokemon as a whole is 100% aimed at kids. Not just the show, but the video games and current comics. All of it's aimed at kids.

Second, the show isn't an American show. So obviously it's not "dead." And because the dub IS in production, this would mean that they have not halted anything. It's simply not going to be on KidsWB once Fall comes along.

$10 says Tom and Jerry turns out to be a great show that gets canceled early in its life and replaced by some other cartoon trying to cash in on an older cartoon's legacy. Perhaps an "extreme" revamped "Whacky Racers?" D:

10. YoshiAngemon

YoshiAngemon Storm Trainer

Well, if we're lucky, we might end up watching the 4Kids Programming that's meant for girls - Magical DoReMi, Winx Club, Bratz, and Mew Mew Power. And then there's the three-way joint venture between RareWare, Microsoft and 4Kids, Viva Piñata, based on the game for XBox 360. Even THOSE shows would seem better than anything that would replace Pokémon. If you don't like ANY of those shows, then don't watch them, and stick to Retro Cartoons on DVD, like The TransFormers, or G.I. Joe! And now you know, and knowing is half the battle. G.I. JOE!!!

11. The Big Al

The Big Al I just keeping Octo

Already been done in the 90's but not very extreme. In fact, it felt like the old Whacky Races.

12. Dogasu

Dogasu Frustrated Elf

Speaking of Wacky Races...apparently Nyasu is based on the dog character Muttley from that show.

13. The Big Al

The Big Al I just keeping Octo

Team Rocket seems to be based off the Vulture Squadron. Perhaps their concept designers were H&B fans.

Back on topic. Scooby-Doo looks like it will the worst of the three and it's the one moving into Pokemon's time slot too.

14. PDL

PDL disenchanted

wonder when they'll reveal where pokemon would air... it better be soon, because PUSA has alot of explaining to do...

can't be, otherwise he'd have a trademark snicker...

I say he's somewhat based on Tom :)

15. Mirai Mirai

Mirai Mirai rabid kitten

Same here. If the new one failed, why will the new new one suceed when the show formula is probably going to remain the same? Especially the picture---it doesn't even look like Scooby Doo or Shaggy!

It looks like they downsized their ages, gave them dots for eyes, and so forth.

Unless they are going for the "younger Shaggy and co." thing. But didn't they already do one like that?

Great. Maybe that is YOUR opinion, but YOUR opinion does not equal to truth. Many people actually enjoyed watching the show.

16. Dogasu

Dogasu Frustrated Elf

Not according to this.

17. Gravy

Gravy Contaminated KFC

Muttley may have had his sarcastic moments (ie. Dastardly ordering him to 'do something', to which he replies with a tap-dance), but I'm really struggling to see any other similarities between the two characters. Both personallity and appearence wise :/

18. Neko Godot

Neko Godot Hey! Listen!

Sad thing is, I actually watch Doremi and Winx. Gives me something to do between Digimon and Pokemon.

19. Jesse GS the II

Jesse GS the II I was frozen today!

So why do you even hang out in the Anime forum? Just to stir up trouble?

20. Doned

Doned Well-Known Member

*Sob* What is Pokemon Coming to?