• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon gone from Fall KidsWB LineUp on "The CW"

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon gone from Fall KidsWB LineUp on "The CW"

Excepts From MediaWeek

MediaWeek said:
The new Kids WB! five-hour, Saturday morning block airing on CW this fall will include three new series from Warner Bros. Animation and a new group of programs that comply with the government’s children’s education initiative.

Gone will be longtime Kids WB! staples Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh!, both which have been falling steadily in the ratings.

The focus of the block will be boys 6-11, but McGowen said many of the shows have elements that appeal to girls, too. The decision to drop Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh! was based on soft ratings and a desire to bring in more Warner Bros. Animation shows that lets the network and the kids block more easily extend the brand with in-house digital rights. “We are still developing with outside producers, but we are working more closely with Warner Bros. Animation,” McGowen said.

Source: http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/news/networktv/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002384275

Guess Eric Stuart was right...

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Shock. This...barely makes sense. Pokemon was still the highest rated show on KidsWb's Saturday mornings.

Erm, since Pokemon USA is going ahead with Season 9, I guess they have confirmation that the show will be moving to another channel? They wouldn't be dubbing the show if it wasn't going to still air on TV.

Well Yu-gi-oh (the non-GX series) is about to finish in both UK and US so I guess it doesn't matter too much that is going since if you think about it the Oirginal does seem more popular than GX. But if GX isn't showing in America I have my doubts about it showing the UK :/

So our there any other channels that show Pokemon in the US or any channel that might pick up these dropped shows? Wow if there aren't that means the dub will lose a major part of its audience if it just shows in UK (if Toonami or Sky get round to getting new ones), rest of Europe (I think it only shows in the UK in Europe though :/) and Australia (they are watching AG right?).

Interesting though.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
After 4kids dumped the anime, I agree too.

So, would Pokemon USA be dubbing the show for direct to DVD releases? I mean, if Season 9 is already being dubbed, they gotta know it'll air on a channel somewhere right?

Falling ratings?! You MUST be kidding!;_; I'm calling a move to Cartoon Network as well--they've shown Kanto to Johto reruns before...no reason to not have it on the Miguzi block, or even Toonami.:)

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
I'm guessing Cartoon Network either on Meguzi or perhaps the 7:00 or 7:30 slot of Toonami.

Jikkle

Volcano Trainer
Well CN already shows Yugioh GX so I'll go with CN probably picking up Pokemon also. I'm surpised that KidsWB is actually dropping Pokemon since it pretty much anchored their Saturday morning lineup and still has a steady fanbase. Well I'll be curious to see how they do this fall since WB producded shows never seem to have long lifespans since the quality is just so lousy.

G

Geki

I really hope that CN won't air a new episode every night, because that would suck, since I have to go with my Dad on Mondays and Tuesdays and he won't let me watch it. Why isn't the new station airing Pokemon?!?!?!?!?!? I really hope there is an alternative station rather then CN. It would be cool if CN aired a new episode once a week, like on Fridays, that would be the absolute best day.

Last edited by a moderator:

halloweenghost

CN always cuts off the first part don't they? I heard they did,..

Man this is gonna be bigger then the whole new voices thing. I can see it now..... mass panic... :(

-Totodile-

GOTCHA!
I hope that the Cartoon Network doesn't pick up the new Pokemon. I don't get that channel. I can't see ABC Kids picking it up but maybe the FoxBox? It does have lots of anime.

G

Geki

halloweenghost said:
CN always cuts off the first part don't they? I heard they did,..

Man this is gonna be bigger then the whole new voices thing. I can see it now..... mass panic... :(

Yup. They just went straight to the theme song with old episodes. Why do they have to completely **** up the entire dub?? WHY?

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
They got better about it after a while.

halloweenghost

-Totodile- said:
I hope that the Cartoon Network doesn't pick up the new Pokemon. I don't get that channel. I can't see ABC Kids picking it up but maybe the FoxBox? It does have lots of anime.

I don't want them too either :( this is rediculas, gonna be alot of angry fans out there. I know people who don't even have cable..

and I shutter to think of what is abc family or toondisney picks it up..

ShadowKitsune

Care to Battle?
Maybe it's part of the Anti-Anime movement started by Christians...who knows? And we all know that ratings for both Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh haven't been failing.

G

Geki

Well, I guess that I'm going to have to look up the epi pics and sypnosis for every episode that I haven't seen yet since I no longer will be able to watch the dub. Of coarse, I can also just download the ones coming out after that in Japanese. If the dub is going to be on CN, and airing on a weekday, then I most likely won't watch the anime, maybe I'll tape it from my Moms and watch the episode when I get back from my Dad's, because doesn't CN air new episodes on Monday?

EDIT: They air new episodes on Friday, right? I don't think that includes anime like Pokemon, but MAYBE I have a chance!!!

PDL

disenchanted
well, I guess this ends my patronage of the anime :(