• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon gone from Fall KidsWB LineUp on "The CW"

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
may lover said:
Well, Pokebeach is saying PUSA knew about this all along, but they are waiting for their source to tell which company is picking it up.
You're sure this isn't just another lie? >_>

Edit: Whoops, just skipped two pages of posts before posting. ^^; Forget Pokebeach.

Last edited:

gregjammer

Feather Trainer
Redsoxpsyco said:
:eek:...I can;t believe it'll be over soon...I haven't even seen an episode since Johto, since I don't have the patience to read the episode guides.

The logic choice would've been Cartoon Network...but seeing as the Kids WB is on Cartoon Network X_X. I have heard rumors of it maybe being on ABC.

Hmm... That reminds me...

Since Cartoon Network's part of Time Warner, and Warner Bros. is also part of Time Warner, and worse, Kids WB! also part of Time Warner, and if Time Warner is merging w/ CBS, and KidsWB! w/ UPN, and if the CBS portion is airing educational carcoons from DiC... yeah...

You're right, rumor-goers... Well, partly right...

Pokemon will have a tough time finding a new TV home in the USA, but it won't have as much a difficult time in the European world(where the "brand chemistry" is different than the US's "brand chemistry"... Remember that some games in Japan can't even make it Stateside because of "corporate conflicts") , or the US DVD world in that matter, and if this is true, then Pokemon will be "semi-cancelled" in the US almost 4-5 months after the "Secret of the Mirage Pokemon" special, but in Europe, and on DVD in the USA, Pokemon will still air, even after September, but given the attitudes in the Middle East against it(remember that Saudi Arabia is the most recent on the Pokemon "no-go" list), yeah, it will find a difficult time in finding a good spot in which re-runs on DVD will not be the only things that airs, as the spot that it finds will also air all-new episodes...

Here's the sources I found explaining all my findings:

Source 1.
http://www.wsjclassroomedition.com/archive/06mar/related_cwnetwork.htm

Finding 1:
wsjclassroomedition.com said:
...That CBS would form a partnership with Time Warner isn't a complete surprise: CBS Chief Executive Leslie Moonves is a former top executive at the studio who still has close relationships there. Mr. Moonves was first approached about a merger by Warner Bros. Television Group President Bruce Rosenblum last November...

Source 2.
http://www.c21media.net/resources/detail.asp?area=79&article=29697

Finding 2:
c21media.net said:
DIC takes horses, cooking, dance to CBS Party

DIC Entertainment has unveiled the programming line-up for its new 2006/07 children's block on CBS, launching this fall under the banner of CBS's Saturday Morning Secret Slumber Party.

The three-hour, educationally-compliant branded programming block, which targets six- to 12-year-old kids and premieres on September 16, will include three new series.

Horseland is an animated series based on the DIC-owned website for horse lovers; Kooky Kitchen is an animated comedy action series that provides "the ultimate cooking adventure" for kids; and Littlest Pet Shop revolves around tiny pets who help their adolescent owner explore big issues through their experiences in the fantasy world of Petopia. Rounding out the block are DIC staples Sabrina: The Animated Series, Trollz and Madeline.

DIC is also in pre-production on two new live-action reality-based series: Cake, a show within a show about a 13-year-old Martha Stewart-type who hosts a cable access show with her two best friends; and Dance, Dance, Dance! (working title), which teaches participants a variety of dance styles. Both will be added to the CBS block at a later date.

Kaaren Lee Brown, senior VP of creative affairs at DIC, is charged with programming the CBS block.

CBS’s Saturday Morning Secret Slumber Party will also feature unique animated and live-action interstitials threaded throughout the morning block to promote healthy eating and balanced, active lifestyles for kids. The messages will be created with Baylor College of Medicine’s Children’s Nutrition Research Center (CNRC).

DIC Chairman Andy Heyward said the new block "offers a tremendous opportunity to apply our experience in producing and distributing quality kids’ series to programming a rich schedule that we believe offers an unprecedented viewing experience."

CBS Paramount Network Television Entertainment Group president Nancy Tellem said that handing over her Saturday mornings to DIC was "a mutually beneficial partnership that will create a branded destination for entertaining and informational children's programming."

To ensure that the programming meets FCC regulations, each of the series is being created under the specific educational supervision of educational academics from UCLA, Stanford University, as well as the DIC Educational Advisory Board.

Why are they ignoring the top-rated shows that mostly have little or no educational value in them in favor of low-rated shows that mostly have high educational value, and educational value is mostly that you could find enough of at school anyways, so what's the point of such shows being on 24/7? Sure, clog the kids' brains too early when they're not anatomically ready, I don't care what they think are appropriate for TV, but what I care about is getting what I need at the appropriate times: Learning at school, downtime at afternoon to nighttime... Still, an overwhelming majority trying to meddle with Pokemon by axing it from their schedules? That narrows down the possibilities of networks that Pokemon could air on to only three possibilities: ABC/Disney Channel/any other TV network owned by Disney, meaning Disney contains the only major TV outlet remaining(when all is said and done in September) that can air Pokemon(although nothing is official until agreements are signed), I'm guessing that Pokemon will possibly air via ABC Family to avoid SEC antitrust suspicions...

Last edited:

Captain Brain

gregjammer said:
Hmm... That reminds me...

Since Cartoon Network's part of Time Warner, and Warner Bros. is also part of Time Warner, and worse, Kids WB! also part of Time Warner, and if Time Warner is merging w/ CBS, and KidsWB! w/ UPN... yeah...

You're right, rumor-goers... Well, partly right...

Pokemon will have a tough time finding a new TV home in the USA, but it won't have as much a difficult time in the European world(where the "brand chemistry" is different than the US's "brand chemistry"... Remember that some games in Japan can't even make it Stateside because of "corporate conflicts") , or the US DVD world in that matter, and if this is true, then Pokemon will be "semi-cancelled" in the US after the "Secret of the Mirage Pokemon" special, but in Europe, and on DVD in the USA, Pokemon will still air, but given the attitudes in the Middle East, yeah, it will find a difficult time in finding a good spot in which re-runs on DVD will not be the only things that airs, as the spot that it finds will also air all-new episodes...

Here's the source I found explaining this info.:

http://www.wsjclassroomedition.com/archive/06mar/related_cwnetwork.htm

Just remember this, Pokemon has survived seizures in it's homeland. Parents who scream "evil" and ten years in a cruel world. This kind of thing has become common and I am sure Pokemon will not heed. ;025;

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Not that it has anything direct to do with this thread, but here's the first shots of the shows that'll replace KidsWB's anime. Info/pics courtesy of Toonzone, of course.

ivan2149

you know whats good for people that cant catch these episodes dvd

Last edited by a moderator:

Mirai Mirai

rabid kitten
Kamex said:
Not that it has anything direct to do with this thread, but here's the first shots of the shows that'll replace KidsWB's anime. Info/pics courtesy of Toonzone, of course.

Something about the Scooby Doo/Shaggy picture that bugs me.

Captain Brain

Silverchan said:

If we're lucky maybe it will bug all the fans of the WB so much that they'll stop watching the channel and "CW" begs for Pokemon's return by offering a contract for an hour slot for the next five years, as well as a good bonus and/or/either raise in percent profit. ;025;

Mirai Mirai

rabid kitten
Captain Brain said:
If we're lucky maybe it will bug all the fans of the WB so much that they'll stop watching the channel and "CW" begs for Pokemon's return by offering a contract for an hour slot for the next five years, as well as a good bonus and/or/either raise in percent profit. ;025;

That's if CW lasts. (I still don't know what it stands for. x_X)

I don't see why they are trying to bring back old cartoons and make new ones. The old ones were good enough. Of course, it's probably for the money they want to have in their pockets.

YoshiAngemon

Storm Trainer
Let's all just lay back and watch what happens. I mean, it can't be THAT bad, even if it WEREN'T for that meddling boy and his dog! After all, for all we know, Pokemon could end up on a Network where we need Premium Cable to watch, and I don't have that, BELIEVE IT! If that happens, I'll have no choice but to buy the DVDs when they come out, either that or rely on Youtube for the shows.

Captain Brain

YoshiAngemon said:
Let's all just lay back and watch what happens. I mean, it can't be THAT bad, even if it WEREN'T for that meddling boy and his dog! After all, for all we know, Pokemon could end up on a Network where we need Premium Cable to watch, and I don't have that, BELIEVE IT! If that happens, I'll have no choice but to buy the DVDs when they come out, either that or rely on Youtube for the shows.

If it becomes a Premium Cable ONLY thing maybe Serebii will let us download the episodes from this site!? ;025;

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
The design for the new Scooby-Doo look awful. That's what they want to replace poor Pokemon with?

Chris

Old Coot
ivan2149 said:
you know whats good for people that cant catch these episodes dvd
I edited the last line in your post because you were suggesting an illegal manner of viewing episodes. I replaced it with a legal one.

And for the sake of everyone here, please learn some basic English and grammar. Punctuation too, while you're at it.

Run on sentences are a no-no.

kingboo30

Dynamo Trainer
Silverchan said:

Everything about the scooby doo picture doesn't look right. EVERY THING. I'm willing to bet that the kid's WB won't be around for much longer. Can't comment on Tom and Jerry but there won't be anymore explosives and is good about that show without it's explosives?

asia_catdog_blue

Fog Trainer
I netural on this, but I still want to see Pokemon on TV. It has yet to die!

Always with the petitions. Why not start a protesting, angry mob?

halloweenghost

Pokemon also ran on cartoonnetwork like either 4 or 5 am.. they showed all of the first season to i think the first of johto

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
kingboo30 said:
Everything about the scooby doo picture doesn't look right. EVERY THING. I'm willing to bet that the kid's WB won't be around for much longer. Can't comment on Tom and Jerry but there won't be anymore explosives and is good about that show without it's explosives?

From what I hear, the new show is going to be just as violent as the older cartoons, with anvils and explosions and all that.

Captain Brain

Dogasu said:
From what I hear, the new show is going to be just as violent as the older cartoons, with anvils and explosions and all that.

However I seriously doubt that Tom and Jerry will be much of a consolation prize. ;025;

Chris

Old Coot
asia_catdog_blue said:
I netural on this, but I still want to see Pokemon on TV. It has yet to die!

Always with the petitions. Why not start a protesting, angry mob?
That's right. Give Jack Thompson more reason to think kids and gamers are idiots.

Seriously, listen to what you're saying. Start a violent protest over a cartoon not being aired in the US. Think about that for abit before making another suggestion like that.

Pokemon-Trainer-Z

Beginning Trainer
i don't understand pokemon had to have the highest rating on kidswb.
man where are they thinking? so basically it just going to another channel?

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
As someone who grew up watching all kinds of Scooby Doo shows (go go 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo), that offends me greatly. Its just...bad.