• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon gone from Fall KidsWB LineUp on "The CW"

Sadib

Time Lord Victorious
This is great! Now the pokemon anime will finally die in america. It was a stupid show.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Kamex said:
Not that it has anything direct to do with this thread, but here's the first shots of the shows that'll replace KidsWB's anime. Info/pics courtesy of Toonzone, of course.
Scooby Dooby Doo, what the **** have they done to you?

Sadib

Time Lord Victorious
The show was aimed at 8 year olds. That's when I started watching it, and now that I rewatched it after a while, it seems childish. You have to realize that tv shows don't last forever. They eventually die out. Even thought Pokemon was on Kids WB for all these years, they just stop it right there. It's sad.

zonic the hedgehog

HUR HUR USER TITLE
Not that it has anything direct to do with this thread, but here's the first shots of the shows that'll replace KidsWB's anime. Info/pics courtesy of Toonzone, of course.

Why do they have to use that sort of art style? :\

It looks so out of place with Scooby Doo. Not that I ever really like the series much (plenty of better classic cartoons that are way better), but what the hell is running through their minds when they think of this stuff?

Hey, I bet I know:

Director: Okay, so the kids love anime these days, right? ...
I know! Let's make it so anime, kids will go crazy over it!
Who gives a care about the story or jokes! Everyone knows anime is an instant winner!

God, I'm still in shock they'd rather have this stuff plus Loonatics and Coconut Fred.

I want whatever these people are smoking.

The show was aimed at 8 year olds. That's when I started watching it, and now that I rewatched it after a while, it seems childish. You have to realize that tv shows don't last forever. They eventually die out. Even thought Pokemon was on Kids WB for all these years, they just stop it right there. It's sad.

Who gives a care, really. Does it matter who it's aimed at, as long as you like it?
The show will die out eventually, but the memories are still there.

Jeez, you sound like one of those people who think all cartoons are supposed to be for kids. I hate stereotypical BS like that.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Tom and Jerry does look to be one of the only good new cartoons next season on KidsWb. (Aside from Legion of Superheroes, which has JLU and Teen Titans staff working on it, so it should be great)

Chris

Old Coot
marioguy said:
Quite the misinformed, aren't we? First off, Pokemon as a whole is 100% aimed at kids. Not just the show, but the video games and current comics. All of it's aimed at kids.

Second, the show isn't an American show. So obviously it's not "dead." And because the dub IS in production, this would mean that they have not halted anything. It's simply not going to be on KidsWB once Fall comes along.

$10 says Tom and Jerry turns out to be a great show that gets canceled early in its life and replaced by some other cartoon trying to cash in on an older cartoon's legacy. Perhaps an "extreme" revamped "Whacky Racers?" D:

YoshiAngemon

Storm Trainer
Well, if we're lucky, we might end up watching the 4Kids Programming that's meant for girls - Magical DoReMi, Winx Club, Bratz, and Mew Mew Power. And then there's the three-way joint venture between RareWare, Microsoft and 4Kids, Viva Piñata, based on the game for XBox 360. Even THOSE shows would seem better than anything that would replace Pokémon. If you don't like ANY of those shows, then don't watch them, and stick to Retro Cartoons on DVD, like The TransFormers, or G.I. Joe! And now you know, and knowing is half the battle. G.I. JOE!!!

Last edited:

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Edward Elric said:
Perhaps an "extreme" revamped "Whacky Racers?" D:
Already been done in the 90's but not very extreme. In fact, it felt like the old Whacky Races.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Team Rocket seems to be based off the Vulture Squadron. Perhaps their concept designers were H&B fans.

Back on topic. Scooby-Doo looks like it will the worst of the three and it's the one moving into Pokemon's time slot too.

PDL

disenchanted
wonder when they'll reveal where pokemon would air... it better be soon, because PUSA has alot of explaining to do...

apparently Nyasu is based on the dog character Muttley from that show.

can't be, otherwise he'd have a trademark snicker...

I say he's somewhat based on Tom :)

Mirai Mirai

rabid kitten
jolteonjak said:
As someone who grew up watching all kinds of Scooby Doo shows (go go 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo), that offends me greatly. Its just...bad.

Same here. If the new one failed, why will the new new one suceed when the show formula is probably going to remain the same? Especially the picture---it doesn't even look like Scooby Doo or Shaggy!

It looks like they downsized their ages, gave them dots for eyes, and so forth.

Unless they are going for the "younger Shaggy and co." thing. But didn't they already do one like that?

This is great! Now the pokemon anime will finally die in america. It was a stupid show.

Great. Maybe that is YOUR opinion, but YOUR opinion does not equal to truth. Many people actually enjoyed watching the show.

Last edited:

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Muttley may have had his sarcastic moments (ie. Dastardly ordering him to 'do something', to which he replies with a tap-dance), but I'm really struggling to see any other similarities between the two characters. Both personallity and appearence wise :/

Neko Godot

Hey! Listen!
YoshiAngemon said:
Well, if we're lucky, we might end up watching the 4Kids Programming that's meant for girls - Magical DoReMi, Winx Club, Bratz, and Mew Mew Power.
Sad thing is, I actually watch Doremi and Winx. Gives me something to do between Digimon and Pokemon.