• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon gone from Fall KidsWB LineUp on "The CW"

ijea4444

did any on hear the new voices omg. may sounded like an old lady and same with ash

back on topic: Hope it doesnt go to cn cause i dont got cable just local channels. :(

◘Ins0mnIac◘

Supreme Overlord
ijea4444 said:
may sounded like an old lady and same with ash
Ash sounded like an old lady?????? lol messing with you.

Is there only one episode a week now???????

Chris

Old Coot
HEY! Stop discussing the voices. Take it to the New Dub Voices thread.

Captain Brain

I learned at JAA today that each area will have a different channel airing Pokemon, some areas though, may have the same channel. ;025;

WheelerTheViper

Procrastinate Today!
Great, Pokemon is slowly dying. -_-

Well, I can only hope that it will be shown on Saturday mornings, or else I'll basicly stop watching the show. maybe I'll rent the DVDs, if I can stand it.

Akane

I just have a feeling Cartoon Network will have Pokemon once again. But then again, CN is so bad of keeping a show on the air. And they tend to move shows around. x.x I don't want to get up at 5am just to watch one new epsiode. But that is besides the point. All I can think of it might go there. Or go to another channel(Hopefully a channel that I have and show a time that I can watch it still). Well I know this fall I will use this time to sleep in. Those new shows that are coming on...they don't look interesting. x.x This is a sad day...very sad. But at least it isn't canceled that is good. Just need to know what channel.

X Megadragon

The Dragon Master
OMG... I don't have cable...

We all should sign a petition... y'know, to save the dub, and get Pokemon back on Kids WB.

I mean, if everyone here signs, we'll have near 10,000 signatures...

Lol, maybe I'm thinking too much. Forget it. XD

WheelerTheViper

Procrastinate Today!
Let's finish the 'Save the Dub' petetions before we start with another one. ^^;

Maybe WB didn't want Pokemon anymore because thew new voices suck XD

Chris

Old Coot
WheelerTheViper said:
Maybe WB didn't want Pokemon anymore because thew new voices suck XD
Didn't stop them from airing Loonatics or Yu-Gi-Oh!. One show that's a complete insult to the Looney Tunes and another done by the worst dubbing group to currently work in anime. So that kind of logic is flawed.

Captain Brain

If Pokemon survives this,(which I am positive it will), will no longer have any problems for a very long time. If ever again. ;025;

Aaron Highest

MAKINGLARGESTTURDEVA
;277; : if pokemon is not show anywhere.......there will be heads knocked...IF THEY DON"T SHOW IT SOME WHERE THIS STATION WILL BE HACKED INTO BY ME BREAK DOWN THE SYSTEMS AND NO MORE ANYTHING ON THE CHANNEL NO POKEMON NO RATINGS! NONE SHALL DESTROY MY BELOVED Swellow ANIME CRUSH!

O_O sorry about Skye he forgot his medicine but yeah we gotta take action or our fave show isn't gonna be on

;277; : NONE SHALL CANCEL IT!

Okay Skye we get it now shut up! Return! *fwoosh*

so what should we do?.................petition.......boycotting...stun guns....foodpoisoning...okay i got ahead of my self so any plans?

P.S. i have seen other people do this kinda thing so i dunno if it is spamming

PokemonTrainerLisa

Veronica Taylor fan
Don Vito said:
I hope it does go back to syndication. It never should have left it in the first place IMO. Especially since it ended at a bad time (the last ep on synd was the ep where Charmander evolves)
Wow, Don Vito! I didn't know that was the last new first season episode they aired, the very first time around that they stared airing Pokemon. That is very interesting, because believe it or not, "The March of the Exeggutor Squad" was actually the first Pokemon episode I ever saw, and I was so young when I saw it that I didn't even know what Pokemon was back then.

And then, like, a year or two later, Pokemon was airing on its own channel (The WB), and I found out about Pokemon again because my brother was channel surfing and he put the TV on the chanel Pokemon was on for a minute and I was like, "OMG! It's that same show I saw when I was younger!", so I ran as fast as I could into the other room to watch it. And apparently, it was that exact same episode too, "March of the Exeggutor Squad". Kind of a funny/weird coincidence, huh? ^^

Edward Elric said:

Uh, as far as I remember, it never left syndication at that time. They simply went into reruns until KidsWB picked it up.
Oh, wow. So that explains why the first episode of Pokemon I saw was, "March of the Exeggutor Squad", and also why I was able to see all the previous first season episodes after that. Interesting, I didn't know that. Thank you for telling me.

Hidden Mew said:
I didn't know they distribute the movies. I thought that it was another company.
It is another company, Hidden Mew, it's Miramax (which is a subsidiary of Disney). They help distribute the Pokemon movies.

may lover said:
Oh well, maybe someone at JAA can give us more info.
When I go to JAA over here, which is on June 10th (I know, I can't believe how long I have to wait, just to go to that event), I plan on asking a lot of questions about the future of the dub. And those questions will be ones related to which channel Pokemon will be on (in my area, and in other areas), and questions related to VA situation.

frink said:
Rofl, didn't CN already have or had pokemon and failed? :rolleyes: I don't know much because I only had basic cable and yeah.. but I do remember that they showed pokemon then stoped.
Yes, frink. They've already aired seasons 1 through 5 (Master Quest).

But, come to think of it, they never even finished airing Master Quest. They only aired like most of the season (up until a certain late Master Quest episode, I think it was "Address Unown"). Anyway, I know that they didn't finish Master Quest, because I never saw the Johto League Silver Conference episodes air on Cartoon Network......

Silverchan said:
But doesn't CN rarely air Pokemon now? I remember they used to air repeats every weekend or so.
No, Silverchan.

They stopped airing Pokemon Master Quest sometime last year (I think). I forgot exactly when though......

Banette said:
Is there only one episode a week now???????
Yes.

*copied and pasted from Dogasu's post on Bulbagarden*

Here's May's schedule. Looks like Kids' WB! is going back to its once-a-week schedule.

May 6th
10:00am - "Hooked on Onix"

May 13th
10:00am - "Rough, Tough Jigglypuff"

May 20th
10:00am - "On Cloud Arcanine"

May 27th
10:00am - "Sitting Psyduck"

Captain Brain said:
I learned at JAA today that each area will have a different channel airing Pokemon, some areas though, may have the same channel. ;025;
Oh, so uh, what does that mean exactly, Captain Brain? :confused:

*is very confused now*

I mean, I live in the Pittsburgh area (I'm going to college here). So, for me, which channel do you or does someone else think it might come on?

And wait, so they didn't give you the name of any specific channel or network, Captain Brain?

Okay, that was really weird...... O_O

Last edited:
The only reason why I get up at 10 am on saturdays is to watch pokemon, so taking it out just means that I won't be having to get up so early on weekends any more. So I guess it's a good thing on my side, I just wanna see how they do cuz I know my behind is not getting up for those stupidass shows that they'll be showing. Trust me, they'll be losing a lot of ratings that the older kids that watch that block gives them. I just hope somebody picks the new season of pokemon cuz God knows I love me some pokemon lol.

Captain Brain

Ninetales9 said:
The only reason why I get up at 10 am on saturdays is to watch pokemon, so taking it out just means that I won't be having to get up so early on weekends any more. So I guess it's a good thing on my side, I just wanna see how they do cuz I know my behind is not getting up for those stupidass shows that they'll be showing. Trust me, they'll be losing a lot of ratings that the older kids that watch that block gives them. I just hope somebody picks the new season of pokemon cuz God knows I love me some pokemon lol.

Watch Pokemon will be on a channel that will air it at nine instead of ten, but still for an hour.

Oh, so uh, what does that mean exactly, Captain Brain?

*is very confused now*

I mean, I live in the Pittsburgh area (I'm going to college here). So, for me, which channel do you or does someone else think it might come on?

And wait, so they didn't give you the name of any specific channel or network, Captain Brain?

Okay, that was really weird...... O_O

No specifics were given as no contracts have been signed, Did say however to keep looking at pokemon.com for any maps/ updates.;025;

Last edited:

ottermi619

Pretty Molly... <3
be prepared for a really long post

I didn't realize this until I saw a similar topic on another message board.

This is a shocker, but at the same time expected, I won't miss watching the show, since it's become virtually unwatchable after Johto League Champions.

Since I post to a radio and television message board, I'll comment on many of the previous posts here, and give some comments on my own.

Waaay back on the second page of this thread, frodo wrote:
who wants to watch tom and jerry instead of pokemon ?
The former's got my vote.

On page 5, BluekiKatana wrote:
This fall will be the death of Saturday morning cartoons as we know it.
Saturday mornings have been dead since ABC was forced by TimeWarner to cancel Bugs Bunny and Tweety show nearly 6 years ago. I wouldn't expect today's movement to be reversed because of politically over-correct content regulations and greedy corporations who have a monopoly over the airwaves.

I believe the anime will become yet another Cartoon Network-only show.

On page 6, Rancid Meat wrote:
The show is being MOVED not canceled.
"But WHERE?" is the question we're all asking. It doesn't look like we'll get a satisfactory answer any time soon.

On the same page, psychic_pokemon_master wrote:
"Animation and a new group of programs that comply with the government’s children’s education initiative.......this was a reason i saw on the site...LOL this is a really stupid idea"
This is virtually the same reason why KidsWB's weekday block had to be removed.

A few posts later, Captain Brain wrote:
When will PUSA make an official announcement on the channel(s) that will be airing Pokemon.
Like I said earlier in this post, not anytime soon. On the PokeCommunity, I saw someone mentioned that mabye the upcoming MyNetworkTV or NBC could pick it up. I wouldn't see ABC/Disney/whatever pick it up since It wouldn't go with their already way-too dorky comedies (That's So Raven=barf)

On page 7, Californian_DJ wrote:
my guess is that CW is dropping almost every show that worked well, just because they want to have a "fresh start". it won't work.
I initially thought it was because of CBS Corporation's involvement in the new network.
they are digging their own grave...
How can anyone say that if they've not even began operations yet!?

On post #129, Jesse GS the II wrote:
Eh, Kids' WB/CW/whatever the phrack it is probably wasn't the best place for "Pokémon" anyway.
Makes you wonder why they had to take it away from syndication.

On page 7 halloweenghost wrote:
But anyways... isn't their contract up with WB?
I thought they had exclusive control over the show until its production run finished.

On page 8 Lionheart wrote:
why not take off that bag of crud Johhny Test and Coconut Fred?
Though IMO, I think it's nice to see Scooby and Tom & Jerry return to the airwaves once again.

On page 10, The Great Bulter wrote:
Hmmmmmm? CBS is channel 2, at least in my area, and UPN is channel 9 (WB is 11) Are you sure CBS is involved in this? It seems a little odd to me.
CBS used to be on channel 2 in Detroit (WJBK), and WKBD-50 (the current UPN outlet) ran Fox when that network started.

On page 12 CyberCubed wrote:
PokemonUSA could have very well begun dubbing Season 9 under the assumption that KidsWb would renew the show.
WB said quite some time ago that they renewed it for until season 10 or 11 (I think)

On that same page, Rodoku wrote:
I would. Original Bugs Bunny cartoons, too.
Or how about the old Superman and Popeye cartoons (made by Fleischer Studios, later foreclosed upon by Paramount Pictures and renamed Famous Studios)?

On page 15, Elric wrote:
And even then, UPN doesn't air 4Kids TV on the same date as the rest of the US. o_O Instead of Saturday mornings, anyone watching it on UPN gets these shows on Sunday mornings.
Or in the case of Detroit, and a few other places, the WB affiliate might have 4KIDStv. Back when Fox Kids was around, when WJBK, being owned by New World Communications, became FOX, they did not run FOX KIDS (neither did most other New World Comm stations, most of them former CBS affiliates also). WKBD, which previously had FOX, kept FOX KIDS, until moving over to a low-signal independent station shortly after.

For post #308, gregjammer wrote:
Disney might not go for Pokemon because they already have its rival, Digimon, so it would be rejected under SEC regulations thanks to antitrust violations
Then why would federal regulators allow (the new) Ma Bell to get BellSouth? (much less allow SBC to get AT&T, thereby reviving Ma Bell)

On page 18, Hidden Mew wrote:
Hopefully, CN or a good non-cable channel will be able to show Pokemon.
Why not return it to over-the-air syndication then? (unless content regulations already outlawed that)

A page later, gregjammer wrote:
Time Warner is merging w/ CBS
They are not acutally merging per se, the new CW is a joint venture between both companies.

On page 20, Silverchan wrote:
Unless they are going for the "younger Shaggy and co." thing. But didn't they already do one like that?
Are you talking about "A Pup Named Scooby-Doo"?

On page 21, KojiroJames2006 wrote:
NBC, anyone? They're dumping Discovery Kids this fall. Whoever gets them will get INSTANT RATINGS!
I somehow doubt it would be suitable for the big three.

This major move by Tribune and Time Warner is yet another example of corporate mentality screwing over consumers, a very good one too to say the least.

-ottermi619-
So much for Pokemon Chronicles hitting the U.S. airwaves.

Last edited: