1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon green 3ds and region issue

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation I & II Discussion' started by keithpetrosky, Feb 8, 2019.

1. keithpetrosky

keithpetrosky New Member

I read that Pokémon green is region locked only in Japan so any American 3ds it won’t work.

If I was to buy a Japanese 3ds and download green to it but I live in the USA will it still work? If it will, can I take those Pokémon and trade to my American 3ds with Pokémon yellow, and then transfer to poke bank on my American 3ds then sun/moon game from USA?

2. TokoyamiTheDark

TokoyamiTheDark The Purple Karakasa

No, because your 3ds would locate you in your country rather than in Japan so you couldn't buy it. (Tried with with both an EU and US console) And it is not recommended to trade between Japanese and International Pokémon VC games, because they are coded differently. If done on real cartdridges, they could get destroyed.

keithpetrosky likes this.