• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver New Sprite Discussion

Chaos Rush

Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver New Sprite Discussion

Well, there's a thread for Platinum that's surprisingly still pretty popular. So might as well make one here.

This is to discuss all of the new Pokemon sprites. To see them, here they are:
First Frame
Second Frame
Trainers
Overworld Kanto Pokemon
Overworld Johto Pokemon
Overworld Hoenn Pokemon
Overworld Sinnoh Pokemon
Stationary Overworld Pokemon
Overworld Trainers

Credit to the people at Veekun for the first 3 pics. Credit to Dragoon at TSR for the overworld Pokemon and Trainers.

The first 251 Pokemon got new sprites, and Registeel, Torterra, Chimchar, Stunky, Skuntank, Glameow, Purugly, and Chatot got new color palettes.

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Pikachu's got the gut again, I see. Mewtwo's effin bada**. Ursaring's gonna rip you to pieces. Blastoise is fat. Steelix is da man.

What happened to Wormadam?

For the trainers, Will appears to have gotten a sex change and become a clown. Falkner appears to be holding a knife. Athena looks oddly masculine. Red should've had his cap set before they took the photo.

WOO HOO! FIRST POST!!!

Last edited:

Iibui

Relevant to my interests.

I'm getting the alt forms at the moment, although I don't think any of them will be different (save Gizamimi Pichu). Maybe Unown if I'm lucky.

DarkLemmy2

I have Nothing 2 say
Quagsire wants a hug. XD

It looks like Blubsaur's sprite is the same as its one from G/S.

Red

Not the color
Sabrina looks AWFUL..

http://i28.*******.com/2r6p4sl.jpg

Besides that I approve of everything else. :)

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Wow, Chuck looks epicly obese with his new sprite. So does the fire-breather guy. Clair on the other hand looks like total awesomness.

And now I guess TWO Johto gym leaders have scarves (Morty and Pryce).

Samayowa

you amaze me.
Lance, Claire, Sabrina, Red, as well as many others are just EPIC.
I love most of the first 200whatever Pokemon's sprites, they're verynice:)
Tyranitar and Dragonite FINALLY get some decent sprites:)

Brandon96

Dark Trainer
Umbreon's second frame kicks SO MUCH ARSE, and I am not being biased at all!

m190049

Local psychopath
Btw...
Trainers.

212_Sprite_HgSs_Cropped.png

Best sprite ever is epic.

I also specifically like Sabrina and Misty's sprites.

...On the bottom, on the right of Lance's backsprite...
In the jacket... Is that Giovanni? o.o

Pasukaru

Shiny Hunter
I love Hitmonchan's 2nd frame :D MACH PUNCH and lol, Magnemite is upside down in the 2nd frame XD

glowing_light010

•chℓoε•
Teddiursa is cuter than it's ever been. It's back ORANGE again, as it should be :)

I'm going to use it in my sig because it's just so darn cute xD

Scizor & Steelix look pretty awesome too, if you ask me.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Eff yes it is. He's back from the dead, man! :D

Best. Spoiler. Ever. SRSLY.

Also, I really like Sabrina, Red, Dragonite, Mewtwo, Articuno for some reason, Scizor (even though I hate him for being an evolved Scyther), Vaporeon, Machamp, CHARIZARD, Arcanine, Steelix and Tyranitar.

Vaporeon reminds me of the Blue version Vaporeon sprite, which is easily my favorite one.