• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver New Sprite Discussion

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
My only grip with Lugia's sprite is that in the animation, the tail doesn't move and then normally its feet just seem a bit off.

Kailioskos

With Igglybuff's big eyes it makes me wish it was real. But Sandshrew looks so real with the eyes and the shading. The grass looks great along with the trees. And the all of the trainer sprites look good both in battle and field.

Godric

Petrew Petrew
lugia has always looked awesome....ho-ho....not so much...and your right rocky..mewtwo looks strange

What? I think this is Mewtwo's best sprite (besides it's R/B Sprite, too awesome.)

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
it looks suprised to se anyone, since it's been hanging out in the cave for ever, so meeting someone, it tries to hide from the light, then confronts you.

PkMnPwNs1991

<- Hot tamale
I agree, Mewtwo's sprite is easily my favorite thus far. I also really like Hitmonchan's second frame sprite. And Aerodactyl's and Heatran's overworld sprites are excellent if you ask me.

aclover

VICTORiOUS
i like regigigas's over wold:
19375662395-iaza.gif

ForteAnly

I really liked Dragonite's new sprite compared to his D/P/Pt sprite.

unluckyred13

tHe blaCk sIlVeR
are there some trainer sprites that changed?

Corroded Arceus

Shiny Hunter
Hey, just asking wether or not there are any shiny overworlds uploaded yet. If so, linkage please.

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
I like all the HG/SS Sprites! I think they all great. I don't see anything wrong with Ho-oh or Jolteon. And the new Steelix makes me like him more. Because in earlier games, his sprite was basically the same just a bit bigger. I can't wait to play the game. edit: Some pokemon that look awesome to me are Nidoking, Pidgeot, Steelix, Dragonite, the legendary dogs, Kangaskhan, Moltres, Charizard, Venusaur, and many others. edit2: Seems to me that some of you complain too much. :/ It is just pixels. I see nothing wrong with any of them. The pokemon creaters did them; there should be no reason to complain. My opinion is if you don't like the sprites, don't play the game.

Last edited:

Escape Reality

Daydreamer
I really liked Clair's VS and animated sprite.

Have yet to see Mewtwo's... Still getting the Kanto badges... xD