• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver New Sprite Discussion

Soybean

Most of them are pretty nice.

My only complaint is Machoke's sprite. I absolutely hate it. Luckily it evolves into one of my favorite Pokemon.

zodiacsage

Challenge Seeker
Most of them are pretty nice.

My only complaint is Machoke's sprite. I absolutely hate it. Luckily it evolves into one of my favorite Pokemon.

Yeah Machoke wasn't anything too special, but I am very content with the sprite for Machamp, probably one of the best sprites they ever developed for that Pokemon.

The Mursu

<-- Epic coat!
The majority of HGSS sprites look perfectly fine, especially the better colour scheme!

mAdkip

It's weird how Magnezone's walking sprite has grey magnets while its battle sprite has red/blue magnets

pokemon82

I'm simply awesome!
Pikachu and richu are fat. But, mewtwo and garchomp are bad ***! The rest are fine.

Beldum-cool

Primeapes My Man
I liked most of the sprites. Dusclops looked terrible though.

Kalosian

So long
Just like with the new sprites in Platinum, I think some sprites look better in HG/SS while others look better in D/P or Platinum. I liked the sprites of Seel, Haunter and Dragonite better than in the other games, but I thought some sprites looked really bad, like Moltres, Jolteon and Scyther.

Aegon

I prefer the HeartGold and SoulSilver sprites over the DPPt ones. They're much sharper and more defined, and the Pokémon are in great poses. Gyarados finally got a nice sprite, as its previous ones were disastrous. These are my favourite set of sprites, aside from the Black and White ones, obviously.

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
I think HG/SS have great sprites =) I especially like Moltres and Lugia's sprites. Moltres's sprite makes it look like it'll kill you if you mess with it haha.

Last edited:

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
I really do like the new sprites. Buizel looks better in HG/SS :D (which I obviously like)

Arceus94

I liked Dragonite and Kingdras sprites very, VERY good <3 Now, i always keep them on my team xD