• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver New Sprite Discussion

cptmyname

here's my two sense.
geodude finally has a good sprite
gligar's colors changed again. lol
first charizard sprite i actually like. FRLG has 2nd best sprite IMO
golduck's beak is back to normal
aerodactyl's sprite looks like anime aerodactyl which is good IMO
dragonite is probably the most improved sprite. finally a game where it doesn't look like a wimp
and donphan is win

I know, now geodude look exectly like what there suposed to look like;
Fugly grey rocks! :D

Scizor knows Kung-Fu, Gengar looks sinister as ever, Feraligatr looks just awesome and the fact that Quagsire is going for the bear-hug is adorable.

I agree, there soo awsome i put it in my sig.
see look.

Sarracenia

Pokémagpie Zog
Not that I know of, but it's definite that all shinies are properly represented when they follow you. I was unsure about it earlier but thanks to Wichu and his Giratina I now have confirmation. :p

Am looking forward to taking some of my own guys for a spin.

AzureWatcher

Glacier Hugger
WOOOT! Jolteon is aggressive again! 'bout time. Also, Lapras is win. Jynx is win. Delibird is win. Articuno, Swinub and Piloswine. Dewgong and Seel. Cloyster, too! <3 the Ice-type sprites

Abus0ru

アブソル
Here's my thoughts on the new sprites:

Bulbasaur-Love the GS revamp.
Charizard-Simply a beast.
Blastoise-Gained a few pounds. :p
Fearow-Wonderful pose.
Pikachu-Cute, much better than the beta sprites.
Oddish-Much cuter than DP, and Platinum's was just plain ugly.
Nidoking-King of Beasts.
Arcanine-Best sprite for him yet.
Alakazam-Looks a bit odd, Platinum's was better.
Muk-One word. Awesome.
Gastly Line-They're all amazing, especially Haunter.
Scyther-Looks weird, don't like the head or pose.
Electabuzz-Awesome.
Gyarados-Beast, especially the Red Gyarados.
Lapras-Looks meaner than I remembered, and I like it.
Eevee-Looks cute and ferocious at the same time.
Kabutops-Beastly.
Lengendary Bird Trio-All of them are amazing, best sprites for all of them.
Dragonair-Looks really elegant.
Mew-Cute, hated the DPPt sprite.
Cyndaquil-Cutest sprite for him yet.
Feraligatr-Looks like one mischeivous gator.
Ariados-Another revamp, I like.
Politoed-Cute and playful.
Quagsire-Looks like he wants a hug.
Espeon-Much better than the DPPt sprites.
Murkrow-Nice mid-flight pose.
Wobbuffet-Looks like a ninja in second frame.
Gligar-Finally it's the right color.
Steelix-Bad ***.
Scizor-Looks like a ninja.
Skarmory-Very beastly.
Houndour-Super cute yet bad ***.
Legendary Dog Trio-Raikou's the best, but they're all better than the DPPt ones.
Lugia-Beastly.
Ho-oh-Ugly, head looks deformed.

Also all the OW sprites are amazing, they put alot of detail into such little sprites.

Miss_Pocket_Monster

This game has some amazing sprites. Steelix looks downright insane, and the starter lines all have ultra cool final forms. I can't wait to catch my signature Granbull in this game; she looks meaner than ever and I like her that way!

And, of course, I *love* the new Legendary Beast sprites; Suicune looks like a badass. ;245;

Jolesy

Sparky Jolteons(:
Does Wailord look fatter than what it used to like in the third generation?

.VALO.

I'm happy with the new Raikou sprite, looks like a beast at last. I'm gutted about Octillery's sprite though, they just look ridiculous now and it looks almost fake as if some amateur made the sprite. I also think Miltank has one of the most improved sprites in any of the Pokémon games to date as she is finally in a funny pose as opposed to looking short, fat and useless. Crobat looks kinda 3D, I like that and as much as I hate the OU drones that plague the standard metagame, Scizor is looking pretty *****in' haha.

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
I like the new sprites for the Larvitar evolution. They look like they are focused on something in the distance. It makes them look more serious, unlike their D/P/Pt sprites, which had Tyranitar look more angry.

swimteam09

"Vas up!I'm Bruno!"
Some of the sprites look kinda ugly XD

pichu_power

But Never Again...
They really upped the 'angry' factor of the pokemon! Usually one hand moves and it opens its mouth...but these sprites show their fangs and have much more action than before...[compare Gengar's 1st and 2nd along with Typhlosion's..EDIT: UMBREON'S!!! WOW!!!!]

I BELIEVE they only updated the Kanto/Johto Pokemon...to me, it seems that Hoenn's are the same as DP and Sinnoh's are the same as Platinum...

EDIT: I am disappointed with Tyranitar's...It seems like the original G/S sprite...:\

Last edited:

glowing_light010

•chℓoε•
Lol...these make me laugh:
http://i27.*******.com/2vjamxj.gif
Dragonair is like: "Oh no you didn't *snaps fingers*".

& Umbreon looks vicious! Bahaha.

abgar

Fufufufu
These pokemon sure love to break the fourth wall dont they?

lookatmex.png

Claydol and Hitmontop are questionable though.

And Noctowl is creepy....

Last edited:

toge5556

Like a cosmic condom
i hate kotone's hatless sprite T,T. But i like mewtwo's first frame

Lucario_1914

It'll destroy us all
I laughed when i first saw the farfetch'd sprite, it lookis like his trainer got rid of him and he's hitchiking!