• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver New Sprite Discussion

yanmegy423

Litwick-KAWAIIDESU!
I like Eusine's sprite a lot. I think he could have gone with a better team. Steelix's new sprite is looking down, indicating that it is looking down on you to looke bigger and more intimidating. The sprite is actually very decieving when it comes to the angle of it's head.

Waterpokes

Oh, now I see.... Steelix is the largest, but the head is less big. Right....
And Will can't be more girly then Bugsy. I think he's a dude, but I'm still not sure.
And since the Elite Four has four guys in Gold/Silver, they had to change Will to a girl.
Just to make things satisfied!

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
there are 4 guys and 1 girl in the elite 4...every other region had 3 guys and 2 girls so maybe...but Will looks masculine enough...

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Oh, now I see.... Steelix is the largest, but the head is less big. Right....
And Will can't be more girly then Bugsy. I think he's a dude, but I'm still not sure.
And since the Elite Four has four guys in Gold/Silver, they had to change Will to a girl.
Just to make things satisfied!

Bugsy is male, Will is male.

Karen is a female, and she is in the Elite Four.

Out of all the new sprites, Will and Karen's are some of my favorites.

Waterpokes

Well, I meant Koga, Bruno, Will and Lance as boys.
While Karen is the girl. So maybe that's why Will got changed from boy to girl.
They have it in every other Elite Four, except Sinnoh that is.

abgar

Fufufufu
Well, I meant Koga, Bruno, Will and Lance as boys.
While Karen is the girl. So maybe that's why Will got changed from boy to girl.
They have it in every other Elite Four, except Sinnoh that is.

however, technicallly, Lance is not part of the elite 4.

The elite four girls (not counting champions):

1st gen kanto's has 2 girls.
2nd gen kanto's has 1 girl.
Hoenn's has 2 girls.
Sinnoh's has 1 girl (which i suspect is Agatha in a cheap disguise).

its a nice 2-2.

However, getting back on topic.

I really dislike bruno's new sprite and close up, his head is too round and his buttocks are too big in my opinion.
His sprite makes him look like mentally challenged.

Last edited:

FireMeowth

Enthusiast
So maybe that's why Will got changed from boy to girl.
His gender wasn't changed. Ever.

Seriously, he even looks MORE masculine now (when looking at the sprites).
Let's compare:
G/S/C Will
WillGSCsprite.png

Some random thing with googles (if I hadn't known better, I would've thought he was a girl. Seriously).

HG/SS Will
WillHGSS.gif

A PRINCE! This guy's obviously male. And royal.

VSWill.png

Last edited:

Waterpokes

I'm just joking of course. Even though Will does look female-ish to me, that is!
Bruno is less brown now and I think that ruined his sprite.
Liked his FR/LG sprite better, more scarier then, now he's just angry.

Nick Alert

Helplessly Confused.
His gender wasn't changed. Ever.

Seriously, he even looks MORE masculine now (when looking at the sprites).
Let's compare:
G/S/C Will
WillGSCsprite.png

Some random thing with googles (if I hadn't known better, I would've thought he was a girl. Seriously).

HG/SS Will
WillHGSS.gif

A PRINCE! This guy's obviously male. And royal.

VSWill.png

Let's face it. Will has big hips and a vagina.

I like Will's new sprite. It's a big improvement. But he does look a bit feminine. xD

True_Eriorguez

Mmm, has somebody the Hoenn Pokemon overworlds? The Spriter's Resource is down, and, seeing as the link in the OP is to that page and not to ImageShack, the sprites cannot be accesed. Thanks in any case.

All they sprites in these games look really good, there are none I can truly single out now I have looked at all the sprites, however, there is one sprite that bugs me, Pikachu, why do they have to portray it as cutesy all the time?
Yet nowadays, it's now a formidable Pokemon, when it has a Light Ball attached.

For god sakes, Nintendo need to rethink Pikachu now, they have almost drived it off a cliff forcing it to take suicide. We need a tough Pikachu sprite, not something that looks like it wants to play with a bunch of Clefairy and Jigglypuff in a field.

Platinum has had the best sprite so far in my opinion for Pikachu.

True_Eriorguez

All they sprites in these games look really good, there are none I can truly single out now I have looked at all the sprites, however, there is one sprite that bugs me, Pikachu, why do they have to portray it as cutesy all the time?
Yet nowadays, it's now a formidable Pokemon, when it has a Light Ball attached.

For god sakes, Nintendo need to rethink Pikachu now, they have almost drived it off a cliff forcing it to take suicide. We need a tough Pikachu sprite, not something that looks like it wants to play with a bunch of Clefairy and Jigglypuff in a field.

Platinum has had the best sprite so far in my opinion for Pikachu.

We need more Raichu love instead, I'd say.

We need more Raichu love instead, I'd say.

I don't think so to be honest.
Pikachu needs to have a complete makeover, I'd suggest:
A complete moveset change.
A new ability, such as an Electric version of Swarm, Overgrow, Blaze or Torrent.

But back on topic Pikachu's sprite in these games suck, what is it trying to do, wave? (Well yes it does look like that, but it fails.)

True_Eriorguez

I don't think so to be honest.
Pikachu needs to have a complete makeover, I'd suggest:
A complete moveset change.
A new ability, such as an Electric version of Swarm, Overgrow, Blaze or Torrent.

But back on topic Pikachu's sprite in these games suck, what is it trying to do, wave? (Well yes it does look like that, but it fails.)

Pikachu is a not fully evolved Pokemon. Focus on its evolution, plx. Yeah, incluiding Light Ball. And those traits suck when you have Pikachu's defenses: You die in one hit in any case: Static may cripple a sweeper, a low-health one won't.

And, y'know, Pikachu is supposed to look cute, not hardcore.