• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver New Sprite Discussion

pichu_power

But Never Again...
It looks exactly the same except its mouth is closed and they made it darker, which looks better because it is a DARK type pokemon.

Houndoom's snout looks a bit longer and the mouth does look wider...it's supposed to be smiling?!

They ditched the ferocity that Houndoom is supposed to have...the D/P sprite made it like growl and hunch over [a little of what Umbreon looks in HG/SS], but now it looks ridiculous with it's so called 'howl' ?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Today:

-I started in Azelea Town and I went to pick up some Fast Balls at Kurt's house. I gave him 4 Green Apricorns after that.
-Went to Slowpoke's Well and searched for a Slowbro. Found one 6 minutes into the hunt.
-Flew to Olivine and went to harbor to get Sabrina's number.
-Road the SS Aqua though I couldn't battle the trainers....
-Saved at Vermilion.

abgar

Fufufufu
^^^^ lol at the misplaced comment

i just noticed there is an overworld sprite for the PokéDude.
o_O

Abus0ru

アブソル
^^^^ lol at the misplaced comment

i just noticed there is an overworld sprite for the PokéDude.
o_O

That's the guy with the white tank top looking thing from the Teachy TV in FRLG right? If it is I have no clue why there's a sprite for him, the Teachy TV isn't in the game I thought.

abgar

Fufufufu
That's the guy with the white tank top looking thing from the Teachy TV in FRLG right? If it is I have no clue why there's a sprite for him, the Teachy TV isn't in the game I thought.

yeah that one.

anyone with the game knows what he does? he looks pretty much the same as he did in the previous generation.

freakyboy05

Swing the bat
I think there is finally a decent looking sprite for Charizard, in the 3rd generation and Sinnoh games it needed something. I think they finally found it.

LightingKimba

Listenin' t'Dragons!

Actually, that's supposed to be Hajime, who represents the Daisuki Club in Japan. He's supposed to help you out to get gifts and prizes from the club (Such as special wallpapers). I wouldn't be surprised if he really was the instructor from the Teachy TV, or even his twin for that matter. ;/

Love the sprites, except for Blastoise... I think you know why.

R_N

Actually, that's supposed to be Hajime, who represents the Daisuki Club in Japan. He's supposed to help you out to get gifts and prizes from the club (Such as special wallpapers). I wouldn't be surprised if he really was the instructor from the Teachy TV, or even his twin for that matter. ;/

Oh that's who Hajime was in the list of Pokethlon All-stars
I was wondering who that was.

LightingKimba

Listenin' t'Dragons!
Oh that's who Hajime was in the list of Pokethlon All-stars
I was wondering who that was.

Hajime's also the japanese name of Kellyn from Ranger, which the name itself could either mean "Beginning" or "Serious", dependin' on its connotation and how it's written. Looks like the Japanese don't have a One Steve Limit, just like US...

R_N

Hajime's also the japanese name of Kellyn from Ranger, which the name itself could either mean "Beginning" or "Serious", dependin' on its connotation and how it's written. Looks like the Japanese don't have a One Steve Limit, just like US...
Hm, interesting.
also I looked up the Dragon Pulse thing and I think the pun still works, just have to go off the ingame description (a pulse fired from the mouth)

if I see one more link to TV Tropes I swear to god I'm going to snap someone's head off

Oh and I like Houndoom's new sprite :< I liked it's Pt sprite better, but this one isn't horrible. I think it looks nice with darker colors.

yanmegy423

Litwick-KAWAIIDESU!
Gyarados and Scizor FTW!! I just got the Gracidea in Goldenrod and used it. I was quite impressed with Skymin's OW Sprite.

Calm PokeMaster

Scizor looks really awesome like a Ninja now but personally,the Gyarados sprite I like the most was the one in FRLG.

lucario the great one

Scizor looks really awesome like a Ninja now but personally,the Gyarados sprite I like the most was the one in FRLG.
Gyarados looked awful.I like its new sprite better

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
Gyarados' new HGSS sprite looks as if it has been caught with a fish rod and pulled out of water. Pretty amazing.

Charizard4Ever

I'm glad Charizard got a new sprite. I didn't like DPPt sprite for him; his neck looked too long. I like most of the new sprites, but I don't like Blastoise. He looks too big.

Arceus1308

Megafan of Pokemon
I like most.except a few nonsense sprite aka weird