• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver New Sprite Discussion

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
i feel the same way! could hey just please change 'em all?
then everyone would be happy. i mean they changed all of the other regions pokemon... so why not hoenn? i just don't understand...

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
i feel the same way! could hey just please change 'em all?
then everyone would be happy. i mean they changed all of the other regions pokemon... so why not hoenn? i just don't understand...

I was thinking, maybe the games didn't have enough space for 100+ new sprites.

Seargent Cornbread

Teh lazy guy
Gyrados 2nd sprite.

Constipated much? :p

Chaos Rush

Uh dude...

They have plenty of space. And they overwrite the old sprites anyway :/.

Personally I wish they would update the Hoenn sprites, since they just look out of place. The D/P sprites sucked, and the style of them are way too different from the style of the HG/SS sprites. Also they should have updated Yanmega, Tangrowth, Lickilicky, Mamoswine, and Ambipom's sprites.

Also did anyone notice that they changed the color palette but not the sprites of a few Sinnoh Pokemon (and Registeel)? I mean, look at Glameow's HG/SS sprites. Wonder why they even bothered changing the color palettes of some Pokemon you'll hardly see in-game.

EDIT: Oh, and about Whitney's age, I say f**k the anime. Just because she's 6 years old in the anime (okay, maybe older than that), doesn't mean that's her actual age in the games. IMO, I say all Gym Leaders are at least 18 years old.

Last edited:

R_N

They didn't bother respriting the Hoenn mons because they weren't center stage. Shoot, you barely see any of them in-game.

Lets hope Gen 5 is kinder to them, though.

Booburn92

Now why would that matter? It's not like the game's code already has the other sprites written. The programmers still had to include and render the older sprites, so there would be virtually no difference if they included new ones.

@ Snowyarticuno: I wouldn't be surprised if 5th gen revolves around 3rd gen pokes who can still evolve(sort of like 4th gen was to 1st/2nd gen, with Chansey, Electabuzz, Gligar, Mantine, Tangela, etc all receiving new pre-evs/evolutions).

Venomfrog

Perpetual Observer
5th Gen should be much kinder to the 3rd Gen Pokemon. The 2nd Gen, after all, got shafted in the remakes of games one generation below them.

I do not mind most of the Hoenn sprites remaining the same; I like most of the DPPt sprites of them anyway.

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
Uh dude...

They have plenty of space. And they overwrite the old sprites anyway :/.

Personally I wish they would update the Hoenn sprites, since they just look out of place. The D/P sprites sucked, and the style of them are way too different from the style of the HG/SS sprites. Also they should have updated Yanmega, Tangrowth, Lickilicky, Mamoswine, and Ambipom's sprites.

Also did anyone notice that they changed the color palette but not the sprites of a few Sinnoh Pokemon (and Registeel)? I mean, look at Glameow's HG/SS sprites. Wonder why they even bothered changing the color palettes of some Pokemon you'll hardly see in-game.

EDIT: Oh, and about Whitney's age, I say f**k the anime. Just because she's 6 years old in the anime (okay, maybe older than that), doesn't mean that's her actual age in the games. IMO, I say all Gym Leaders are at least 18 years old.

damn... they made glameow gray... and i do agree with the whole gym leader being a teenager... like who the hell would battle a six year old?
the anime is always wrong... so like i say shes like 16...

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
the overworld sprites...? they're cute...?

leilukin

Dragon Tamer
I like the trainers overworld sprite as well. They are adorable.

For the Pokemon overworld sprites, I especially like the Mareep/Flaaffy/Ampharos and Shroomish/Breloom ones. I still find the Wailord one hilarious. LOL

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Some of the Pokemon's overworld sprites are too small for me to appreciate.

The bigger Pokemon like Dialga looked awkward.

leilukin

Dragon Tamer
I think the OW sprites for the Sinnoh legendaries are OK. The Aerodactyl one looks out of shape to me.