• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobalt_Latios

I've noticed something: the forums are seemingly taking a small dip in speeds due to the activity of this thread... or maybe it's the connection I have.

Otherwise, I'm loving the updates in the pictures. Keep 'em coming!

<C_L>

kemal07

Battle Frontier?
I say this if only because no one has seemed to, like, you know, check it out there

nope Serebii told me he checked but nope.
But he did mention Bugsy not being in his gym...
I've noticed something: the forums are seemingly taking a small dip in speeds due to the activity of this thread... or maybe it's the connection I have.

Otherwise, I'm loving the updates in the pictures. Keep 'em coming!

Cobalt my friend thats exactly how my connection is
<C_L>

Cobalt my friend thats exactly how my connection is

nicollins

I'm proud of GameFreak for keeping Misty's look the same as it was in the original G/S/C. I was expecting her to get an anime makeover....

nicollins

Why would you expect that? There would be absolutely no reason to make her look like whatever she looks like in the anime... o_O

Why sure there is. The anime is infinitely bigger than it was back when G/S/C first were released. It is by no means a stretch to think GF would edit Misty's appearance to mimic what she looks like in the anime soley for kids to see a recognizable face.

Certainly no need to bust out the o_O

BCVM22

It is by no means a stretch to think GF would edit Misty's appearance to mimic what she looks like in the anime soley for kids to see a recognizable face.

It would be a tremendous stretch to think that. But for Yellow, which was a purposeful recycling of the R/G/B template with some minor changes to resemble the anime, the games do not take from the anime. Ever. Much like a river, the franchise adapts in one direction: the games -> everything else. Not the other way around, never the other way around.

nicollins

It would be a tremendous stretch to think that. But for Yellow, which was a purposeful recycling of the R/G/B template with some minor changes to resemble the anime, the games do not take from the anime. Ever. Much like a river, the franchise adapts in one direction: the games -> everything else. Not the other way around, never the other way around.

I'll agree with that for the most part, but Red is a glaringly obvious exception to that rule that everybody seems to forget about.

The Red you battle in the original G/S/C is undoubtedly based off a combo of Pokemon Yellow, and the PokeSpecial manga. Seeing as Pokemon Yellow was directly based off the anime, then you could also say the same for Red.

The anime/manga/various othe Pokemon media HAVE influenced the games before. I recognize that you're right about Misty's appearance, seeing as anime influences are rare in these games. I was wrong about that. But it has, and probably will again in the future, happened before.

Last edited:
I'll agree with that for the most part, but Red is a glaringly obvious exception to that rule that everybody seems to forget about.

The Red you battle in the original G/S/C is undoubtedly based off a combo of Pokemon Yellow, and the PokeSpecial manga. Seeing as Pokemon Yellow was directly based off the anime, then you could also say the same for Red.

The anime/manga/various othe Pokemon media HAVE influenced the games before. I recognize that you're right about Misty's appearance, seeing as anime influences are rare in these games. I was wrong about that. But it has, and probably will again in the future, happened before.

Jesus Christ, why do peopl bring those damn Espeon and Pikachu up even knowing you get an Eevee in RBY and Pikachu is the mascot of the whole damn franchise, which means Red is based on 1st Gen as a whole?

BCVM22

No, Johto Red in any iteration has nothing to do with any iteration of Red but the one as whom you played in R/G/B/Y.

Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur, Pikachu = Red, Blue, Green, Yellow Versions
Espeon = the evolution of the Eevee that "he" (you the gamer, playing through a 1st generation game) was given in Celadon City
Snorlax = the one that "he" (see previous) caught while journeying through Kanto three years previous
Lapras = I dunno, but PokéSpecial Red has never owned one

I repeat: the franchise adapts in one direction. What the anime and the various manga do has no bearing on any of the games but for the one, lone, aforementioned instance. Special Red has an Espeon because Johto Red has an Espeon; not the other way around and again, never the other way around.

The anime/manga/various othe Pokemon media HAVE influenced the games before.

We've established Yellow; what else you got?

12Medbe

Jesus Christ, why do peopl bring those damn Espeon and Pikachu up even knowing you get an Eevee in RBY and Pikachu is the mascot of the whole damn franchise, which means Red is based on 1st Gen as a whole?

Well most of us didn't have Eevee for the whole time when we played Yellow, remember we were awarded Laparas @ Silph Co. I still consider that to be Red's Yellow Version Team.

Lugion

Lol.

Red's PokeSpe team from GSC was based on Red from, well, GSC. Pikachu was the mascot of Yellow, Charizard of Red, Venusaur of Green, and Blastoise of Red. Eevee and Snorlax are both unavoidable Pokemon in the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.