• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brave Birdy

I want to know where Bugsy went. Man these games hold so much suspense.

He's supposed to be someone we battle, not too sure where.

124.png

Well.

Maybe Bugsy went to the bug catching contest? Idk though.
Or maybe the Safari Zone, to hunt for more awesome pokemon?
It really is a mystery.

Hmm. Love the Giovanni sprite, it really shows that he's in hiding and under disguise.
Gosh, I'm dying to know where you battle him.

nicollins

No. Pikachu was chosen to be Ash's pokémon because they decided he'd be the mascot.

You give me proof that they set aside the fact that Pikachu would be the macot before they made the games and I'll shut up. I've NEVER heard that before.

And Red is not a random guy, damnit. And you know it.

So if Cynthia had an Espeon on her team, she'd represent the first gen? -_-

Brave Birdy

It really is a mystery.

Hmm. Love the Giovanni sprite, it really shows that he's in hiding and under disguise.

Brave Birdy

It really is a mystery.

Chimchar15

I wonder how many other surprises are in these games. I love how they improved all the towns/cities etc, in both Johto and Kanto, they all look amazing.

Lucario Master Chris

Master of Psychics
I think that Red from the game is baced somewhat on Red from the Manga and Ash both. He has the starters and Snorlax from Ash, the Espeon from Manga Red, and the Pikachu from both.

BCVM22

:|

I think that Red from the game is baced somewhat on Red from the Manga and Ash both.

He's not.

He has the starters and Snorlax from Ash

The starters? You mean like the Blastoise and Venusaur that Ash has never owned?

the Espeon from Manga Red

We've been over this. It's the other way around. Whomever it is that plots/writes/illustrates Special was forwarded a G/S/C outline ahead of time as per the norm and thought "oh, you battle Red and he has an Espeon. Neat. I guess we know how to evolve this mutant Eevee he has lying around..."

and the Pikachu from both.

The Pikachu represents Yellow Version. Nothing more.

Let the foolishness end please, people.

Last edited:

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
I found out rattata's sometimes hold that berry that weakens a normal type attack!

I just used scratch and after the animation a berry activated, then it lost less health than the second time, nomel berry wasn't it?

Sabonea_Masukippa

What, seriously? The anime, as much as it is its own continuing narrative, is as much a marketing vehicle for the games as anything else. This is your argument? Really?

What if Lugia had never been in a movie? Celebi? Lucario? Manaphy? Are you really trying to make the case that if none of those critters had been in movies prior to the game debuts, then they would not have been in the games at all?

That's terrible logic. Again and for I hope the last time, new Pokémon/formes appear in the anime to advertise their roles in the games. Not the other way around, for pity's sake.

I'm not saying anything of the sort and you know it. But thanks for the straw man.

And yes, Red is not based off Ash. Or the Manga.
Pikachu because a) it's the mascot (although this appears to have been decided after the blue/green where initially made + possibly during the development of the anime and b) regardless of it's anime influence, Pikachu is still the starter from one of the original games which the protagonist (red) is based off.
Anyway, it makes no difference at all. It exists. Makes no difference how it came about.

Last edited:

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3

R_N

I found out rattata's sometimes hold that berry that weakens a normal type attack!

I just used scratch and after the animation a berry activated, then it lost less health than the second time, nomel berry wasn't it?

Chilan, acutally, and they've been carrying those since DP.

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
Oh whoopeedidoo, one game dealing lightly with the anime. Pikachu is Pokemon's mascot, so Yellow was made to honor it. And since he was our starter we had no way, aside from trading, to get the starters so they gave them out. End of story, next topic please.

12Medbe

Oh whoopeedidoo, one game dealing lightly with the anime. Pikachu is Pokemon's mascot, so Yellow was made to honor it. And since he was our starter we had no way, aside from trading, to get the starters so they gave them out. End of story, next topic please.

Very well.

Next topic: Where Bugsy might be

I think the Kimono Girls place.

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
Status
Not open for further replies.