• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brave Birdy

We have to keep in mind that when pokemon yellow was being made, gamefreak was still relatively new to making the pokemon games, and they probably hadn't developed their rule that "games =/= anime".

Even in GSC, they still hadn't developed this rule, thus Red was created.

However now, gamefreak has developed this rule, but their not going to completely change Red's roster for the sake of maintaining nostalgia.

DarkLegend

The Grand Draconian
Proof that GAMEFREAK loves it's old scool fans: The GB Player
Also, has there been any confimation on GYM Leader re-battles or Battleground?

Proof that GAMEFREAK loves it's old scool fans: The GB Player
Also, has there been any confimation on GYM Leader re-battles or Battleground?
The gym leader rematch data is out, be we don't know where we battle them yet for sure. People are saying the Frontier Front.

BCVM22

You played as Red throughout the entire first generation of games. He was not "created" for G/S/C nor does any one of his six Pokémon from G/S/C have anything to do with anything but that first generation of games.

R_N

The gym leader rematch data is out, be we don't know where we battle them yet for sure. People are saying the Frontier Front.

Maybe there might be somewhere on the route to Mt.Silver?
Not sure why I thought there of all places, but you never know?

12Medbe

I have a feeling the Kimino Girls have something to do with this, I'm serious.

Brave Birdy

You played as Red throughout the entire first generation of games. He was not "created" for G/S/C nor does any one of his six Pokémon from G/S/C have anything to do with anything but that first generation of games.

Okay sorry, I should have phrased that differently.

The rule still wasn't developed, therefore they chose to use Red's 1st gen team (which was based off the anime).

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
Okay sorry, I should have phrased that differently.

The rule still wasn't developed, therefore they chose to use Red's 1st gen team (which was based off the anime).

Then it'd be:
Pikachu
Pidgeot
Squirtle
Charizard
Bulbasaur
Kingler/Muk/whatever

Chimchar15

It would suck if the gym leaders had to call you in order for you to have a rematch. I'm loving the rematch teams though, they're amazing.

redshift71388

We have to keep in mind that when pokemon yellow was being made, gamefreak was still relatively new to making the pokemon games, and they probably hadn't developed their rule that "games =/= anime".

However now, gamefreak has developed this rule, but their not going to completely change Red's roster for the sake of maintaining nostalgia.
Red or his his roster from G/S/C/HG/SS has nothing to do with the anime.

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
Red..wasn't based entirely on Ash

I know, just was saying if red = ash then the team I posted would have been what we fought. So since it wasn't, it wasn't based off Ash nor the anime at all. Pikachu was there as he's the freakin' mascot, Charizard is there since Red was using evolved forms of all 3 starters. At the time of G/S/C Ash hadn't caught Snorlax. Ash never owned Espeon let alone Eevee.

Roknar

But it's better than drinking alone
Here's the reason for Red's roster, and lots of people will hate me for saying this:

It's from the anime. Ash had Pikachu (duh). Ash obtained Squirtle/Charmander/Bulbasaur (but Squirtle is too weak, so they bumped Squirtle/Charmander/Bulbasaur to their final forms). I mean really, a level 80 something Squirtle would be gay.

And the final two, Lapras and Snorlax, refer to Ash's adventures in the Orange Islands, when he obtained those two.

I'm not sure why it's like that, but it is. Personally, I thought Espeon was a better choice than Lapras, but whatever, Lapras fits with the anime more.

Again, although I hate to say it, Red's entire team is based off the anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.