• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightingKimba

Listenin' t'Dragons!
Boy, what in the hell are you talking 'bout?
First of all HG is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better,
and secondly, I'm not sure what you've been smokin' to make you think HG is targeted towards female audiences.
It just confuses me...

Man speaks the truth. The only superior thing SoulSilver has is probably Ninetales and Skarmory, and even then, Skarm's pretty overhyped these days...

drake13

Ryukishi
For the GB player, does it work for battle and bike music as well, and what happens when you go into a new town or route, is still playing old music or the remixes?

maybe everywhere, as long as it's on...

DarkLegend

The Grand Draconian
I guess HGSS should totally tide us over until the 5th generation.
There is just so much to see and do.

LightingKimba

Listenin' t'Dragons!
And you could also change all the music to the Old GSC music

That sounds beautiful! The second I pick one up, it'll be on as long as I'm plaiyin' the game. ;p Old school's win, tbh

I wonder where all this sudden support for (Soul)Silver started. Back in the old days, everyone loved Gold, and always thought of Silver as less superior.

Luckily, I haven't ditched my main man Ho-oh. :D

Everyone seems to believe Silver's the bad game because of how it was treated back in the day. Now... People want the Silver game for treating it badly, kinda like, how you say, sayin' sorry?

And I've acquired a... Wait, what ribbon IS this? And why's Feebas near it?! Move, crazy fish!

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
That makes me soooo happy. Now everyone knows that soulsilver dominates. also i think that gamefreak made hg more for a female adience while ss is for males. i am getting both but im trading latias and kyogre from hg and all the version exclusives from pt to make ss my ultimate game. ok ill shut up now... :)

Why does Soul Silver dominate? i always played Gold and most of my friends also but some played Silver instead because they prefered Lugia , i just prefer gold because of Ho oh he become my favourite legendary and he still his when i played gold, and no im a guy and im straigh(no offense to gay ppl but he could come with some strange argument).

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
I want HeartGold more than I want SoulSilver.

I'm a Morty***, HeartGold has more Ho-Oh related stuff, therefore my choice is picked.

ANYWHOODLEDOODLE

I still love the hell out of the new Ecruteak music. Makes it sound like Kurain Village from Phoenix Wright a little bit~

Brave Birdy

I meant that HeartGold has Ursaring, which is an awesome pokémon, of course.
Yeah that's what I thought. I must admit, I didn't truly respect Ursaring until seeing Paul's in the anime, haha. But now I ADORE them and can't wait to raise my own belly drumming ursaring.

Egg move, I think. There is no Belly Drum tutor.

Ah thank you for reminding me :D
With all this new and awesome information, I'm getting everything mixed up, haha.

Chimchar15

I wonder where all this sudden support for (Soul)Silver started. Back in the old days, everyone loved Gold, and always thought of Silver as less superior.

Luckily, I haven't ditched my main man Ho-oh. :D

Same here. I don't know when or how this whole Silver, Lugia thing started, but I have and always be a fan of Ho-oh!

Last edited:

LightingKimba

Listenin' t'Dragons!
So Where is Shinto ruin exactly

From Joe's images, I can only assume it's way up North of Johto, probably somehow in Sinnoh, close to the Snowpoint Temple. Buut, that's all speculation on my part. Sorry if I'm not help. ;^^

Some more interesting info from PokeBeach that might be of interest to you guys.

# When trading from these games to DPPt, your Pokemon's Apricorn Poke Balls are changed to regular Poke Balls.
# Caught a shiny Magnemite. Its field sprite is shiny.
# Encountered Latios! As the encounter battle music plays, the camera moves all around you and gets blurry and then you see it like usual. Normal Pokemon battle music is playing. Latios is at level 35. We'll try to catch it to find out its attacks since it runs away as soon as you fight it or attempt to capture it.

DarkLegend

The Grand Draconian
Originally Posted by Shadow Eeveelution

Pocket Dimension. Joe said that Shinto is neither in Johto nor Sinnoh.
Plus you get TELEPORTED there

Last edited:

Wigglytuff FTW!

Oh hi thar
Man speaks the truth. The only superior thing SoulSilver has is probably Ninetales and Skarmory, and even then, Skarm's pretty overhyped these days...
Shanksyasverymush

SOMEWHERE NOT IN JOHTO.
That wasn't meant to be angry, more like ominous and other synonyms of ominous.

Now I have a question. Where do you go to catch Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza?

EDIT: An off-topic question. Why do my posts always start up a new page?

Status
Not open for further replies.