• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyKerpymon

Lan challenges you!
Uh...what?

Yeah, of course that's how it works. o_O I was just noting how we can do it in HGSS.

I know, I just feel like taking more pics and I don't know where xD

BCVM22

I just said stadium since I want minigames and gym leader castle to come back also.

Precisely what I meant when I said
Don't be foolish enough to think a name means anything but what gets printed on the game materials.

Pokémon Stadium is a name. Nothing more. It's meaningless. They could just as easily have not included that material in the two Stadium titles or they could just as easily have included them in Colosseum or XD or PBR, and then what would the complaint be?

The 3D battling titles are all part of the same line. Again, don't make the foolish mistake of assigning an inordinate amount of importance to nothing more than a name.

Pokémon Stadium is a name. Nothing more. It's meaningless. They could just as easily have not included that material in the two Stadium titles or they could just as easily have included them in Colosseum or XD or PBR, and then what would the complaint be?

The 3D battling titles are all part of the same line. Again, don't make the foolish mistake of assigning an inordinate amount of importance to nothing more than a name.

whatever dude, I just want a good 3d pokemon game

simpla as that

What he meant is that he wants the next PBR game to be like a "Pokémon Stadium 3", that is, having minigames and gym leaders and etcetera. PBR is in the same line of games as Stadium, but it isn't a "true Stadium" as it has no minigames and gym leaders at all, and he wants these elements back.

BCVM22

What he meant is that he wants the next PBR game to be like a "Pokémon Stadium 3", that is, having minigames and gym leaders and etcetera. PBR is in the same line of games as Stadium, but it isn't a "true Stadium" as it has no minigames and gym leaders at all, and he wants these elements back.

You're making the same error. A "true Stadium." What makes a "true Stadium," exactly? Some frivolous extra material?

I'll put it to you this way: what if PBR, identical to the game we got under that title, had been named "Pokémon Stadium 3"? What then? What would the argument be then? What if that's what they do next, releasing a title that serves largely as a successor to PBR under the defunct Stadium name and lacking in minigames or whatever the hell? What then?

This is foolish. The fandom assigns an erroneously large amount of value to crap like minigames. Is it that important that you be given the chance to catch sushi as a Lickitung again? Hey, I think I'll buy a battling title expecting minigames despite nothing indicating that any are to be found. That makes sense.

You're making the same error. A "true Stadium." What makes a "true Stadium," exactly? Some frivolous extra material?

I'll put it to you this way: what if PBR, identical to the game we got under that title, had been named "Pokémon Stadium 3"? What then? What would the argument be then? What if that's what they do next, releasing a title that serves largely as a successor to PBR under the defunct Stadium name and lacking in minigames or whatever the hell? What then?

This is foolish. The fandom assigns an erroneously large amount of value to crap like minigames. Is it that important that you be given the chance to catch sushi as a Lickitung again?

look a troll

KKInu

This is foolish. The fandom assigns an erroneously large amount of value to crap like minigames. Is it that important that you be given the chance to catch sushi as a Lickitung again? Hey, I think I'll buy a battling title expecting minigames despite nothing indicating that any are to be found. That makes sense.

Maybe so, but you know, maybe some people actually LIKE doing little things like minigames, they aren't really crap, they're there for people to have fun with. If you don't like them you don't have to do them but is it wrong for someone to want them? It's just a fun extra, like how there are different modes on some other fighting/battle games.

I don't care what its called.

BCVM22

And half the problem is that for some reason, such frivolities are put upon a pedestal and treated as the defining indicator of quality or lack thereof. Judge a game on its own merits, not on what it doesn't have.

The other half is that people seem to act as if they were promised such things from Day 1 despite no pre-release material showing anything of the sort.

Like the minigames all you want, just don't pretend they add anything but a few minutes worth of stuff with which to mess around and don't pretend that a game is magically better or worse for having/not having them.

zlxq3000

Master Collector
look a troll

The fact that you're a Mineral-Badge-level person who apparently hasn't encountered BCVM yet astounds me. Trolling is not what he does, not at all.

Last edited:

abgar

Fufufufu
If PBR ware named pokemon stadium 3, the problem would be that it would more of a downgrade to the previous tittle than an upgrade like most sequels try to be.

You know, if the concept of pokemon as a whole was only "choose a pokemon and fight, choose another one and fight again, thats it, have fun" it would be a very boring game.
Minigames and subquests are a very important addition, even more now that nintendo focuses on the casual gamer.

t00lb0x31

< AzurePride (White)
is there any news on version exclusives? with a bunch of sites covering there is bound to be something on them. you'd think that would be one of the first things serebii would cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.