• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

12Medbe

Don't know if this would count as spoilers for some, but ...

Did anyone else notice the amazing opening when you being to fight Red? Big wave of nostalgia.

http://i26.*******.com/35mi5qs.png

ahh G/S/C Pokeball! has anyone turned on their GB Player in the Poke Center?

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
I bet it's something super obvious that we're missing....I take it people have checked the SS Aqua trip? Both ways?

Who knows maybe he's only out at a very specific time, rather then just Morning, Day, Evening, Night

Maybe he's out at 0400 somewhere doing PT. :p (fanboyish response)

Hmm..or maybe he's helping that Machop/Machoke out? (crazy response)

Maybe he's going to challenge the E4 like his buddy Koga did...

Oh and it's funny the dojo is where you fight them all again. I was originally thinking Surge or Chuck (at the time when we didn't know about him) would be there...not that I posted that though. heh

Maybe he's out at 0400 somewhere doing PT. :p (fanboyish response)

Sorry we already made that joke.

Maybe you should talk to his trainers in the gym.

Did anyone else notice the amazing opening when you begin to fight Red? Big wave of nostalgia.

Yeah, it sucks if you ask me. :/ It looks way too out of place.

KKInu

Did anyone else notice the amazing opening when you begin to fight Red? Big wave of nostalgia.

Yeah! I saw that pic awhile ago. I think it's kinda neat, seeing that old thing stuck in a DS game ^_^ While I would've preferred Red getting his own VS. banner considering he's the strongest trainer in the game, I think getting hit with that huge wave of nostalgia is just as good.

R_N

Yeah, it sucks if you ask me. :/ It looks way too out of place.

I would have preferred a vs bar myself if only because I'm weird about everything having everything, but I think it's a nice little throwback, and you'll only ever see it for a few seconds at a time so it doesn't really bug me too much.

Omnitheo

i think it's perfect, nice throwback to the old games. I'm more dissapointed that he's standing alone on a mountaintop in the snow. It's a shame they don't have his pikachu out of it's ball

aiichu

Kris. <3
I don't think it's too bad. I mean, it's pretty much a nice thing for people who have gotten that far into the game, and are able to recognize it. I would have liked the VS bar too, now that I think about it. But this was really nice.

LightingKimba

Listenin' t'Dragons!
i think it's perfect, nice throwback to the old games. I'm more dissapointed that he's standing alone on a mountaintop in the snow. It's a shame they don't have his pikachu out of it's ball

I don't think Pikachu wants to try and figure out how Red learned how to stand in the cold snow for so many years.

aiichu

Kris. <3
... I just realized I was able to go on Cycling Road this whole time, and I only needed to have my bike equipped to be able to pass. And here I thought the guard was asking for water, or something.
-hits self-

... I just realized I was able to go on Cycling Road this whole time, and I only needed to have my bike equipped to be able to pass. And here I thought the guard was asking for water, or something.
-hits self-

Haha, epic. Wrong game.

Pikachu is getting sickk of the snow, It sneezes everytime it Thunderbolts. Pikachu: PIKAAAAAA-Choooooo!

BADUM PSSSH!!!

Poliwagged

BUT! you are allowed to keep "only one" Pokémon for judging. That specific Pokémon may be kept afterwards.

So, if you want to capture Scyther, Pinsir, Paras or Venonat, you need to participate in the contest several times just to get them all. It's quite sad, really. And here I was hoping that it would work similar to the Safari Zone. Goshdarnit.

Um, that's how it worked in the original G/S...

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
Finally, Bug Catching Contest details! This is one of the features I was really happy to hear was back for HGSS. Gonna get me a nice big Scyther.

Ammako

GB player looks promising!
This seems like a stupid question, but is it possible to revert back to HG/SS music?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Well, I've been reading some pages, and I got ONE single question.
What is that GB player thing that is being talked about?
It's makes the Game sound like a Gameboy, not a DS. I Like both GTS Tunes in GB style!

I think It is possible to revert, but I've not got it yet.

Brandon96

Dark Trainer
Well, I've been reading some pages, and I got ONE single question.
What is that GB player thing that is being talked about?

Basically you turn it on, and it replaces the Music you hear to the Old Gameboy (GB) music from Gold and Silver. I'd use that every once in awhile.

Also, I like the pokeball from G/S, I think it brings back memories, though a Vs. Banner would have been cool too.

kemal07

I'm sure theres alot of people here who have imported these games.
May I kindly ask of you to show us a photo of the gym leader art within the instruction booklet

Status
Not open for further replies.