• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon96

Dark Trainer
thanks but i meant sugimori art not sprites :D

Ah, sorry, I don't know if there are any, though I think I remember someone mentioning the there is one of Bugsy somewhere.

R_N

Ah, sorry, I don't know if there are any, though I think I remember someone mentioning the there is one of Bugsy somewhere.

Yeah, Bugsy is the only one we've seen, and that's just because he was in the manual. Hopefully the official site will be updated with them soon enough.

Still find it odd that Oak didn't get an updated art considering he got a new suit, if only for the intro of the game.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Man, GF is determined to cram everything in the history of the games into HGSS, aren't they? The Safari Zone is back(which is nice, I suppose...although I hate having to catch anything in those things), you can get one starter from each region except Shinou(gee, I wonder why?!?), you can get almost every non-event, non-Shinou Legendary using a combo of HG and SS(and you can still get Dialga, Palkia, or Giratina if you get the event Arceus!), you can change Rotom forms without an event item(although that obviously had to happen eventually, or else they'd have to pretend the various Rotom forms never existed), there's the Battle Frontier(faithfully copied and pasted from Platinum. I'm sure that took so much effort to get into HGSS.), there are contests the Pokethlon thingamabobs...now we'll get the relatively bare-bones initial versions for Gen 5 and be completely disappointed.

Although I guess the ridiculous legend/starter availability makes sense, since it's the era of the DSripoff...I mean, DSi now, and they have to make sure kids still want to buy the shiny new DSi. If they needed the GBA games to get all those legendaries & starters, then kids might buy the *gasp* DSlite! And we can't have that, now can we?

BCVM22

So... the point is that you're looking high and low for something to dump on but just can't find anything?

R_N

Although I guess the ridiculous legend/starter availability makes sense, since it's the era of the DSripoff...I mean, DSi now, and they have to make sure kids still want to buy the shiny new DSi. If they needed the GBA games to get all those legendaries & starters, then kids might buy the *gasp* DSlite! And we can't have that, now can we?

Or (GASP) they want to round out the remainder of the pokemon not available between D & P when they first came out (lollllzzzzz before the DSi).
Besides with the GBA dead, new fans would probably not get them regardless.

greywolf123

It seems to be the case for sure. Though I never really understood what complaining did, especially since most of the most outspoken ones are the ones who will buy it first thing. Interesting.

So... the point is that you're looking high and low for something to dump on but just can't find anything?

Seems so.

And I guess it's been asked already, but did anyone find that "white rock" in Kanto Oak talked about in Platinum, or was it just a "red herring" (in the most comprehensive meaning of the word)?

Chimchar15

Yeah, Bugsy is the only one we've seen, and that's just because he was in the manual. Hopefully the official site will be updated with them soon enough.

Still find it odd that Oak didn't get an updated art considering he got a new suit, if only for the intro of the game.

The site should be updated tonight or tomorrow.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Serebii can you give us maybe the text in the notebook so we can translate it? Also the Brock thing could be our clue. Maybe Surge wants a thunder Fang Rhydon so he can have an element of surprise. MoL Oak was a lying *******.

Chimchar15

Man, GF is determined to cram everything in the history of the games into HGSS, aren't they? The Safari Zone is back(which is nice, I suppose...although I hate having to catch anything in those things), you can get one starter from each region except Shinou(gee, I wonder why?!?), you can get almost every non-event, non-Shinou Legendary using a combo of HG and SS(and you can still get Dialga, Palkia, or Giratina if you get the event Arceus!), you can change Rotom forms without an event item(although that obviously had to happen eventually, or else they'd have to pretend the various Rotom forms never existed), there's the Battle Frontier(faithfully copied and pasted from Platinum. I'm sure that took so much effort to get into HGSS.), there are contests the Pokethlon thingamabobs...now we'll get the relatively bare-bones initial versions for Gen 5 and be completely disappointed.

What about Pal Park? Last time I checked you can't use that on DSi.

Cobalt_Latios

I never really made a proper educated thought about that, but now that I think of it, it seems to be. You've pretty much summed it up.

Is it bad that I'm actually contemplating on getting a DSi because of this, even though I don't really need it?

edit:
What about Pal Park? Last time I checked you can't use that on DSi.
It's for those of us that know of the existence of the GBA versions and still use them to some extent.

<C_L>

Last edited:

R_N

Seems so.

And I guess it's been asked already, but did anyone find that "white rock" in Kanto Oak talked about in Platinum, or was it just a "red herring" (in the most comprehensive meaning of the word)?

Roark also threw one out, "hinting" at there being an underground in Kanto/Johto. Unless he was talking about the one path in Kanto and the Whirl Islands, but I doubt it.

I love Celebi's sprite haha, so much less static than the others!

Joe, also please make a calendar of events. :D

BCVM22

Is it bad that I'm actually contemplating on getting a DSi because of this, even though I don't really need it?

I would say spending $180 on anything you don't really need is bad at least to some degree.

It's for those of us that know of the existence of the GBA versions and still use them to some extent.

So... if you don't know that Pokémon has games on the GBA, you aren't allowed to use Pal Park?

Pal Park is there because slowly phasing out dependence on the 3rd gen titles doesn't mean they've all magically disappeared nor does the release of the DSi and its production alongside the Lite mean that all of the world's Lite units have spontaneously combusted.

Bleh

Roark also threw one out, "hinting" at there being an underground in Kanto/Johto. Unless he was talking about the one path in Kanto and the Whirl Islands, but I doubt it.

That makes me wonder what would happen if someone hacked in the Explorer Kit and used it.

Omnitheo

It's a sign that this is the end of the generation. Gen 3 managed to get all existing pokemon available by the end of the gen by making FR/LG and adding in areas with johto pkmn.

Gen 4 has managed to include all pokemon without using gen 3

BCVM22

That makes me wonder what would happen if someone hacked in the Explorer Kit and used it.

Likely nothing. It's rather unlikely that they programmed the entire Underground in there and then nonchalantly decided to scrap it.

I guess it being Kanto and Johto will be back in 5th--

So. I guess Roark really just wants to being the underground to Kanto/Johto, but he has a long way ahead... But seriously, I want to know about this white rock. What if it's an event-only area (related to that Rock Capsule)? I wonder when we will get any confirmation of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.