• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KKInu

Hopefully, the US versions have them switched. I'm pretty sure Donphan and Ursaring were switched around in the originals. So, I hope the same happens again. I want to be able to catch a Phanphy/Donphan for my team, but I'm getting Soul Silver since I got Silver originally.

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for too. But I can't help but wonder if the english editors will find it to be too much of a bother to swap the coding for it considering there's a hell lot more stuff XP.

oh well, we'll see.

Grei

not the color
AUGGHHH!!! I don't want Donphan to be in HG! ;_;. Now I have to accept two of my favorites are in HG (Growlithe, Phanpy). Still playing SS though, for nostalgia's sake. I like Skarmory, and well, Silver has always been my favorite of the two metals/colors. Since I'll be buying both anyway I'll just go n' trade.

Or you could ask someone on these forums to catch you a Phanpy and a Growlithe and trade with them. If it's Pokemon like that, and they aren't too rare, you could give them Pidgeys (or SoulSilver-exclusive Pokemon) in return. Easy fix.

I, for one, only ever played Crystal for Johto, so I can happily pick HGSS and use Growlithe and Phanpy! ^^

(NOTE: This isn't to rub in KKInu's face--I like those two Pokemon a lot, too, and planned on using them both.)

EDIT: Wasn't the Donphan-Ursaring switch a mistake or something? It really doesn't make any sense to switch them. I think they'll stay the same.

KKInu

Or you could ask someone on these forums to catch you a Phanpy and a Growlithe and trade with them. If it's Pokemon like that, and they aren't too rare, you could give them Pidgeys (or SoulSilver-exclusive Pokemon) in return. Easy fix.

I, for one, only ever played Crystal for Johto, so I can happily pick HGSS and use Growlithe and Phanpy! ^^

(NOTE: This isn't to rub in KKInu's face--I like those two Pokemon a lot, too, and planned on using them both.)

EDIT: Wasn't the Donphan-Ursaring switch a mistake or something? It really doesn't make any sense to switch them. I think they'll stay the same.

They may or may not switch them for the sake of appeasing the fans who were used to it the other way around *shrug*

It's okay though really, I think I can just play both games and trade around.

Jigglypuff5000

They may or may not switch them for the sake of appeasing the fans who were used to it the other way around *shrug*

It's okay though really, I think I can just play both games and trade around.

Indeed. Plus, don't most of us have all these pokémon on our DPPt carts anyway? And we can trade right off the bat, so yeah... Tis a win / win scenario really.

KKInu

Indeed. Plus, don't most of us have all these pokémon on our DPPt carts anyway? And we can trade right off the bat, so yeah... Tis a win / win scenario really.

Actually, I've yet to come across a Phanpy swarm -_-' I haven't been playing the games as often since school started so I have less chances of getting the swarms I want. Usually the swarms that occur tend to be oens of Pokemon I already have.

Sushi Dragonfire

Feel the power
Do Phanpys swarm? I thought they were dongled...
You can just pal park em in, too, I suppose.

rails

Ive got a question. Are super contests still in the game, when i heard crasher wake handed out accesories i got really hopeful but i think accesories might just be used for pictures now :(

umbreon1111

Pokemon Master

Growlithe uses firered to dogle, but phanpy is swarm. i think i have them both anyway so i dont mind trading. i can always bread some more

Sushi Dragonfire

Feel the power
No, no contests.

Does anyone know what happens if you enter a bug catching contest, then close the DS and leave for an hour? Does the contest end when you come back?

KKInu

Phanpys swarm.

I haven't owned a Phanpy OR a Donphan since my good old Silver days. They were always one of my favorite pokemon but since I'm a casual player I never sought out one in R/S/E and in D/P/Pt you have to wait for swarm alerts which a certain pokemon can happen on any random day.

Now's my chance to catch one during in-game storyline.

Illusione-Tempus

LOL?
- NewBark Town
- Olivine
- Goldenrod Underground
- Route 35 [1st time only]
- In front of the Pokéthlon building
- National Park
- Ilex Forest
- Ruins of Alph, outside and inside
- The Route after Blackthorn
- Ice Cave
- the Lake of Rage has probably got one
- I believe I saw one in front of the daycare...
and that must be it for johto, although I believe every single route and cave has one depending on the day of the week

Alright, I lost :p
But then again, we'll be seeing lots of backgrounds am I right? :)

Jordy Kieto

ahh the partner pokemon page should really updated think we should have some better screenshots; overworld sprites and lists of findable items

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
Growlithe uses firered to dogle, but phanpy is swarm. i think i have them both anyway so i dont mind trading. i can always bread some more

What is this "dogle" (dongle, w/e lol) thing?

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
I'm kinda depressed... pretty much everything has been figured out in less than a week. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( and we're almost to 8000 posts... but it will barely surpass that...

I kinda wish they'd switch teddy and phanpy for my 2ndary Silver... but I suppose I can just do a trade...

umbreon1111

Pokemon Master
What is this "dogle" (dongle, w/e lol) thing?

dongle is when you stick an gameboy advance pokemon game into your ds while playing pearl/diamond/platinum. this lets you catch pokemon you normally cant find

Sushi Dragonfire

Feel the power
Dongle is what you call putting a GBA game in the GBA stot of the DS, causing pokemon to appear in places they don't normally. For example, fire red puts growlithe in route 201.

EDIT: Oops, looks like I was beaten to the punch ^^ And come on, let's make this to 8000 posts! BUMP! *shot numerous times*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.