• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Well Red and Blue/Green were both named by the player. Unlike Brendan, May, Dawn, etc., there were no official names. So, if they ever did decide to name Red, they could do so without screwing up the continuity (aside from G/S/C, of course).

I'm talking about the default name. One of the male playable character's default names is Red. It's actually the first on the list. It's also one of the most poplular choices :p

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Anyone else upset that the slot machines are gone? I am. Also kind of angry at the names of TR. I liked the actual real-life rockets names.

Lorde

Anyone else upset that the slot machines are gone? I am. Also kind of angry at the names of TR. I liked the actual real-life rockets names.

Well to be honest, I had a feeling they'd change the names since Lance was already a main character's name. I figured they might as well change all the names for those stylish Rockets.

At least they kept their meaning.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Well to be honest, I had a feeling they'd change the names since Lance was already a main character's name. I figured they might as well change all the names for those stylish Rockets.

At least they kept their meaning.

Yeah.

I just re-read the spoilers in the news again, and the slots are based off minesweeper. I missed that at first, so I'm good now. lol.

Chris

Old Coot
All of the Rocket execs still have names based off of rockets and the Japanese meanings.

Lorde

They did? Please explain :). If nothing else I'm glad that they seem to be more carefully considering what they re-name characters.

Proton and Petrel are still rockets, and Arianna and Archer both stem from Greek origins, just like their Japanese names (Athena and Apollo).

Last edited:

V Faction

www.faction.com
So Red is Red and Blue is Blue, but actually he's Green, and Green is Blue, she's also Leaf, but she doesn't exist, and Gold can be Silver and Silver can be Gold but neither one is Heart nor Soul, and in actuallity Gold is Hibiki is Yoshi is Jimmy is Ethan, and Crystal is Crystal, but she isn't Dani nor Marina, but she isn't Soul or Kris, cause Soul is Kotone, and Kotone is Lyra, Lucas isn't Diamond, Jun isn't Pearl, but he's Barry, and Hikari is Dawn, followed by Ruby and Sapphire, who are really Brendan and May, and Emerald is Wally, except he isn't, he's Emerald, and of course Wataru is Lance, but Lance isn't Lance, he's Proton, which rhymes with Charon, who is Pluto, even though Saturn is Saturn, Mars is Mars, and Jupiter is Jupiter.

Pokemon Characters have the worst case of Identity Crisis I've ever seen!

Fizz

So Red is Red and Blue is Blue, but actually he's Green, and Green is Blue, she's also Leaf, but she doesn't exist, and Gold can be Silver and Silver can be Gold but neither one is Heart nor Soul, and in actuallity Gold is Hibiki is Yoshi is Jimmy is Ethan, and Crystal is Crystal, but she isn't Dani nor Marina, but she isn't Soul or Kris, cause Soul is Kotone, and Kotone is Lyra, Lucas isn't Diamond, Jun isn't Pearl, but he's Barry, and Hikari is Dawn, followed by Ruby and Sapphire, who are really Brendan and May, and Emerald is Wally, except he isn't, he's Emerald, and of course Wataru is Lance, but Lance isn't Lance, he's Proton, which rhymes with Charon, who is Pluto, even though Saturn is Saturn, Mars is Mars, and Jupiter is Jupiter.

Clear as Dan... Marin... Crystal.

Fizz

I'm so glad Nintendo named the female trainer after me! ;)

That's how I felt when the Pokémon Ranger 2 character was named Kellyn. I mean, of all the names, and even SPELLINGS, to choose from, it happened to be mine. I'm honored. :D

EDIT: Wow, what a fitting rank-up.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
I don't see why they named Gold Ethan. I will never understand why they did that. I would have been fine if they had put Jimmy.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
I am pleased with the new names. But I do have a problem with one of them, why the hell Jade Orb? It makes no sense why it could have just stayed Green.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
I am pleased with the new names. But I do have a problem with one of them, why the hell Jade Orb? It makes no sense why it could have just stayed Green.

Jade is a shade of green. It's also a jewel so it would make sense

zlxq3000

Master Collector
I don't see why they named Gold Ethan. I will never understand why they did that. I would have been fine if they had put Jimmy.

Or they could've just stuck with the Hiro/Taylor/Karl//Kamon/Oscar/Max that were his original names. But it doesn't matter. I'm willing to bet that 'Jimmy' wasn't an option because that reference might be a bit obscure; we all know who Jimmy is, but I doubt a lot of pokemon fans know who he is. If he ever does appear in the anime again, I don't think they'll retcon his name, so there's nothing to worry about. I mean, considering that 'Marina' isn't a choice for Kris's name at all, but they still named her that in the anime, they can do pretty much whatever they want with the names in the anime.

SilverMorty

I like the Archer name actually :)

Remindes me of Fate Stay Night Archer lol

I'm not really feeling the name Proton lol. Ethan's a cool name.

I like the Jade Orb, sounds more...legendary than just 'green' orb, even though it doesn't match the Red and Blue orb in name.

Honest Eyes

Sayōnara...

Could I sig that? Anyway I like the main character names just not the rocket's names. I mean PROTON? PETREL?

Last edited:

Lugion

You win teh Internetz.

I kinda like the names, to be honest. But I do wish the Rocket Execs had followed some kind of theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.