• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuu-Anima

Sera Kureseria
So Red is Red and Blue is Blue, but actually he's Green, and Green is Blue, she's also Leaf, but she doesn't exist, and Gold can be Silver and Silver can be Gold but neither one is Heart nor Soul, and in actuallity Gold is Hibiki is Yoshi is Jimmy is Ethan, and Crystal is Crystal, but she isn't Dani nor Marina, but she isn't Soul or Kris, cause Soul is Kotone, and Kotone is Lyra, Lucas isn't Diamond, Jun isn't Pearl, but he's Barry, and Hikari is Dawn, followed by Ruby and Sapphire, who are really Brendan and May, and Emerald is Wally, except he isn't, he's Emerald, and of course Wataru is Lance, but Lance isn't Lance, he's Proton, which rhymes with Charon, who is Pluto, even though Saturn is Saturn, Mars is Mars, and Jupiter is Jupiter.

Pokemon Characters have the worst case of Identity Crisis I've ever seen!

... Is it a bad thing that I actually UNDERSTOOD all of that? Or is it worse that that's the way things run through my head, too?

I foresee many headsplosions by others who read this.

Ammako

I actually like the new Game Corner in the non-Japanese games.
Having something else besides Game Slots is nice, considering Japan isn't even getting that.

And besides, I can just play the slots in Japanese SoulSilver if I want to.

Minesweeper FTW!

denizenofevil

Sweet! I'm a pro at minesweeper. I think I might like this version of the game corner more than the previous ones. I foresee myself spending hours there. I like Lyra's name although it doesn't change the way I feel about her design and her stupid hat. Ethan's okay. I just wish they kept Apollo and Athena's names.

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/4918/f7ef33fa.jpg

A wild fake appeared!

(just posting it now so people don't come here tomorrow with this same pic saying "omg guys it's from CoroCoro!!!!")

(even though it really looks real lol)

(but it isn't until CoroCoro is released, at least)

Ammako

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/4918/f7ef33fa.jpg

A wild fake appeared!

(just posting it now so people don't come here tomorrow with this same pic saying "omg guys it's from CoroCoro!!!!")

(even though it really looks real lol)

(but it isn't until CoroCoro is released, at least)

Yeah, so obvious that it's fake.
Especially considering it says "2010 Pokomon" and "Copyright 1995 - 2010 Nintondo / Greatures inc. / GAME FLEAK inc." at the very bottom.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Oh yeah, that is fake, that pic was running around yesterday. And the website it came from said it was fake too courtesy of google translate. =P

But...it's not HG/SS discussion so let's not talk about that, please. :p

Personally I like Archer, although I do prefer the other Japanese names over their english counterparts with the Rockets (Lance would be too confusing for people though. There's only one Lance. ;P).

SmartD

I checked the English names for the Rocket Executives. They're pretty good, and so is the english name for Hibiki. And the Voltorb minigame is good, but I'm terrible at Minesweeper.

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
Huh page 666, interesting. Time for someone to post a picture of Houndoom. lol..

Anyway interesting name changes. Only one that bothers me is Athena, but I'll get over it.

Nice to get some new info though. -;248;

Ammako

But seriously, if you need tips for minesweeper, you can always ask me.
I'm pro at it.

When you click on a spot, the number that appears indicates how many mines are around it.
If the spot says 1 and there's only one square around it, obviously there's a mine there.
If a spot says 1, but you alerady marked a mine around it, there's nothing around it and you can safely click everywhere around that spot.

This is about the same process for every different number.

But anyway, are we even sure that the minesweeper minigame is gonna be the same as on the computer, except with coin bonuses?

Godric

Petrew Petrew

But seriously, if you need tips for minesweeper, you can always ask me.
I'm pro at it.

When you click on a spot, the number that appears indicates how many mines are around it.
If the spot says 1 and there's only one square around it, obviously there's a mine there.
If a spot says 1, but you alerady marked a mine around it, there's nothing around it.

This is about the same process for every different number.

But anyway, are we even sure that the minesweeper minigame is gonna be the same as on the computer, except with coin bonuses?

THAT'S HOW YOU PLAY MINESWEEPER?! I swear I did not know. I will think this as a good omen and play the slo... Minesweeper -__-

Ammako

So sad, I liked those fake Pokes for 5th. lol

Anyway, I am liking that there are no longer 2 Lances... Haha.

There never were two Lances.

The Elite Four Champion is Wataru in the Japanese games.
The Team Rocket Executive is Lance in the Japanese games.

hitoshura0

Actually, given what was said about the game, I think it'll be even easier than computer minesweeper. You're told how many voltorb are in each row/ column, meaning with low numbers of voltorb per grid, you shouldn't need too much to figure out where they all are. It should play pretty close to Codebreaker if you ever played Persona 1, except in arranging the numbers, it's selecting which ones have multipliers. I would imagine higher multipliers indicate "mines" nearby, ala Minesweeper, so the stated sweeper theory should work. Its just impossible to tell without seeing the game.
Example:
0[x][x][x][x][x]
1[x][x][x][x][x]
0[x][x][x][x][x]
2[x][x][x][x][x]
0[x][x][x][x][x]
0|1||0||0||1||1|
Where [x]= selectable spot and there are 3 voltorbs in the spread.

I will say I'm looking forward to this, with its more skill based mechanics vs the slots.

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
Crap, missed 666....

So not slots... I didnt know... thats how you play minesweeper? wow. Looks easy... But I liekd the slots, belive it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.