• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

K-B-K

If you're talking to me, thanks.

If not, then oops.

So my game itself and Serebii have confirmed that Tin Tower is now called Bell Tower.

Also a bit of a dissapoint, your mom no longer gives you the Pokegear right at the beginnning.

I thought that see gave it to you after you get your starter? o_O

That's what I saw in a video this morning.

K-B-K

If you're talking to me, thanks.

If not, then oops.

So my game itself and Serebii have confirmed that Tin Tower is now called Bell Tower.

Also a bit of a dissapoint, your mom no longer gives you the Pokegear right at the beginnning.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero

In GSC, after you set the time and day, when you walked downstairs for the first time, your mom would say "Your PokeGear came back from the Repair Shop" and then gives it to you. Instead in HGSS she gives you your bag, trainer card, and the ability to save and change options.

aclover

VICTORiOUS

RuinsofPoli

Goodbye... DP
Alright final team is planned out these are the baby forms or whatever that I'll catch them in. :p

Totodile--> Feraligatr
Pidgey--> Pidgeot
Magmar--> Magmar :p
Eevee--> Espeon
Chinchou--> Lanturn
Hoppip--> Jumpluff

Haha, I'd say theres about a 45% chance that I'll follow this. :p I usually just run around and catch whatever. :)

Last edited:

jabs4

Bought my game about an hour ago. If the box is any indication of how epically awesome this game is going to be, its going to be a damn good game. I'll probably start playing it later on once I finish reading over the PokeWalker instruction booklet. :cool:

Piplup~Luver

Squirtle
Bought my game about an hour ago. If the box is any indication of how epically awesome this game is going to be, its going to be a damn good game. I'll probably start playing it later on once I finish reading over the PokeWalker instruction booklet. :cool:

You do this to? I can't play a game without going over the instruction booklet first...even if I know how to play it (especially in this case, Pokemon is always the same).

Anyway, I hope to get mine before 12.

Riversong

Buggy down.
My dad's heading up to Target for some food, and since I reserved HG there he's going to pick that up as well. Ahh can't wait! I always end up reading the booklet for it before playing lol.

Last edited:

NoirTHECHA

Son Of Godric!!!
Just got mine after wanting to check if there was a line at ganestop because they were opening at ten but they opened at nine after they lied to me xD. I was the only one there but they had like a bunch of guides behind the counter

chiper12

Artsy Smeargle
Bleh, need to wait for my brother to drop the car off before I can pick up the game. Also, do you mean mine?

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
the guide is good to have. i picked it up this morning with the game. looks cool, has good info.. also a nice collectors item.

I agree.

I got both games and the guide around 9:30 this morning. Really enjoying Soul Silver. I'm up to Violet city.

If anyone is worried about not getting a figure with their preorder, My gamestop had like 4 boxes of figures so I'm pretty sure if you get their sometime in the morning you'll be fine.

Now back to my game..:)

-;248;

halloweenghost

Went in this morning to pick up Heartgold. I was their first customer.. it went smoothly with no problems. They did not even check for ID this time :) got my ho oh preorder figurine. I'm about to go play! lol

Heartgold.jpg

RuinsofPoli

Goodbye... DP
Just got back from getting my Soul Silver. They just opened so it was relatively empty. Although only 1 Copy was gone so far. Guess I was lucky. Hope I enjoy it!

ForeverFlame

I have to wait 8 more days until I can get the money to buy HeartGold, lol. But oh well, it's not like I'm dying to play it. I waited two months for Platinum and two weeks for LeafGreen (I got Diamond three days early though!), so I will survive somehow.

I was originally going to get SoulSilver but I decided last minute to get HeartGold. Isn't that weird? I figured that HeartGold was more true to Johto's Japanese theme, and the Ho-Oh Event is FAR superior to the Lugia one. But I'll probably get SoulSilver for Christmas anyway. I own every single Pokemon game (RBYGSCRSEFRLGDPPl), so it would be weird for me not to own the both of these.

TSL

Mischievous.
Woot! The wait till 11 am was painful and the night was long, but I drove off at 10:52 and got to Best Buy at 11:03...went to customer service and dished out $74 for both games...playing SoulSilver now! AWESOME!

Cobalt_Latios

Is the guide worth buying?
Cause the Platinum guide had both Pokedexes and this one only has the Johto.
Don't forget, Platinum was after Diamond and Pearl. By that point, people were more knowledged with things. In that case, they had to really crank up the content to make up for it.

I agree.

I got both games and the guide around 9:30 this morning. Really enjoying Soul Silver. I'm up to Violet city.

If anyone is worried about not getting a figure with their preorder, My gamestop had like 4 boxes of figures so I'm pretty sure if you get their sometime in the morning you'll be fine.

Now back to my game..:)

-;248;
My store didn't open until 11:00am, but I was there at 9:00am to guarantee my figuri-I mean, game. I was actually kind of surprised that there was such a large group of people waiting in front of EB Games. That kind of made my pleased though, to know that the Pokemon franchise still has that kind of power.

Went in this morning to pick up Heartgold. I was their first customer.. it went smoothly with no problems. They did not even check for ID this time :) got my ho oh preorder figurine. I'm about to go play! lol

Heartgold.jpg
Swap out Heart Gold with Soul Silver and it's about the same with me.

I'll post a link to me opening it too (I'm really not very good with this).

I am so damn happy with this. The figuring might be small, but it's quite "majestic" so to speak. Currently playing it right now.

*tries not to cry*

The touch screen, I mean..., the touch screen is now used for the menu. Oh god. YEEESSSS!!!!!

So happy. So damn happy.

edit: you know that guide person that you meet in Cherrygrove? Instead of giving you a Pokegear app, he instead gives you the Running Shoes.

C_L

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.