• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
Well I got my games at about 12:30. I had to wait in a pretty long line but it moved fairly quick. Anyways am playing soulsilver now and love it ^^

12Medbe

SoulSilver is amazing so far! Got both versions from GameStop, I reserved them back in September of 09, GameStop talked me into buying a Strategy Guide as well.

Only thing that annoys me is that the guide is Volume 1, It doesnt cover anything after The Elite 4, meaning that Volume II will cover the rest. ugh.

Cobalt_Latios

Well, I finally got to Violet city... spent about an hour level grinding a few pokes to around level 8 as "reserves". Seeing as I know what my team is going to look like in advance, I can easily prep for it earlier. Also, traded over my Riolu Egg from Platinum and am currently in the "process" of getting it hatched. Probably won't use it much. Might just try and get it's happiness up a bit, send it to the pokewalker and hope that solves things. I may do another trade to get soothe bell on Riolu, then tomorrow morning, evolve it asap.

Riolu is my ace against Whitney (I've heard they made her more difficult than before).

Has anyone noticed that when you're walking on different surfaces (ground, grass, tiles) the noise your footsteps make changes? So much detail in this game. I love it!!!

edit:
SoulSilver is amazing so far! Got both versions from GameStop, I reserved them back in September of 09, GameStop talked me into buying a Strategy Guide as well.
I'll probably get HeartGold this summer as well. I seems a lot of people are getting both versions. Why not? You pay about $80 for 2 games, in which both have a ridiculous amount of play time. Sounds like a damn good deal to me.

Only thing that annoys me is that the guide is Volume 1, It doesnt cover anything after The Elite 4, meaning that Volume II will cover the rest. ugh.
Yeah, I was going to go ahead and purchase the guide when I heard about the discount, but when I saw how thin it actually was... didn't really bother with it. Might get it later, knowing they'll release volume 2 in due time. Problem is... I may have to get it online... again.

C_L

Last edited:

Mr Plow

Bioshock Trainer
I'm just wondering. I have obsesive diposive disorder. It means that I have to hhave things a certain way. Like in Pearl, I think I will play Dawn because its pink and get Piplup. Im getting SS, and I don't know if I should get Cynidquil, Totadile or Chickorita. Cyndiquil is on the back of the SS box, but Gold is the male lead and he is for heart gold. And i don't want to be a girl and get Chikorita. And if their is a Cyrstal, will I get Totadile. I need HELP!!!!!!!!!! P.S. Not ttrying to be sexist. Some people may get that impression Sorry. ;156;

MasterChaos45

*Sigh* Man, I Guess i won't be starting anytime soon, I don't have a car, I have church in two hours, and my mom is taking a shower. I'll have to wait till tomorrow most likely. :'(

K-B-K

I'm just wondering. I have obsesive diposive disorder. It means that I have to hhave things a certain way. Like in Pearl, I think I will play Dawn because its pink and get Piplup. Im getting SS, and I don't know if I should get Cynidquil, Totadile or Chickorita. Cyndiquil is on the back of the SS box, but Gold is the male lead and he is for heart gold. And i don't want to be a girl and get Chikorita. And if their is a Cyrstal, will I get Totadile. I need HELP!!!!!!!!!! P.S. Not ttrying to be sexist. Some people may get that impression Sorry. ;156;

Well, Gold chose Cyndaquil in the anime (although, he is called Jimmy in it) so maybe you should chose Cyndaquil?

By the way, nice to see everyon is enjoying HG/SS. Too bad I have to wait until 26th March. :( Still, I like the build up to games.

pokemaster394

JESUS FREAK
Nintendo has really impressed me with this game! WOO! BTW, I just dominated Falkner with my Mareep! YEEHAW! Bugsy's next and I plan to win with a combination of Pidgeotto and Quilava!

pokemaster394

JESUS FREAK
Nintendo has really impressed me with this game! WOO! BTW, I just dominated Falkner with my Mareep! YEEHAW! Bugsy's next and I plan to win with a combination of Pidgeotto and Quilava! BRB, guys. Heading to church.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
This game is great. I've enjoyed it a lot. I really like the touch screen menu.

Question though: I'm in Azalea. Did I miss Rock Smash?

jorsian

I just got Soul Silver. I picked Chikorita as my starter, but I have had thoughts about "ditching" it. So far the game has been interesting, though I assume it will get more interesting as time goes on, and more options are enabled.

jorsian

I just got Soul Silver. I picked Chikorita as my starter, but I have had thoughts about "ditching" it. So far the game has been interesting, though I assume it will get more interesting as time goes on, and more options are enabled.

trade_me_for_a_celebi

Training to beat Red
/jealous. glad you all are having fun with it though... maybe some day I'll get these games.

Just started playing a few hours ago, picked chikorita as my first. It was somewhat hard getting past folkner but I managed and I'm having a blast!

lolo

This game is great. I've enjoyed it a lot. I really like the touch screen menu.

Question though: I'm in Azalea. Did I miss Rock Smash?

Instead of heading south when your leaving Violet City to Azalea, if you head north there is a guy standing by the weird tree that will give you rock smash.

UMMM I'm super mad.. I had made it all the way to Azalea when my DS started to die.. I plugged it in and continued on and then I encountered a Mareep and my game totally froze... no music, I couldn't move anything completely frozen. I tried a soft reset and nothing.. I had to restart my game and now I have to start all over ;( anyone ever heard of this happening? I'm letting my DS fully charge right now.. so sad..

Just started playing a few hours ago, picked chikorita as my first. It was somewhat hard getting past folkner but I managed and I'm having a blast!

Asrialys

I think you only get the discount if you went to EB/GS for it. I had that option, but then my total would have been about $50 as opposed to only $35 (Which means, the guide is about $18 with the discount... ouch. I think I'll wait a bit before I get it.)

The only reason I didn't bother because I'm in College and have already bought something that cost me well over $60... so you can see why I ain't gonna buy more than I need.

Besides, Serebii.net has pretty much everything I need for the time being anyhow.

C_L
Well, I only ask because PokeBeach received a tip from some Toys R Us employee about the events going on.

I don't technically need the guide, but I'm the type of person who always buys the guides.

Status
Not open for further replies.