• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
UMMM I'm super mad.. I had made it all the way to Azalea when my DS started to die.. I plugged it in and continued on and then I encountered a Mareep and my game totally froze... no music, I couldn't move anything completely frozen. I tried a soft reset and nothing.. I had to restart my game and now I have to start all over ;( anyone ever heard of this happening? I'm letting my DS fully charge right now.. so sad..

The exact same thing happened to both me and my little brother! My game randomly froze twice today, and my brother's only froze once. I'm not sure what caused it.

BCVM22

It's so stupid that we have to wait two weeks longer. The only thing they need to do is change the game to PAL.

Not true. Just because you don't understand the process involved doesn't change its necessity.

First, handhelds and their software are not affected by the international display standards; NTSC and PAL play zero role in anything handheld-related.

Second, what makes the time gap necessary is that they have to take the game and translate every single character of text into the numerous languages spoken throughout Europe; offhand, that's Spanish, Italian, German, Dutch, French and lord knows what else I'm forgetting. Once those numerous translations are done, copies of each language version of the game have to be manufactured and logistics have to be prepared for each country getting shipments of the game.

That process takes time, and as pointed out, you used to have to wait three months - you're waiting one-sixth of that this time. If you're in Europe, all of that applies to you regardless of whether you're in an English-speaking country or not, and if you're in Australia, it applies to you because you often get the UK version, which obviously can't ship to Australia until it's done and ready to go in the UK.

And because you're down under and the planes and boats have to make sure they're nice and secure and don't fall off the bottom of the planet.

K-B-K

I love how when you lot didn't have the games you were all complaining but one you've got them you start saying "stop complaining".

BCVM22

Point is that you're complaining about something that absolutely doesn't require complaining about. It's a required part of the interational localization process.

Let's put it this way: do you really believe that they would purposely delay the release of a Pokémon product, and a Pokémon core title at that, a product that essentially comes with a written guarantee of sales in the millions, any longer than absolutely necessary?

TruBlood

I sink my teeth in.
I picked up my SS today as well as a copy for my brother. I had such a busy day today that now that I finally feel like playing Im exausted. Not to mention my guide and HG won't be in until Wed. I think I'll start playing tomorrow when I have more rest.

halloweenghost

I love how when you lot didn't have the games you were all complaining but one you've got them you start saying "stop complaining".

yeah i would have still said it even if i did not have it yet...

What made me smile was interacting with my pokemon and seing "Chikorita is rolling in the grass" :)

Pokemonforever

Lucky my country gets the US version..

What made me smile was interacting with my pokemon and seing "Chikorita is rolling in the grass" :)

Mine said "Palkia is poking at your feet" o_O...

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard

unluckyred13

tHe blaCk sIlVeR
are there some trainer sprites that changed?

LimeStar

which obviously can't ship to Australia until it's done and ready to go in the UK.
I agree with the whole "just because you dont understand, doesnt mean its unnecessary" thing, but i'd like to point out, we already have copies in Australian shops, they just arent on sale til the 25th

ihartsnape

Evil Dark Lord
Has anyone else had one of the trainers on their PokeGear call them only to say someone else's name, then realize they dialed a wrong number, and hang up? That PokeGear phone is as bad as having a phone in real life.

Bank$

I didn't know you could keep the running shoes on, unlike Platinum where you had to hold down B to run. I found that real handy.

But I miss the 2 gear bike in Platinum.

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
It sounds great so far from reading all your posts, my game is still in the mail and i'm waiting for it's arrival, even though i'm not opening it until Sunday 21st (my birthday) by choice.

I love the idea that Pokemon get annoyed when you try to take items and the like <3

Johto King

2nd gen all the way!
School then running then homework and finally soul silver :)

Status
Not open for further replies.