• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Am I the only one a bit diappointed how they made some of the things easier in this game? Things like the puzzles at the Ruins of Alph. More importantly, some of the gym leaders. Falkner and Bugsy were more of a challenge than Whitney for crying out loud! Bugy's cocoons actually had Poison Sting and his Scyther was fast and had U-Turn. Falkner's Pidgeotto constantly kept using Roost! But Whitney? All her Miltank did was use Stomp. STOMP STOMP STOMP. I miss the challenge of Rollout and Milk Drink.

That's why I'm trying not to keep my pokemon too strong to make it more of a challenge

Cobalt_Latios

Am I the only one a bit diappointed how they made some of the things easier in this game? Things like the puzzles at the Ruins of Alph. More importantly, some of the gym leaders. Falkner and Bugsy were more of a challenge than Whitney for crying out loud! Bugy's cocoons actually had Poison Sting and his Scyther was fast and had U-Turn. Falkner's Pidgeotto constantly kept using Roost! But Whitney? All her Miltank did was use Stomp. STOMP STOMP STOMP. I miss the challenge of Rollout and Milk Drink.
Strange, I was simply caught off guard by Scyther using U-Turn, and Falkner was using Tackle.

Wait till you get to Chuck. Then you'll see what I mean by the Johto gym leaders having some knack to them.

As for Kanto, Lt. Surge loves to spam Double Team.

C_L

ijea4444

I don't know about anybody else, but my pokewalker is out of whack. :D

I took it and another pedometer out with me yesterday while I went jogging just to see what the both of them say since I've been suspicious about my pokewalker acting up before.
Sure enough, after I finished jogging the pokewalker was ahead of the other pedometer by THOUSANDS. They both started out at 0 steps, too.

Pokewalkers are purposefully made less sensitive than regular pedometers. The mechanism that prevents people for just leaving their pokewalker on the washer to rack up points is the same mechanism that is stopping you from getting the same amount of points as the other pedometer which gives you points for even the slightest tremble.

Warshadow

I'm Not Trading
I have 2 pokewalkers and I used them both starting at 0 and by the end of the day one of them was ahead of the other by several hundred steps.

warnerbroman

the Blue trainer
despite what serebii and marriland says

I ran into articuno before I got all the badges but not zapdos.

chosen_one386

Angel of Chaos
I don't have the game, but I've been wondering whether or not the time of day affects some of those giant windows (I think Misty's and Falkner's gyms have them) or if they just look sunny all the time.

The time does affect them, I believe I remember seeing darkness outside of Falkner's gym when I battled him last night. Time also affected windows in places like Sprout Tower and such, which is why I love the time feature so much.:)

Colli

Is it a waste to use the Pikachu Colored Pichu in your party? I'm thinking of removing the everstone and having it evolved, but will the pikachu that come's from it still be shiny then ?

D

Deleted member 11515

This topic has mutated from its original purpose into something very, very twisted. D:

*shudders*

*closes*

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.