• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

12Medbe

BCVM22

If you need to tell yourself that. It's more likely they were developed together as in "let's put this in the game and movie so we can cross promote HGSS" anyway

I don't need to "tell myself that," it's the truth. The franchise is not developed as a whole. Game Freak conceptualizes, creates, designs and outlines the Pokémon, the regions, the just-about-everything. Once those designs and outlines are finalized, they're forwarded to the creative staffs for the anime and the various manga, who set about adapting them as they do.

It sounds like you're the one swimming in a certain river in Egypt, not me.

And why do you think Pikachu is the mascot of the franchise? Nothing in the original R/B/G would lead you to that conclusion. The anime has turned Pikachu into what he is today. Point is moot.

As for Espeon, seriously? That's like saying a random guy that you'd battle in D/P/Pt represents the first gen just because he a Squirtle on his team. That doesn't work. -_-

No. Pikachu was chosen to be Ash's pokémon because they decided he'd be the mascot. You're getting everything in the inverse way. And Red is not a random guy, damnit. And you know it.

Sabonea_Masukippa

You keep telling yourself that.

If you don't have a rebuttal why bother?

But tell me, if he wasn't in the movie, would he have been in the game? You need a movie event pokemon to unlock him. It seems to me he is in the games because he's in the movie because he's in the games. I mean it would be inconceivable that the anime and games groups conversed back and forth a little and came up with something together?
There's very little proof either way. And note, BCVM, I'm not saying the Pichu is in HGSS, I'm saying hes in both because both camps decided ti was a good idea.
Anyway, that Crusher Wake pic was seen here yesterday, but I guess not everyone saw it in the rush. According to serebii that's near the Safari Zone.

Last edited:

Lucario Master Chris

Master of Psychics
Gym Leader Changes

Since I don't think anyone else has done this, here is a compleate list of the Gym Leaders new teams and what changed from G/S/C:

Johto Gym Leaders

Falkner
Pidgey Lv.9 (up 2)
Pidgeotto Lv. 13 (up 4)

Bugsy
Metapod Lv.15 (up 1)
Kakuna Lv.15 (up 1)
Sycther Lv.17 (up 1)

Whitney
Clefairy Lv.17 (down 1)
Miltank Lv. 19 (down 1)

Morty
Gastly Lv.21 (unchanged)
Haunter Lv.21 (unchanged)
Haunter Lv.23 (unchanged)
Gengar Lv. 25 (unchanged)

Chuck
Primeape Lv.29 (up 2)
Poliwarth Lv.31 (up 1)

Jasmine
Magnemite Lv.30 (unchanged)
Magnemite Lv.30 (unchanged)
Steelix Lv.35 (unchanged)

Pryce
Seel Lv.30 (up 3)
Dewgong Lv. 32 (up 3)
Piloswine Lv.34 (up 3)

Clair
Draonair Lv.38 (up 1)
Draonair Lv.38 (up 1)
Gyarados Lv.38 (replaces a Dragonair Lv.37)
Kingdra Lv.41 (up 1)

Elite 4

Xatu Lv.40 (unchanged)
Jynx Lv.41 (unchanged)
Exeggutor Lv.41 (down 1)
Slowbro Lv.41 (unchanged)
Xatu Lv.42 (unchanged)

Koga
Ariados Lv.40 (unchanged)
Venomoth Lv.41 (unchanged)
Forretress Lv.43 (unchanged)
Muck Lv.42 (unchanged)
Crobat Lv.44 (unchanged)

Bruno
Hitmontop Lv.42 (unchanged)
Hitmonlee Lv.42 (unchanged)
Hitmonchan Lv.42 (unchanged)
Onix Lv.43 (unchanged)
Machamp Lv.46 (unchanged)

Karen
Umbreon Lv.42 (unchanged)
Vileplume Lv.42 (unchanged)
Gengar Lv.45 (unchanged)
Murkrow Lv.44 (unchanged)
Houndoom Lv.47 (unchanged)

Lance
Gyrados Lv.44 (unchanged)
Dragonite Lv.47 (unchanged)
Dragonite Lv.47 (unchanged)
Aerodactyl Lv.46 (unchanged)
Charizard Lv.46 (unchanged)
Dragonite Lv.50 (unchanged)

Kanto Gym Leaders

Lt.Surge
Raichu Lv.51 (up 7)
Electrode Lv. 47 (up 7)
Electrode Lv.47 (up 7)
Magneton Lv. 47 (up 7)
Electabuzz Lv. 53 (up 7)

Sabrina
Espeon Lv. 53 (up 7)
Mr. Mime Lv.53 (up 7)
Alakazam Lv.55 (up 7)

Erika
Jumpluff Lv.51(up 10)
Tangela Lv.52 (up 10)
Victreebel Lv.56 (up 10)
Bellossom Lv.56 (up 10)

Misty
Golduck Lv.49 (up 7)
Quagsire Lv.49 (up 7)
Lapras Lv.52 (up 8)
Starmie Lv.54 (up 7)

Janine
Crobat Lv.47 (up 11)
Weezing Lv.44 (up 8)
Ariados Lv.47 (replaced a Weezing Lv.36)
Ariados Lv.47 (up 14)
Venomoth Lv. 50 (up 11)

Brock
Graveler Lv.51 (up 10)
Rhyhorn Lv.51 (up 10)
Omastar Lv.53 (up 11)
Onix Lv.54 (up 10)
Kabotops Lv.52 (up 10)

Blaine
Magmar Lv.54 (up 9)
Magcargo Lv.54 (up 9)
Rapidash Lv.59 (up 9)

Green/Blue
Exeggutor Lv.55 (down 3)
Machamp Lv.56 (replaced an Alakazam Lv.56
Arcanine Lv.58 (unchanged)
Rhydon Lv.58 (up 2)
Gyrados Lv.52 (down 6)
Pidgeot Lv.60 (up 4)

All the information was obtained from Serebii.net.

BCVM22

But tell me, if he wasn't in the movie, would he have been in the game? You need a movie event pokemon to unlock him. It seems to me he is in the games becuase he's in the movie because he's in the games.

What, seriously? The anime, as much as it is its own continuing narrative, is as much a marketing vehicle for the games as anything else. This is your argument? Really?

What if Lugia had never been in a movie? Celebi? Lucario? Manaphy? Are you really trying to make the case that if none of those critters had been in movies prior to the game debuts, then they would not have been in the games at all?

That's terrible logic. Again and for I hope the last time, new Pokémon/formes appear in the anime to advertise their roles in the games. Not the other way around, for pity's sake.

Lugion

@12medbe:

So, Giovanni's the old pervert... Interesting.

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
*is now simply waiting for the Sugimori art of Will* it's always something with me 8D

I wanna know why Bugsy isnt in his gym either. :0 Maybe the bug-catching contest or something? or maybe he got KIDNAPPED IN SOME DASTARDLY PLOT TO TAKE OVER JOHTO AS DIRECTED BY TOGEPI D:

*dun dun duuuuuuun*

Status
Not open for further replies.