• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_N

Hm, I wonder how the GB player reacts to the Battle Frontier/any other new-new musics.
Does it simply not work, or does it downgrade the music to an 8-bit form?

elite ralf

I wished both lati@s are catchable in one version..coz they're twins.. oh well. T.T

Poke_Cannon

Beck is my boy'
im so glad ive never played gold/silver/crystal. and also im glad im not reading all the discoveries and spoilers.

2nd generation is my favorite generation pokemon-wise.. and now ill be able to experience the best way possible. with a bad-*** upgrade.

celebi23

Chimchar Breeder
Hm, I wonder how the GB player reacts to the Battle Frontier/any other new-new musics.
Does it simply not work, or does it downgrade the music to an 8-bit form?

There's actually 8-Bit versions of most tracks :D Pretty awesome. There's 8-Bit versions of Battle Frontier & Pokéthlon as well

DEATHBOTT

i was a gold player and ho-oh is my favourite pokemon so i was looking forward to catching and training ho-oh in heartgold but i really dont like its sprite. i also like groudon and latios more than their counterparts. sigh.. ive got thinking to do.

i was a gold player and ho-oh is my favourite pokemon so i was looking forward to catching and training ho-oh in heartgold but i really dont like its sprite. i also like groudon and latios more than their counterparts. sigh.. ive got thinking to do.

I think you should get SoulSilver. Since Ho-oh is obtainable in SS anyway, and Groudon is SS-exclusive and Latios probably is too, I think it'd be the better buy for you.

MegaJonZero

Pokemon Master
Has anyone found any unused sprites or possible sprites for the future 5th generation pokemon games? If not I dont see how it would be possible to trade between the two..

LimeStar

i cant find the Kanto map picture anymore D: can someone post it? i have no idea where i saw it

drake13

Ryukishi
Has anyone found any unused sprites or possible sprites for the future 5th generation pokemon games? If not I dont see how it would be possible to trade between the two..
nope...i think...

anyways, battle theme for the two legends:

Lugia

Ho-oh

they're....great....

Last edited:

halloweenghost

im so glad ive never played gold/silver/crystal. and also im glad im not reading all the discoveries and spoilers.

2nd generation is my favorite generation pokemon-wise.. and now ill be able to experience the best way possible. with a bad-*** upgrade.

becareful veiwing in this thred then... spoilers are here.. :p and can pop up here..

Last edited:

KKInu

I don't know where anyone got the idea one game was more suited to one gender than the other,

1. That's just rude to anyone who likes the game that is opposite their "supposed gender".
2. I pick the game with the mascot I like more for my main game. I liked Lugia and the color silver back then and I like Lugia and the color silver now. It has nothing to do with the pokemon exclusives in each version, really. Sure, there will be some disappointments (I always hated that Growlithe was in gold) but that's why I'm getting both games.

Status
Not open for further replies.