• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigglypuff5000

A meeting with Giovanni doesn't have anything to do with the plot either. ^-^

Ah, but he'll obviously [randomly] bring up the tales of FR/LG and what he's been up to since, thus its a sub-plot, which comes under story-centric, which the Battle Frontiers don't have in any way shape or form. ^-^

Sooo... no one has found Giovanni yet?

<C_L>
Apparently not. :[

torchd33.png
This is my favorite part of the Johto storyline! I love the way Clair looks in HG/SS, and the Ice Path is awesome! I always remember how long it took me to get through it in my Gold version lol.

Zero38

Self-made
To be honest, I think Giovanni should've been found a long time ago. His levels are in the 40's. I think we need to battle him first, before we can do rematches with the gyms.

I said that before

but no one paid ATTN

and the places in my mind are

the cave which lets you go to kanto

vermillion

celadon

cerulean

victory road(maybe because in DPPt after N pokedex he opens a place : ) )

Shadow Eeveelution

DracLord Dread
So the discovery thread mentioned something about Steven checking out rare stones in Pewter Museum. Does that have anything to do with changing Deoxys' formes? Does anyone know?

That could be a possibality

Okay, I know someone is going to make me feel stupid for asking this... but...

Torchd, you keep posting all these awesome pictures of you battling gym leaders, rockets, or your rival... and I keep seeing that all pokemon names are in english, including ur opponent... for a japanese game, that seems quite confusing... I feel like a complete noob now...

Jigglypuff5000

Torchd, you keep posting all these awesome pictures of you battling gym leaders, rockets, or your rival... and I keep seeing that all pokemon names are in english, including ur opponent... for a japanese game, that seems quite confusing... I feel like a complete noob now...

He's using a translation patch, which just translates the most common parts of the text [like pokemon names, battle text etc.]. The main crop of the game is still in Japanese, though. [Otherwise I'm sure most of us may have taken the importing plunge!] xD

DarkLegend

The Grand Draconian
TorchD is using a emulator and Japanese ROM with English patch...

Maybe Giovanni's there?

Precisely. I can see him hanging out at the generator, thinking about stuff and how Team Rocket has been obliterated.

R_N

Ah, but he'll obviously [randomly] bring up the tales of FR/LG and what he's been up to since, thus its a sub-plot, which comes under story-centric, which the Battle Frontiers don't have in any way shape or form. ^-^

Or he'll just make off-hand references in passing and won't be story centric at all or even a sub-plot~ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

Besides, the just because it hasn't been sub-plotty before (which, by the by, is contradicted by Barry's father being a Brain and giving background info in addition to Plat's double battle) doesn't mean it can't now.

Andrew McKenzie

So he's probably in a dark place [so as to not stand out]...

Dark Cave, via the entrance south of Blackthorn. Not sure if it's been tried yet.

Woah. This thread has been shooting out pages faster than a thunderbolt.

EDIT: Also, Deoxys changing forms?
That could have something to do with Pewter museum as said before, but perhaps the rocks from space were harvested from somewhere inside Mt. Moon.
Anyone check Mt. Moon for Giovanni, by the way?

Last edited:

Jigglypuff5000

Or he'll just make off-hand references in passing and won't be story centric at all or even a sub-plot~ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

Besides, the just because it hasn't been sub-plotty before (which, by the by, is contradicted by Barry's father being a Brain and giving background info in addition to Plat's double battle) doesn't mean it can't now.

Maybe, maybe not. ^-^

I never got Platinum [since I was happy with Diamond and Pearl], so I didn't know that. That's coolio meguess. Small, but coolio.

12Medbe

I said that before

but no one paid ATTN

and the places in my mind are

the cave which lets you go to kanto

vermillion

celadon

cerulean

victory road(maybe because in DPPt after N pokedex he opens a place : ) )

My Thoughts where Giovanni could be

-BF
-Mahogany Hideout
-MT. Mortar
-The New Route in Cianwood
-Dark Cave
-Celadon Game Corner (Check the Poster)
-Somewhere in Viridian
-MT. Silver
-Celadon Restuarant
-Cerulean Cave Extra
-Ice Path
-Underground Paths
-Rock Tunnel
-Victory Road
-Tohjo Falls
-The Lavender SoulHouse
-S.S Aqua

Shadow Eeveelution

DracLord Dread

Serebii mentioned that some word are used in english in the game

Chollector

I was thinking about one thing, what about the photographer?
If you have taken a picture, maybe he is in a house somewere?

And if you talk to him and you get the picture to show
to the gym leader to unlock the rematch?

Status
Not open for further replies.