• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again. How are little kids supposed to figure this out?
Just randomly happen to come across the gym leaders?

The majority of little kids don't even know how to play. Trust me, I have two 8 year old cousins who own Sapphire and don't even know how to save the game. They just keep restarting and fighting May. They actually think that's the end of the game.

(Yet another hole in the "Pokemon is for 5 year olds" argument)

Visual

Nine one six ~
Once again. How are little kids supposed to figure this out?
Just randomly happen to come across the gym leaders?

Maybe some kids(who don't check guides/walkthrough) do not even realize that you can rebattle gym leaders.

Or this:

The majority of little kids don't even know how to play. Trust me, I have two 8 year old cousins who own Sapphire and don't even know how to save the game. They just keep restarting and fighting May. They actually think that's the end of the game.

(Yet another hole in the "Pokemon is for 5 year olds" argument)

Patrick2772

I don't think it's just little kids who wouldn't know where to go. :p

I know I needed to buy a full guide to even know the plot continued to Stark Mountain. :D

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Question:

After you have beaten the Leaders for the SECOND time,
are you able to rematch them AGAIN? :O

Yes. Just think of the Fighting Dojo as the Battleground in Platinum. The only difference is that in Battleground, gym leaders are randomly selected, while in HGSS you call up the gym leader you specifically want to battle.

Visual

Nine one six ~
I don't think it's just little kids who wouldn't know where to go. :p

I know I needed to buy a full guide to even know the plot continued to Stark Mountain. :D

I didn't even know that the Regis and Rayquaza are in Sapphire until I looked it up in Serebii...or some other sources.

stephenjsheridan

after surge

the discovery thread will be finished : (

i loved the 3 days i've spent with you Guys

and joe too.. : (

uh, what about Rotum and other pokemon info we haven't found out yet?...
and the day of the week events? (ie, lapras in union cave on Friday, frieda and her gang... and other new events?)

Visual

Nine one six ~
after surge

the discovery thread will be finished : (

i loved the 3 days i've spent with you Guys

and joe too.. : (

It will?!?! Awwww...I love this thread. *hugs thread*

Patrick2772

Does Red have a rematch team?

Status
Not open for further replies.