• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he means that kind of call.

Wait, do you mean he's he's not talking about a phone call?

Or did you think I meant the call back to the entrance of the Safari Zone when time runs out? Cause I meant a phone call...

I was saying that since it's connected to the Safari Zone, the warden might call you based on a number of steps...

12Medbe

Miltank was hard in GSC and probably isn't any easier in HGSS because of that stupid Rollout.

Stupid Rollout Spammer! :p

Hmmm, being able to find fossils and heart scales when using Rock Smash, that means I'll be rock smashing every rock I can. lol.

How fun! I wonder if Pewter City Museum can ressurect Fossils now that Cinnibar Island's Lab is gone.

Good Question there... I'd imagine that the Museum would make the most sense now-a-days...

Yea, can't you find Steven in the Museum later on...? I remember Serebii saying it was open... I swear...

Cobalt_Latios

Thank Arceus for that.

So does anyone know anymore version exclusives other than these?

HG - Kygore, Latias
SS - Latios, Groudon
So, it's inversed then. Usually the "Red" version of the games would be getting "red" themed Pokemon, and "Blue" version getting the "blue" themed ones.

That settles it, I'm getting both :D.

Wow. Pokemon HeartGold SoulSilver did so well that basically all of the games sold out in Japan:
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2009/09/13/pokemon_sellouts/
Nothing was left to buy! And look at these crazy lines for them:
http://blog.livedoor.jp/htmk73/archives/176360.html

Pretty amazing no?
Amazing, yes. Surprising, not in the least. I'm sure this is going to be as big in America, but they'll probably be getting a much heavier shipment. That's usually how it happens.

All the version exclusives from the originals should remain the same as well.
Well, I sort of know that, but I also want to know about the others. We have a helluva lot more pokes to deal with in this game.

Thank god we won't be having those lines in America.
Yeah, GameStop/EB Games can't handle those! Haha!

Wow at the reactions to Heart Gold and Soul Silver. Fortunately for me, I'm in college and have late classes, so I'll be able to simply get up early and buy them while all the kids are in school. Haha
Yeah, but it depends when it comes out, too. Some of us end College a little earlier too. I might be able to pick up HGSS (I'm getting Soul Silver first) on the day it comes out. I'm not sure where I'll be preordering it though...

Okay then, the version exclusives should be this [note this isn't confirmed as of yet]:

HG

Kygore
Latias
Mankey
Growlithe
Spinarak
Gligar
Mantine
Phanpy (going off the Japanese Gold/Silver exclusives, not the US ones)

SS

Latios
Groudon
Vulpix
Meowth
Ledyba
Delibird
Skarmory
Teddiursa (See Phanpy)
Wait... I thought Phanpy was in Silver, Teddiursa was in Gold?

I'm guessing there's still more though, right?

DAMN!!!! That settles it! I'm going to pre-order my Heartgold Version the very minute The release date is set! Or at least when I know pre-orders officially start.
I'd at least give it until either November, December or January. That's around when DP was announced.

One question.

Do the Gym Leaders get enhanced movesets from the TMs they give out?

Example: Bugsy getting a Scyther with U-Turn.
That's a good question. I wonder what Witney's going to be giving seeing that she's a Normal type trainer.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=417892

Anyways, is anyone else dissapointed that there's nothing on room decorations? Come on, I can't be the only one. ;-;
No. I didn't care for decorations.

Not sure if it was just pure luck in my case, but it looks like Whitney doesn't feel the need to spam Rollout anymore. Now she likes a killer combination of stomp and some healing move. >_>
Oh great...

Serebii: You can find Heart Scales when using Rock Smash as well as Fossils and wild Pokémon

How fun! I wonder if Pewter City Museum can ressurect Fossils now that Cinnibar Island's Lab is gone.
This is good, it's going to be much easier to get them. I didn't like the setup of the Underground much. The concept was alright, I just didn't really like how you can't ever seem to find what your looking for.

Rock Smashin's goin' to be fun in Hg/Ss. How much you wanna bet that there's a chance of findin' things like Star Pieces and other rarities? ;p
I wouldn't doubt it. Stuff like that was available in the Underground, so it's probably going to available via RS as well.

<C_L>

◘Ins0mnIac◘

Supreme Overlord
Since G/S gen. have no native fossils I'm curious which Pokemon are going to be available before/after the national dex. All are available in D/P/Pt so I suppose it won't alter availability too much.

Chimchar15

I'd at least give it until either November, December or January. That's around when DP was announced.

<C_L>

The thing is HeartGold and SoulSilver were already annouced in America while D/P were announced on Dec 2006.

Oh and we already know that Whitney has TM45 Attract like she originally did.

Last edited:

KKInu

Hey, can anyone confirm if phanpy is in soulsilver or not? I know they swapped phanpy and teddiursa originally, so...

Quebert

Dont know if this has popped up yet, but are there secret bases?

I knowwe lost the Underground but do we get a house like in Platinum or make them from trees and rock like in R/S/E?

alster08

Pokemon Master
Does any one know what kind of celebi do you need to activate the celebi event i relly want to know plese??

Status
Not open for further replies.