• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kemal07

Say, um...... I know Red doesn't have a banner and in its place is the old-fashioned pokeball, but does he have an animated sprite or not?

Also, since the safari zone is now in Johto, what happened to the one in fuchsia city? THey had to have done something to the building... is it closed down or demolished? Did they turn it into something else?

He indeed does have an animated battle sprite

Paperfairy

Pokémon Capture Pro
Red has an animated battle sprite. Fuchsia Safari Zone is now Pal Park.

Sushi Dragonfire

Feel the power
Wow, Pikachu's moveset sure is...familiar...

Stormthefox

Eevee Trainer
Its nice that they put the Safari Zone in Jhoto I missed that in Gold, Silver, and crystal. Good to have Pal park too.

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
So before the release of HGSS, I believe there was an interview where one of the game developers (or some other high-up) mentioned the possibility of unique traits acquired through breeding, ala Notched-Eared Pichu. Has this been confirmed?

KKInu

He indeed does have an animated battle sprite

Kay, thanks!

Jeez, though, they still built the lavender radio tower -_-' I know that would happen but I always found that to be.... so disrespectful and a bit unnerving

though at least there's the soul house I suppose.

Stormthefox

Eevee Trainer
So before the release of HGSS, I believe there was an interview where one of the game developers (or some other high-up) mentioned the possibility of unique traits acquired through breeding, ala Notched-Eared Pichu. Has this been confirmed?

Notch ear is a one of a kind Pichu found in the Forest. You need the Special Pikachu Pichu to get her.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Notch ear is a one of a kind Pichu found in the Forest. You need the Special Pikachu Pichu to get her.

Starterlover isn't asking about that.

And about the interview, i haven't heard about this. Members are speculating, however, that this type of unique patters/markings will be implemented in the 5th generation.

I never knew that Teddiursa and Phanphy were flipped in Silver/Gold! O.O I kinda hoped they remain that way, because I planned on getting SoulSilver, and I luffs Phanphy...

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
Yeah, they're all moves that any Pikachu can learn with enough work. Don't start.

There isn't anything wrong with making an observation. No one's made any assumptions about Red or his Pikachu... just the familiarity of the moveset. I agree that games=/= anime, but it's a coincidence that some might see as amusing.

BCVM22

There isn't anything wrong with making an observation.

Certainly not. Just like there's nothing wrong with hopefully putting the kibosh on where that bit of conversation was potentially heading, given the number of times it's been brought up unnecessarily in this thread alone.

Stormthefox

Eevee Trainer
Starterlover isn't asking about that.

And about the interview, i haven't heard about this. Members are speculating, however, that this type of unique patters/markings will be implemented in the 5th generation.

Opps Sorry. Misunderstood. I think it would be good if they did. And it would be nice to see some more Pre evolved Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.